Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Yankee Stadium Stones in September! 06 MY DREAM!
Date: April 11, 2006 07:47

Yankee Stadium in THE BRONX NEW YORK!This is one place they have to play they did Shea stadium NY in 1989 and Fennway Park, Boston in 2005,and I feel they played Giants Stadium,New Jersey in 2005 one time to many after many other years there.,ITS time that George steinbrenner who is the Yankee owner. and the Stones do something in this stadium and make this 62-06 Stones Tour the Biggest Bang Night ever In New Yorks Rock in Roll History!In the Bronx NEW YORK.U-2 played there !Pink Floyd played there! Billy Joel played there Muhammed Ali fought there! And Babe Ruth played there!and made it the house that Ruth built.So now it is time for Some Stones Slugging POWER!It is the one show the STONES must do!For one night only in 06 Stones fans will be able to say this is the houses that the Stones Built!I have been hopeing for many years that it would happen. I saw all the rock shows over the years many baseball games plus the ALI/NORTON Fight in 1976 In this place.and it was Unreal!Years ago they used to say that Yankee Stadium was the oreacul of all baseball.NOW IT IS TIME FOR THE STONES!It would be SUPER!IF MY DREAM FINNALY COMES TRUE PLEASE SOMEONE GET ME A FEW TICKETS IN THE FRONT ROW AND A FEW BACK STAGE PASSES.So then some day I can die IN PEACE!LONG LIVE THE STONES!THE BEST BAND OF ALL TIME!LIKE Muhammad ALI used to say THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!.I HOPE MICK AND THE BOYS SOME HOW GET THIS MASSAGE!IT JUST HAS TO HAPPEN IN FALL OF O6!The Time is NOW!

Re: Yankee Stadium Stones in September! 06 MY DREAM!
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 11, 2006 08:07

A dream to see the Stones in a stadium? :-(

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: April 11, 2006 09:51

yankees suck, jeter swallows! Lets go Mets!

Date: April 11, 2006 15:44

GET READY FOR SOME STONES SLUGGING POWER IN SEPTEMBER 06 AT YANKEES STADIUM. I FEEL IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN! WE SHALL SEE!THE DREAM IS REAL!!!!!!

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: April 11, 2006 16:51

My guess is that it will never happen. I saw Billy Joel at Yankee Stadium;
While we're on the subject..what was the last concert event held at Yankee
Stadium...?

Posted by: malja316 ()
Date: April 11, 2006 18:00

I doubt the Yankees will allow a Stones concert to happen during baseball season, I am sure their field took a massive beating in 1994 when Pink Floyd, Billy Joel, and others played there...it would be cool to see if that were to occur....you never know man, money talks and bullsh*t walks! That would be cool if this would go down, but in September during the pennant race? I cant foresee that happening......

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: April 11, 2006 18:10

Yankee Stadium should be freed up by early October . . . maybe then?

Date: April 11, 2006 22:00

It could depend on the schedules of both parties.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: April 11, 2006 22:09

I am a YANKEE fantatic - I was born in the bronx two blocks from yankee stadium
and lived their when I grew up.

GO BOMBERS

Posted by: stevej0531 ()
Date: April 11, 2006 22:27

Sounds like a nightmare, not a dream.

The dream was Fenway Park in August 2005, you see dreams do come true sometimes!!

Date: April 11, 2006 22:27

Any extended periods of time on the road in late September or early October for the Yankees?

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: April 11, 2006 22:30

the yanks should be in playoffs around that time beating boston !!!

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: April 11, 2006 22:39

Excellent idea.
THE Boys in THE Stadium.

Plan B could be Fenway.
By September it'll be time to put away the beach chairs and the Red Sox, as usual.

Go Yanks.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: April 11, 2006 23:17

From Sept 4th to the 11th they are away, also from the 18th to the 25th.

I live in The Bronx, I use to live 10 blocks from Yankee Stadium, now, I'm about 4 miles away. It would be nice to see The Rolling Stones @ Yankee Stadium.

Ever since The Yankees decided to knock down Yankee Stadium (2009) and build a new one across the street, I decided enough is enough, George Steinbrenner is an @sshole, I will no longer be supporting a team that is taking a Public Park from the neighborhood, as well as building a Stadium with fewer seats and more luxury boxes.

The Yankees are going to screw the residents of The Bronx as well as all middle class and folks who are struggling to make ends meet, with higher ticket prices, less seats, more scalpers.

The Rolling Stones are about the only act that will make me step foot in Yankee Stadium again.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 12, 2006 00:58

Bingo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> The Yankees are going to screw the residents of
> The Bronx as well as all middle class and folks
> who are struggling to make ends meet, with higher
> ticket prices, less seats, more scalpers.
>

For a second I thought you were talking about the Stones!

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: April 12, 2006 01:02

The Stones are RED SOX and PATRIOTS fans and prefer BOSTON to NEW YORK deep down as evidenced by the 2 opening shows at FENWAY! They have real taste, for sure!

Date: April 12, 2006 01:05

and what is where they have lived evidence of?

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: April 12, 2006 01:19

Debra Wrote:
> The Stones are RED SOX and PATRIOTS fans and
> prefer BOSTON to NEW YORK deep down as evidenced
> by the 2 opening shows at FENWAY! They have real
> taste, for sure!

LOL red sox fans.

How many songs do they mention boston? boston streets? neighborhoods? winking smiley

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: April 12, 2006 04:09

they'll play Shea again I've heard...Mick and Keef are diehard Mets fans who view Stenbrenner and Yankees as Darth Vader and the Death Star...sorry...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 12, 2006 04:14

.......I've said it be4...and I'll say it again...........the Rolling Stones are the Yankees of rock'n roll.........................26 times world champions................... and counting.............

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: April 12, 2006 04:17

yep...but Stones earned that title...they didn't BUY it!!!

it all started with stealing the Babe...hmmm...Catfish...Reggie...ARod...

Rip This...I AM YOUR FATHER!!!!!!!

Date: April 12, 2006 06:51

I went to the opening day today at Yankee stadium april 11, 2006 and guess what!THE 3 minutes or so befor the yankess stormed out on the field.THEY played the entire Rolling Stones song STAR ME UP! and while the song was just ending the yankees were playing ball! THAT IS THE REASON I now really belive they are coming to YANKEE STADIUM! I WENT TO 10 opening days in a row and they never palyed a stones song as a lead in to the start of a openning day.THE SONG STARTED RIGHT TO THE SECOND! RIGHT AFTER THE TWO FIGHTER JETS FLEW OVER AFTER THE NATIONAL ATHEM ! I know this sounds crazy but the sale for boston fenway park was on MAY,9 2005.GET YOUR MONEY CASH CREDIT CARD OR LOOT READY SOON FOR STONES TICKETS. I THINK THE SALE OF STONES TICKETS IS GOING HAPPEN ALOT SOONER THEN WHY THINK!

Date: April 12, 2006 07:11

stones 62 -06 tour Wrote:
> I went to the opening day today at Yankee stadium
> april 11, 2006 and guess what!THE 3 minutes or so
> befor the yankess stormed out on the field.THEY
> played the entire Rolling Stones song STAR ME UP!
> and while the song was just ending the yankees
> were playing ball! THAT IS THE REASON I now really
> belive they are coming to YANKEE STADIUM!

if the stones played every arena that played start me up, you could expect them to play every high school and college gymnasium from san diego to bangor, maine.

Date: April 12, 2006 07:34

So why do you think it happend for the first time ever at Yankee stadium TODAY APRIL 11,2006.THE REASON IS SOMEBODY HAD TO GIVE THE BIG OK ! I FEEL THE TIMING OF START ME UP HAD TO HAPPEN FOR A BIGGER REASON!AND I BELIVE THAT REASON WAS A BIGGER BANG ROLLING STONES WILL PLAY YANKEE STADIUM IN SEPT.06. FOR THE STONES BIGGEST BANG EVER!!!!!THE DREAM IS REAL!

Date: April 12, 2006 07:36

All caps? Well then I'm convinced!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 12, 2006 08:11

Only a handful of concerts have ever been held at Yankee Stadium. Offhand the only ones I can think of are Billy Joel in 1990, U2 in '92, and Pink Floyd in '94.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home