Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Ladies And Gentlemen The Rolling Stones
Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: July 15, 2010 04:21

It is Bye, bye Johnny .. not the other song.

ya ya I know..was typing faster than I can think

wyman is solid on bass for sure; but he is also alot more inventive with his patterns than you might think,, you really gotta listen to him, man.. he'll throw some motown riff into a song out of nowhere for example that is so cool and comes from so far out in left field, but it not only works but propels the tune even more

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 15, 2010 04:26

mitchflorida
MCDDTLC
Wow Mitch you really don't "get it"

do a little more homework before popping off, you really don't have a clue..

MLC

Sorry if I offended you. I have never taken a liking to Ronnie Wood in the Stones.

And I just found out that Ron Wood didn't even play on the great song Hand of Fate!

That is so funny. It was some other guy playing that great riff.

You just found out?! Sorry, mitch, I agree with you sometimes, but have you been living in a time warp or something? Black & Blue has credits for every instrument listed on every song! You just found out that Ron Wood isn't on a song released in 1976? You really should do your homework before making bold statements for all the world to see.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: July 15, 2010 04:35

stones77

wyman is solid on bass for sure; but he is also alot more inventive with his patterns than you might think,, you really gotta listen to him, man.. he'll throw some motown riff into a song out of nowhere for example that is so cool and comes from so far out in left field, but it not only works but propels the tune even more

For whatever reason, Mick and Keith never let Bill Wyman "strut his stuff" with a single bass solo in thirty or so years he was with them.

A lot of people assume, rightly or wrongly, that because Wyman never solo-ed on bass that he wasn't very good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-15 04:36 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 15, 2010 04:59

mitchflorida
stones77

For whatever reason, Mick and Keith never let Bill Wyman "strut his stuff" with a single bass solo in thirty or so years he was with them.

A lot of people assume, rightly or wrongly, that because Wyman never solo-ed on bass that he wasn't very good.

OK, so you think there are conclusions to be drawn about how Bill was treated because Rolling Stones records did not have bass solos? Do you also think Charlie Watts was denied drum solos? Poor Charlie...and Ringo for that matter, or Keith Moon. No bass solos on Stones records? Thank God.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: July 15, 2010 05:44

mitchflorida
Oops, that was ROLLING STONES AT THE MAX, the first feature-length IMAX concert film, features the Rolling Stones in top form during their highly acclaimed Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle 1990 Tour,

It doesn't have Mick Taylor playing so I am not as interested in that one. .

Has anyone seen it?

Mitch,

Seen it many times and like most Stones live concert DVD's it's a marvelous and riveting experience. I know you are strictly a Mick Taylor (and possibly Brian Jones) era Stones fan, however, I encourage you to at least consider doing a little exploring beyond the Taylor years, you might just find yourself pleasantly surprised.

I also loved the Mick Taylor era, and would welcome him back to the band in a heartbeat, even as a replacement for Ronnie provided we would be getting something reasonably close to the 70's version (in health and playing ability) of Mick Taylor - that is the "great unknown". The exciting news is that we might just have an answer to this mystery in the not to distant future.

In my opinion the Stones have gone through a series of peaks and valleys over the years with the latest peak (and maybe the last) occurring during the Forty Licks Tour in '02 and '03. Fortunately three of the finest Stones live concerts from this tour were captured on film and transferred to DVD. The result was a four disc set called 'Four Flicks' that features an arena show, a stadium show, and a theater show. If you haven't already done so, I would highly recommend viewing each of these three absolutely incredible live shows. In my opinion, this is the Rolling Stones at their absolute best since the Mick Taylor era.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 17, 2010 19:48

< Did MT really think he was going to be the next Eric Clapton?><mitchflorida>

What's a Clapton ?confused smiley

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: July 17, 2010 20:02

71Tele
mitchflorida
stones77

OK, so you think there are conclusions to be drawn about how Bill was treated because Rolling Stones records did not have bass solos? Do you also think Charlie Watts was denied drum solos? Poor Charlie...and Ringo for that matter, or Keith Moon. No bass solos on Stones records? Thank God.

I am not sure I follow. Why would one make the assumption that someone is not a good bass player because there are no solos in their recorded work? I do not think you would find a single person on this forum who would think that way or use it as a criteria for judging bass players

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-17 20:11 by mckalk.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: July 17, 2010 20:06

the rest of the beatles FINALLY capitulated and gave Ringo a drum solo on "the end".
hmm... come to think of it, his solo is on the second last track of the last beatles record. OH MY GOD! because of his demands RINGO BROKE UP THE BEATLES!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-17 20:10 by bernardanderson.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: July 17, 2010 20:16

mitchflorida
where did you get this "a lot of people assume" business? did you take a poll? do you hang out with a bunch of morons?
mitchflorida, how old are you?

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: July 17, 2010 20:48

"I am not sure I follow. Why would one make the assumption that someone is not a good bass player because there are no solos in their recorded work? I do not think you would find a single person on this forum who would think that way or use it as a criteria for judging bass players."

Pleae tell me on what song does Bill Wyman do his finest work on the bass guitar? And please don't say Sympathy For the Devil, because Keith Richards did the bass line on that song and Wyman was told to play the maracas instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-17 20:51 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: July 17, 2010 21:02

mitchflorida
"I am not sure I follow. Why would one make the assumption that someone is not a good bass player because there are no solos in their recorded work? I do not think you would find a single person on this forum who would think that way or use it as a criteria for judging bass players."

Pleae tell me on what song does Bill Wyman do his finest work on the bass guitar? And please don't say Sympathy For the Devil, because Keith Richards did the bass line on that song and Wyman was told to play the maracas instead.

Oh, I think maybe Midnight Rambler...how about Brown Sugar....maybe Honky Tonk...Miss You lays down some pretty stompin' funk!

BTW, what Stones song do you think could have benefited from an extended bass solo anyway? I guess the Stones should have hired Jaco Pastorius when he was still alive!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1294
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home