Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Loud Music
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 18, 2006 09:11

One time about five or six years ago i was listening to my headphones so loud that I was told you could hear it all the way across the house with my door closed. and these were just regular head phones, nohting fancy. Do you know what I was lisening to? Get Your Ya-Ya's Out. I think that was pretty hard core of me, if I do say so.

Re: Loud Music
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 18, 2006 13:42

My ears were damaged during the last years of the Swedish punk wave, around 1980-81(82). Of some peculiar reason I always had to stand close to the loudspeaker piles beside the stage; talkin' smaller joints.
Tinnitus is just middle name of what I got in ma ears.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 18, 2006 14:13

We used to play in this pub here in my town. It's a couple of blocks away from my house. There's a lot of bushes and gardens seperating this house from the "pub-street". Still, when we played there, my family could hear it.
Strange that the police didn't close it down.
Evrybody seemed to enjoy it though.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 18, 2006 15:47

Actually a loud surprising bang are more dangerous than a loud outdoor rock'n'roll concert, as the ears get used to the sound environment and naturally protect your ears. It's exactly the same thing as beeing outside in the sunshine for a long time, when you step inside you have problems to see clear - because the eyes have get used to an other environment. It's far more dangerous to listen to loud music with headphones, with that sound pressure.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 18, 2006 16:24

Well, I'm a fan of rock concerts and as a guitarist I like to play loud too.. and my hearing is already a little @#$%& up. But I guess it's worth it for what you get back for it!!

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: March 18, 2006 17:53

Most of the music i've listened to has been on head/earphones. Way back in *seventh* grade I didn't exactly pass a hearing test with flying colors, but whatcha gonna do...

Date: March 18, 2006 21:27

interesting point, the worst.

last night i was listening to my I pod all the way up and afterwords my ears were rining and they felt like they do when your on a plane , when theres pressure. I was a little worried but its better now. I didn't realize I pods put out that much sound.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-18 23:42 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 18, 2006 21:33

The ears have a hard time with loud headphones-music, for sure.
It's almost like, that it's bad to be beat up, but it's much worse if you're bound and gagged at the same time.

Date: March 18, 2006 23:28

yeah, i need to go easier on myself and not turn it up all the way. anyways when its up all the way you miss some of the "subtle Nuances". I want to be able to enjoy listening in the years to come.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1323
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home