Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Loud Music
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 18, 2006 09:11

One time about five or six years ago i was listening to my headphones so loud that I was told you could hear it all the way across the house with my door closed. and these were just regular head phones, nohting fancy. Do you know what I was lisening to? Get Your Ya-Ya's Out. I think that was pretty hard core of me, if I do say so.

Re: Loud Music
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 18, 2006 13:42

My ears were damaged during the last years of the Swedish punk wave, around 1980-81(82). Of some peculiar reason I always had to stand close to the loudspeaker piles beside the stage; talkin' smaller joints.
Tinnitus is just middle name of what I got in ma ears.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 18, 2006 14:13

We used to play in this pub here in my town. It's a couple of blocks away from my house. There's a lot of bushes and gardens seperating this house from the "pub-street". Still, when we played there, my family could hear it.
Strange that the police didn't close it down.
Evrybody seemed to enjoy it though.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 18, 2006 15:47

Actually a loud surprising bang are more dangerous than a loud outdoor rock'n'roll concert, as the ears get used to the sound environment and naturally protect your ears. It's exactly the same thing as beeing outside in the sunshine for a long time, when you step inside you have problems to see clear - because the eyes have get used to an other environment. It's far more dangerous to listen to loud music with headphones, with that sound pressure.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 18, 2006 16:24

Well, I'm a fan of rock concerts and as a guitarist I like to play loud too.. and my hearing is already a little @#$%& up. But I guess it's worth it for what you get back for it!!

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: March 18, 2006 17:53

Most of the music i've listened to has been on head/earphones. Way back in *seventh* grade I didn't exactly pass a hearing test with flying colors, but whatcha gonna do...

Date: March 18, 2006 21:27

interesting point, the worst.

last night i was listening to my I pod all the way up and afterwords my ears were rining and they felt like they do when your on a plane , when theres pressure. I was a little worried but its better now. I didn't realize I pods put out that much sound.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-18 23:42 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 18, 2006 21:33

The ears have a hard time with loud headphones-music, for sure.
It's almost like, that it's bad to be beat up, but it's much worse if you're bound and gagged at the same time.

Date: March 18, 2006 23:28

yeah, i need to go easier on myself and not turn it up all the way. anyways when its up all the way you miss some of the "subtle Nuances". I want to be able to enjoy listening in the years to come.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1290
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home