Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: So what do you guys do for a living??
Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: December 2, 2012 01:02

sell boiled peanuts

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: December 2, 2012 03:13

National Accounts Manager for a privately held company who own domestic wineries (Napa, Sonoma, Santa Barbara) and who market wineries and brands from overseas (mainly Italy, France, Australia).
I sell wine.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: December 2, 2012 06:04

Corporate director over Fraud and Abuse detection and investigation for a publically traded company in Atlanta.

We contract to provide services under Medicaid through our subcontractors/

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 2, 2012 23:56

BluzDude
king
colonial
king
colonial
latebloomer
colonial
[facebook.com]

colonialNZ

Check it out..yea smoking smiley

Very cool cobblestones, Colonial. You didn't do a whole lot though, between 1990 and when you were born.

latebloomer yea i've not long set up my facebook 1990 I become self employed (notice The Stones flower of choice).Theres more on my other facebook ya can check it out if ya like [facebook.com]
Cheers
Hey Colonial,I live in Melbourne-is there any chance the Stones will tour down here next year? Did you see them on their last tour?

king..hey how ya going mate yea im that confident The Stones will tour Australia and New Zealand I'll put money on it.
No I didn't see The Stones concert in London but when they tour Downunder I'll be going all out yea.
hey mate I hope to be in Melbourne next year for a few weeks..Cheers mate
Hey Colonial,I love your confidence about a tour.
Let us know when you are coming to Melbourne,and we should grab a beer and talk Stones.

Hey King, any tips on the best places for live music (and drink) in Melbourne? I'll be there next week.

Gi-day BluzDude HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAY mate smileys with beer

colonialNZ

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 3, 2012 00:07

I design "hospitality architecture" (upscale hotels usually, but I've designed other stuff). I thought once of posting a sample here, but then I've fallen in love with a song like DOOM AND GLOOM and others here think it's horrible. I love the video and others thinks it sucks. What would they say about my buildings...?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 3, 2012 00:13

Title5Take1
I design "hospitality architecture" (upscale hotels usually, but I've designed other stuff). I thought once of posting a sample here, but then I've fallen in love with a song like DOOM AND GLOOM and others here think it's horrible. I love the video and others thinks it sucks. What would they say about my buildings...?

That's a really cool job Title5Take1. I am sure your buildings are beautiful, go ahead and post a picture of one. I don't think anyone would be so rude as to insult your work just cause they don't like Doom and Gloom.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 3, 2012 00:20

latebloomer
I don't think anyone would be so rude as to insult your work just cause they don't like Doom and Gloom.

shall i introduce myself again?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 3, 2012 00:24

NICOS
System Support Engineer for ATM's (Automatic Teller Machines)

I changed ...it's now "manager" R-epair and Q-uality ..same company

Date: December 3, 2012 00:25

StonesTod
latebloomer
I don't think anyone would be so rude as to insult your work just cause they don't like Doom and Gloom.

To what?

Date: December 3, 2012 00:41

latebloomer
StonesTod
latebloomer

To what?

to whom

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 3, 2012 00:54

StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
latebloomer

To what?

to whom

And why

Date: December 3, 2012 01:17

NICOS
StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
latebloomer

To what?

to whom

And why

and wherefore

Posted by: NWSooner ()
Date: December 3, 2012 02:07

Commercial Insurance broker.....specializing in Church Property and Liability! I'm the boss and chief bottle washer too!

Stones Junkie and Mumford and Sons groupie.......

My BIZ

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 3, 2012 02:14

Date: December 3, 2012 02:19

NICOS
StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
latebloomer

To what?

to whom

And why

what for?

Date: December 10, 2012 03:34

I deal in world war 2 militaria, mostly the bad guys stuff. Mostly to private collectors and sometimes museums. And no, no neo nazis involved, they do not really have money.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 10, 2012 04:30

Work for a global investment firm as an editor for their Website. In my spare time, I'm a Stones fan!smoking smiley

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: December 10, 2012 04:46

I help ensure native Americans (Indians) get all the money that is owed to them by the federal government.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 04:47 by josepi.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 10, 2012 05:22

I am a legal assistant to 4 attorneys in WDC obviously underpaid since I can't afford a ticket I wish someone would run into and wreck it.

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: December 10, 2012 05:33

I'm a readiness NCO in the US Army.

I too don't make enough $ to see The Stones anymore.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 10, 2012 05:42

jazzbass
I own a large (13 locations) general dental and multispecialties practice outside of Philadelphia and have played bass in the same classic rock band for the last 17 years.

So tell us what an implant really costs.

Date: December 10, 2012 05:46

The Sicilian
jazzbass
I own a large (13 locations) general dental and multispecialties practice outside of Philadelphia and have played bass in the same classic rock band for the last 17 years.

Iam lying here in pain with a toothache and my dentist keeps hawking an implant on me, it reminds me of a used car salesmans tactics, are implants a scam?

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: December 10, 2012 06:00

Operations Manager at a background screening company. I know what you did the last 7 summers.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 10, 2012 06:06

Laughingsam
I'm a readiness NCO in the US Army.
Thank You!

Date: December 10, 2012 06:51

TheBostonStrangler
The Sicilian
jazzbass

Iam lying here in pain with a toothache and my dentist keeps hawking an implant on me, it reminds me of a used car salesmans tactics, are implants a scam?

I've had 4 root canals done with the post and core crowns put in. 3 of the 4 crowns have come out. Wasted money. Now I need either a permanent bridge for my two front lowers or 2 implants. But implants cost a fortune. Now they push these mini implants. In the meantime I look like a hick.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 10, 2012 07:05

Rollin' Stoner
sell boiled peanuts
got fired last week did ambulance work for 20 years

Date: December 10, 2012 07:21

The Sicilian
TheBostonStrangler
The Sicilian
jazzbass

I've had 4 root canals done with the post and core crowns put in. 3 of the 4 crowns have come out. Wasted money. Now I need either a permanent bridge for my two front lowers or 2 implants. But implants cost a fortune. Now they push these mini implants. In the meantime I look like a hick.

Why not get a root canal Strangler?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 10, 2012 07:28

We gonna get an answer on the root canal, crown, implants cost question?

Any advice from anyone on this topic?

Date: December 10, 2012 12:49

Hey Sicilian and other dental train wrecks. Iam off to see the dentist in 1 hour. Ill see if a root canal is enough. My former dentist kept tryin to push the implant on me, I do not trust it for some reason and talked to others in my family who had themand they said it irritated their jaw and was painful to live with.Today I will try a new dentist and see what he says, I guess I can go root canal or just yank the SOB out of my mouth. Iam also curious to see what the opinion of the dental worker is on these implants. My former dentist wanted 2000 euros for one which is near 3000 dollars, I had the cash but did not just want to blindly do that, he kept pressuring me also.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 10, 2012 13:08

TheBostonStrangler
Hey Sicilian and other dental train wrecks. Iam off to see the dentist in 1 hour. Ill see if a root canal is enough. My former dentist kept tryin to push the implant on me, I do not trust it for some reason and talked to others in my family who had themand they said it irritated their jaw and was painful to live with.Today I will try a new dentist and see what he says, I guess I can go root canal or just yank the SOB out of my mouth. Iam also curious to see what the opinion of the dental worker is on these implants. My former dentist wanted 2000 euros for one which is near 3000 dollars, I had the cash but did not just want to blindly do that, he kept pressuring me also.

I am no expert on this, and that is why I asked above. Tooth/gum pain is the worst kind... so when it starts hurting one must do something about it, and do it quickly, or go insane.... and beings someone who claims to be an expert on this concept didnt offer a tip.... allow the blind to help the blind.

Maybe something you can ask the dentist about...

I think the hurting you are feeling is an infection... and if you need more time to find a good Dentist, or at least one you can trust.... maybe taking some anti biotics might clear up the infection, reduce the pain and give you some time. This is why the pain sometimes comes and goes.

It is one thing to have hot/cold pain, I think that is an exposed nerve... I think it is another to have the throbbing gum pain.. and I think that is an infection, which can be temporarily fixed with some antibitoics (not pain killers, I mean something kill the infection)... AS I SAID I am no expert.... but you might ask the Dentist you go today it this might help you if he writes you a prescription for antibiotics to clear it up, get rid of the pain and give you some pain fre time to think about it. And yes I am aware of the over use of anti bitoics, but if one have not done that.... then OK. maybe

Just trying to help here.... I dont need anyone yelling at me at length about it, so if anyone disagrees they sure better offer some better advice than the typical drivel saying this is wrong, and that is it. I am just offering a tip or two to ask the Dentist about.

At some point I may need my first root canal and i was just looking for any real world tips... or something useful which I dont know.

I think one thing they do about bout losing the whole tooth is a bridge thing where they cap a tooth on each side of the missing tooth, and I have heard mixed things about thay... for instance why ruin 2 good teeth to help the one in the middle... and that may be where an implant is better.

I would RUUUUNNN from anyone suggesting saving money going to a dental college.... if you have the money, juts look for a good dentist who isnt pushing an agenda.

Good luck.... please let us know how it works out.

I still wonder about crowns that have failed... why would they? How long should they last? Do any Dentists give warrenties to guarantee work they do will last trouble free or they fix it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 13:15 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home