Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: So what do you guys do for a living??
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 10, 2012 13:19

Currently volunteering at the Museum of English Rural Life at my old Alma Mater, Reading University, providing guided tours.

Date: December 10, 2012 13:45

Max'sKansasCity
TheBostonStrangler
Hey Sicilian and other dental train wrecks. Iam off to see the dentist in 1 hour. Ill see if a root canal is enough. My former dentist kept tryin to push the implant on me, I do not trust it for some reason and talked to others in my family who had themand they said it irritated their jaw and was painful to live with.Today I will try a new dentist and see what he says, I guess I can go root canal or just yank the SOB out of my mouth. Iam also curious to see what the opinion of the dental worker is on these implants. My former dentist wanted 2000 euros for one which is near 3000 dollars, I had the cash but did not just want to blindly do that, he kept pressuring me also.

I am no expert on this, and that is why I asked above. Tooth/gum pain is the worst kind... so when it starts hurting one must do something about it, and do it quickly, or go insane.... and beings someone who claims to be an expert on this concept didnt offer a tip.... allow the blind to help the blind.

Maybe something you can ask the dentist about...

I think the hurting you are feeling is an infection... and if you need more time to find a good Dentist, or at least one you can trust.... maybe taking some anti biotics might clear up the infection, reduce the pain and give you some time. This is why the pain sometimes comes and goes.

It is one thing to have hot/cold pain, I think that is an exposed nerve... I think it is another to have the throbbing gum pain.. and I think that is an infection, which can be temporarily fixed with some antibitoics (not pain killers, I mean something kill the infection)... AS I SAID I am no expert.... but you might ask the Dentist you go today it this might help you if he writes you a prescription for antibiotics to clear it up, get rid of the pain and give you some pain fre time to think about it. And yes I am aware of the over use of anti bitoics, but if one have not done that.... then OK. maybe

Just trying to help here.... I dont need anyone yelling at me at length about it, so if anyone disagrees they sure better offer some better advice than the typical drivel saying this is wrong, and that is it. I am just offering a tip or two to ask the Dentist about.

At some point I may need my first root canal and i was just looking for any real world tips... or something useful which I dont know.

I think one thing they do about bout losing the whole tooth is a bridge thing where they cap a tooth on each side of the missing tooth, and I have heard mixed things about thay... for instance why ruin 2 good teeth to help the one in the middle... and that may be where an implant is better.

I would RUUUUNNN from anyone suggesting saving money going to a dental college.... if you have the money, juts look for a good dentist who isnt pushing an agenda.

Good luck.... please let us know how it works out.

I still wonder about crowns that have failed... why would they? How long should they last? Do any Dentists give warrenties to guarantee work they do will last trouble free or they fix it.

By all means any advice helps me out! I have had this tooth broken for years, I have an irrational fear of people sticking sharp hooks in my mouth lol. After I shunned the implant it blew up like a time bomb the other day, I only had vinegar in the house which stopped the pain for only 10 mins at a time, now my entire mouth is burned from vinegar lol. Being Sunday and everything is closed I found a bottle of vodka which when gargled completely killed the pain. Iam glad you brought up the success rate of crowns, I will ask the dentist if there is some sort of gurantee.

It makes me angry because I have no knoweldge of dentistry, its not like a car. They could tell me the onlyway to fix it is to sew mynuts to my big toe and I would probably believe it , in other words what they tel lme is aall greek to me.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 10, 2012 13:52

TheBostonStrangler
Max'sKansasCity
TheBostonStrangler
Hey Sicilian and other dental train wrecks. Iam off to see the dentist in 1 hour. Ill see if a root canal is enough. My former dentist kept tryin to push the implant on me, I do not trust it for some reason and talked to others in my family who had themand they said it irritated their jaw and was painful to live with.Today I will try a new dentist and see what he says, I guess I can go root canal or just yank the SOB out of my mouth. Iam also curious to see what the opinion of the dental worker is on these implants. My former dentist wanted 2000 euros for one which is near 3000 dollars, I had the cash but did not just want to blindly do that, he kept pressuring me also.

I am no expert on this, and that is why I asked above. Tooth/gum pain is the worst kind... so when it starts hurting one must do something about it, and do it quickly, or go insane.... and beings someone who claims to be an expert on this concept didnt offer a tip.... allow the blind to help the blind.

Maybe something you can ask the dentist about...

I think the hurting you are feeling is an infection... and if you need more time to find a good Dentist, or at least one you can trust.... maybe taking some anti biotics might clear up the infection, reduce the pain and give you some time. This is why the pain sometimes comes and goes.

It is one thing to have hot/cold pain, I think that is an exposed nerve... I think it is another to have the throbbing gum pain.. and I think that is an infection, which can be temporarily fixed with some antibitoics (not pain killers, I mean something kill the infection)... AS I SAID I am no expert.... but you might ask the Dentist you go today it this might help you if he writes you a prescription for antibiotics to clear it up, get rid of the pain and give you some pain fre time to think about it. And yes I am aware of the over use of anti bitoics, but if one have not done that.... then OK. maybe

Just trying to help here.... I dont need anyone yelling at me at length about it, so if anyone disagrees they sure better offer some better advice than the typical drivel saying this is wrong, and that is it. I am just offering a tip or two to ask the Dentist about.

At some point I may need my first root canal and i was just looking for any real world tips... or something useful which I dont know.

I think one thing they do about bout losing the whole tooth is a bridge thing where they cap a tooth on each side of the missing tooth, and I have heard mixed things about thay... for instance why ruin 2 good teeth to help the one in the middle... and that may be where an implant is better.

I would RUUUUNNN from anyone suggesting saving money going to a dental college.... if you have the money, juts look for a good dentist who isnt pushing an agenda.

Good luck.... please let us know how it works out.

I still wonder about crowns that have failed... why would they? How long should they last? Do any Dentists give warrenties to guarantee work they do will last trouble free or they fix it.

By all means any advice helps me out! I have had this tooth broken for years, I have an irrational fear of people sticking sharp hooks in my mouth lol. After I shunned the implant it blew up like a time bomb the other day, I only had vinegar in the house which stopped the pain for only 10 mins at a time, now my entire mouth is burned from vinegar lol. Being Sunday and everything is closed I found a bottle of vodka which when gargled completely killed the pain. Iam glad you brought up the success rate of crowns, I will ask the dentist if there is some sort of gurantee.

It makes me angry because I have no knoweldge of dentistry, its not like a car. They could tell me the onlyway to fix it is to sew mynuts to my big toe and I would probably believe it , in other words what they tel lme is aall greek to me.

Sounds like a lousy weekend... sorry to hear it. sad smiley

My pleasure to offer one tidbit that sparks an idea to help you out, that was the intention.

Most everybody else (except Lawyers)(should be killed) offers some type of warranty for high dollars items... Dentists should too... even if it is a hand shake.... and least he might help you out later if something goes wrong. Good luck today. AND BRING ON THE NITROUS!!! if you like that type of thing.

I will add another NO PAIN.. thing, not sure if your guy does this, but my Dentist applies a topical anesthesia, on a cotton schwab to my gum, to numb my gum BEFORE THE SHOT... I want NO PAIN... ever.

NO pain = NO pain

Good luck

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 13:59 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 10, 2012 14:06

Please note that no root canal treatment is guaranteed - you are dealing with an infection deep inside the tooth. If the infection comes back, you need a second root canal and crown. If it comes back a second time, no further root canal/crown treatments are possible, and an implant is your only option.

Posted by: robertmg2 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 14:08

Lawyer in London

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 10, 2012 14:09

Always get a second opinion.

Date: December 10, 2012 14:14

BluzDude
Always get a second opinion.

I would second that opinion.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 10, 2012 15:45

tomcasagranda
Currently volunteering at the Museum of English Rural Life at my old Alma Mater, Reading University, providing guided tours.
my job is to get banned!!!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 10, 2012 16:29

Strangler,

I mentioned my crown failures because it is sometimes indicative of poor dentistry.
One of the most important things to remember is that after the root canal, get that crown put in ASAP. If you let it go for a while and the dead tooth cracks, then there is nothing to hold the crown and it will have to be pulled. After the root canal a next visit begins the prep for the crown. The dentist will usually grind down the tooth to prepare it for a pin or post. (grinding too much will cause the crown to fail as well) They drill a hole and cement it in. Then after some bite forms and color charting to match the crown is ordered and installed on the next visit over the ground down tooth.

My first root canal was completed and I was at college classes 3 hours later. BTW that crown is still in. To come clean on this, I am a white man and this dentist at the time was a young black man. (I was on my wife's plan and he was one of two dentists that you could use and I badly need an appointment so I went) I thought for sure he was going to stick it to me with the root canal and I was petrified. But I'll say this he was the best dentist I've ever been to. His office was in a restored brick 19th century building which even thrilled me more. The office was clean and spotless with two large salt water fish tanks to go. One thing though they would hound you about payment and insurance before you even said hello. He was slow but thorough and constantly asked me if I was feeling any pain during the procedure. HE did every procedure not an assistant.

In the end you could have the tooth pulled and a bridge or implant installed later. That will relieve the pain. Tell your dentist you want hydrocordone for pain as motrin will upset your stomach. At least you get 30 tabs and a little buzz with pain relief.

To Max,

Antibiotics have to used if any infection is suspected. Usually that is only a temporary fix as the pain will eventually return. I am taking my daughter to the college dentist in February for an implant consultation. It is half the price. Some people we know have said good things about it. I'm sure there is some bad as well but I investigate it thoroughly. Long story short she needs an implant from a pulled tooth when she was younger and had braces put on. (Braces cost a fortune as well) I will check into it for myself as well.

Date: December 10, 2012 16:33

The Sicilian
Strangler,

I mentioned my crown failures because it is sometimes indicative of poor dentistry.
One of the most important things to remember is that after the root canal, get that crown put in ASAP. If you let it go for a while and the dead tooth cracks, then there is nothing to hold the crown and it will have to be pulled. After the root canal a next visit begins the prep for the crown. The dentist will usually grind down the tooth to prepare it for a pin or post. (grinding too much will cause the crown to fail as well) They drill a hole and cement it in. Then after some bite forms and color charting to match the crown is ordered and installed on the next visit over the ground down tooth.

My first root canal was completed and I was at college classes 3 hours later. BTW that crown is still in. To come clean on this, I am a white man and this dentist at the time was a young black man. (I was on my wife's plan and he was one of two dentists that you could use and I badly need an appointment so I went) I thought for sure he was going to stick it to me with the root canal and I was petrified. But I'll say this he was the best dentist I've ever been to. His office was in a restored brick 19th century building which even thrilled me more. The office was clean and spotless with two large salt water fish tanks to go. One thing though they would hound you about payment and insurance before you even said hello. He was slow but thorough and constantly asked me if I was feeling any pain during the procedure. HE did every procedure not an assistant.

In the end you could have the tooth pulled and a bridge or implant installed later. That will relieve the pain. Tell your dentist you want hydrocordone for pain as motrin will upset your stomach. At least you get 30 tabs and a little buzz with pain relief.

To Max,

Antibiotics have to used if any infection is suspected. Usually that is only a temporary fix as the pain will eventually return. I am taking my daughter to the college dentist in February for an implant consultation. It is half the price. Some people we know have said good things about it. I'm sure there is some bad as well but I investigate it thoroughly. Long story short she needs an implant from a pulled tooth when she was younger and had braces put on. (Braces cost a fortune as well) I will check into it for myself as well.

"One of the most important things to remember is that after the root canal, get that crown put in ASAP. If you let it go for a while and the dead tooth cracks, then there is nothing to hold the crown and it will have to be pulled."

Thats what I was looking for. Thanks Sicilian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 16:34 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: genco ()
Date: December 10, 2012 17:04

professional betting

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 10, 2012 17:32

I work in promotions for a television network.

That said, a co-worker just got a promo feed for E!'s PPV pre-show.

Not much in the spot but for what it's worth they will have "celebrity arrivals",
backstage interviews and such starting at 8 eastern.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:37

I just got back guys. They did the root canal, the tooth was savable. He said he will leave it open but sealed it with cotton and medicine. I have to go back day after tomorrow and he puts a temproarycrown on it, and then in January they finish it off, a 3 step procedure.

A stupid question where the answer is probably no, but is it ok to have vodka and mineral water cocktails, because after that ordeal I could really use a drink!

They only give out Ibuprofen here in Germany, its a lot different back home to where my dentist would give me hydrocodone and all the fun stuff. The Germans have a hang up about dispensing pain killers.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:45

TheBostonStrangler
I just got back guys. They did the root canal, the tooth was savable. He said he will leave it open but sealed it with cotton and medicine. I have to go back day after tomorrow and he puts a temproarycrown on it, and then in January they finish it off, a 3 step procedure.

A stupid question where the answer is probably no, but is it ok to have vodka and mineral water cocktails, because after that ordeal I could really use a drink!

They only give out Ibuprofen here in Germany, its a lot different back home to where my dentist would give me hydrocodone and all the fun stuff. The Germans have a hang up about dispensing pain killers.

I would wait a day because you have all that drainage in your stomach plus plenty of anesthesia in your system. It does sour your stomach but to each his own.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:48

Yes probably so, best to just try to eat. No mention of the implants, i should have just asked the guy point blank how much they really cost to do lol.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:57

Careful eating, once that wears off your gum may be sore and you don't want to aggravate it or get any particles under the temp immediately.

Date: December 10, 2012 20:09

Man, Iam just glad the 1st part is over. They were laughing at the vinegar burns in my mouth. The Germans have this hardcore vinegar concentrate I was using to kill the pai, I actually found out today people kill themselves by drinking it, it eats your throat out.My ex is a social worker and it is a common suicide here. Amazingly there is no warning whatsoever on the bottle LOL, go figure.

They gave me some medicine to rinse with due to what the vinegar did to my tongue and gums.

Hope this info helps out some other poor soul!

Posted by: sonyzzz ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:31

Graphic Designer
www.demaiographicsllc.com

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 29, 2013 00:31

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: January 29, 2013 00:39

Posted by: Des ()
Date: January 29, 2013 00:41

Ex Commercial pilot 12 ( years), ex Forestry Technician (26 Years), current Water Stewardship Officer

Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: January 29, 2013 00:49

Hansel
Hi,I'm curious.Just what are peoples occupations who frequent these boards?I work for a meter reading company as a meter reader in the eastern and northern suburbs of Melbourne?What do you do?

This thread reminds me of the time someone tossed a boot up to Mick on the stage and he mindlessly motion for more and nearly got him killed in the avalanche of shoes.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 29, 2013 02:07

tatters
A little of this. A little of that.

Are you as pleasantly surprised as I am when you see the things you wrote on here years ago?

Posted by: mikeeder ()
Date: January 29, 2013 13:37

Music historian and writer.Putting out a book on Elvis Presley this fall called Elvis Music FAQ. Haven't done anything professinal yet on the Stones, but most of the type of things I do (looking at every song in a career etc.) have been done on them.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: January 29, 2013 14:14

Send It To me
Liar

Lance, is that you?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 29, 2013 17:00

I just want it noted that Hansel hasn't posted in over 2 years.

There is also no sign of Gretel.

I'll now move this to the 'where is StonesTod' thread.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 29, 2013 18:23

treaclefingers
I just want it noted that Hansel hasn't posted in over 2 years.

There is also no sign of Gretel.

this is sounding very Grimm indeed...

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: January 29, 2013 19:20

clinical research...overseeing the monitoring of the US portion of a drug study...it's been crazy the last few months!!

Had an idea for an app and am working with a friend who is making my idea real......maybe we will both make some money off of it!

And the world keeps turning
And life goes on
The world keeps turning
May your heart stay strong.....

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1212
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home