Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ladies & Gentelmen....
Posted by: Alvaro ()
Date: March 17, 2006 10:10

Yesterday i was watching again this concert & i was so excited that in some songs i held my breath.....pure magic. Its incredible. I was with my girlfriend, shes not a stones fan (i mean, she likes streets of love, rain fall down, always suffering......) and she cant understand how i was wtching a show from 72, and holding his hand so hard, expecting for the guys not to f*ck up the songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean....i've seen it dozens of times but eacht time i re-discover why im absolutly mad about this people. If you dont feel something watching All down the line in that show....its perfect.
I also tried to explain that old interaction-duet of Mick-Keith on happy, dead flowers, etc....the smiles, the dialogues, the way they know exact what to do.....f*ck how they got fun that days.....but she didnt understand....

This little f*ing things (a concert in nowhere in 72) worths a life....

Un beso a todos.

Re: Ladies & Gentelmen....
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 17, 2006 10:46

I have worn my video copy down, and I keep waiting to see an announcement that they are going to remaster it and release this on DVD. I've been waiting for 20 years . . . . . Does anyone know? Who owns the rights to this, and why isn't it on the radar screen?

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 17, 2006 10:49

A remastered DVD already exists, aka Touring Party, vol 6. Perfect quality.

Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: March 17, 2006 10:55

Where can one get it?

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 17, 2006 11:38

I bought my copy on eBay. Just check out "DVD Ladies & Gentlemen The Rolling Stones" or "DVD Stones 1972" ... you'll certainly find it.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 17, 2006 11:39

Thommie, is that the Australian version in 5.1 Dolby sound? Best yet, right?

Date: March 17, 2006 11:47

No, I don't think it's Australian. I check the facts within a couple of hours (at work now).

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: March 17, 2006 12:00

Alvaro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was with my girlfriend, shes not a stones fan (i mean, she
> likes streets of love, rain fall down, always
> suffering......)

Hands down, that's spot on!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 17, 2006 12:08

I have not purchased a copy, but I've seen it. What I am waiting for is a true remaster (like they did with Gimme Shelter, or as has been done with the Beatles Hard Days' Night). But I want it mixed accurately for surround -- remember it was released that way in the theaters, so multi tracks exist. I would sit back in my living room, with my 5 B&W CDM 9NT's, and my 1000 watt Yamaha sub, cue up "Happy" . . . .

Date: March 17, 2006 12:38

I agree drbryant, I've been waiting too but I don't know....All that ABKCO cross over stuff seems to get touchy.When I bought the DVD of "Rock and Roll Circus" the first 2 notes to JJF are missing in DTS or Dolby Digital (but not on my Laser Disc) and I thought, Good Job ABKCO, glad to see nothing has changed...Sloppy as always....Gimme Shelter has that CRITERION COLLECTION handling it so you get top notch quality throughout (even though the swear words are still censored at Altamont with those guitar strums covering them up. Weren't there the first time I saw it in a theater but I think that dropped the rating down to a PG 13 from an R. I read somewhere the best boot copy NOW of Ladies and Gentlemen is an Australian copy that was found somewhere in pristine condition. It's suppose to have DD 5.1 sound cause of the surround sound on the original film.....Let's hope for Xmas, 2006

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 17, 2006 14:00

Where's the best place to get a really good copy?

Date: March 17, 2006 14:28

OK, here we go!
My DVD is a Bad Wizard Video Production. Widescreen. Also called Touring History, Vol Six.
It's NOT i 5.1 surround, juste stereo.

So if I got you think it's a 5.1 - I'm sorry.

Date: March 17, 2006 17:01

What I've seen , you first have to Yahoo (or google) "Live Rolling Stones DVD's" (or something like that - play around with the order of the words) and there's one guy selling the "Mick Taylor Package" Which is LaG, All the Stones Video's with Taylor, Some more live footage, etc. I can't remember the name of the site but you'll hit it sooner or later. There's a few selling tons of Stones DVD's Live Concerts, especially from the 89 tour on..... Someone also said you can find it on E bay...don't know anything about how good those are....

Posted by: gut ()
Date: March 17, 2006 17:12

Damn, I have got to get a copy of L & G.....I keep hoping for an official release or really good boot but that may be too much to ask for.

You'd think you could find a copy in Fort Worth, since it was the site of the film, but most people here look at me like I'm nuts when I talk about it....only one of the greatest concert films ever made.

Everytime I go see a hockey game at the Tarrant County Convention Center, I think of demanding that they put a historical marker plaque there with the concert set-list from '72. I really don't see how they even had that concert there or even filmed it, it is so small compared to other places...they could squeeze in 10,000 but that must have been uncomfortable.

Date: March 17, 2006 17:22

I don't think Boot DVD's / CD's are easy to find these days. I used to get my Vinyl and Video's in the Village in NY - everything was SO out in the open - but then I read the FBI started doing raids a few years ago so I don't know how things are now I figure the net's the best, maybe Ebay. Just make sure the guy talks about the quality in his sales pitch. I here this latest version of L and G is about 9.5 out of 10 (10 being Store Bought / official version. I gotta do it one day too) Wish they would just hire someone and put all this stuff out officially...what a pain....

Posted by: gut ()
Date: March 17, 2006 17:50

======I used to get my Vinyl and Video's in the Village in NY - everything was SO out in the open - but then I read the FBI started doing raids a few years ago so I don't know how things are now I figure the net's the best, maybe Ebay.====

I hope they never mess with anyone from this forum....but I really think they have much far more important things to go after than Stones fanatics. BV would shut any of that down if it threatened the site anyway.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: Alvaro ()
Date: March 17, 2006 18:11

Why hand's down Potted Shrimp?, LoL....i mean if you have a hot girlfriend like mine its too much asking she would like Rocks Off or WTWCD...jejeje anyway.....im not a huge fan of 50cent......Lol....

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: March 17, 2006 20:18

alvaro stop watching stones dvds while you're with your girl! belive me before it's too late...just kiddin that movie shock me too every time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-17 20:19 by farawayeyes2.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: March 17, 2006 21:18

or you could get it off of the torrent sites as well and burn your own copy

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: March 18, 2006 01:01

You can buy L&G on DVD here - [rsconcerts.com].

Beware, the "Video Format" is "NTSC", not "PAL":

Q. What means NTSC and PAL in the Video Format section for the DVDs?
A. NTSC and PAL are 2 different types of video formats. NTSC are playable in almost any american DVD players and PAL are playable in Europe DVD players. But that doesnt mean that if you live in america that you wont be able to play PAL DVDs. Some DVD players can play all kinds of DVD players. Please make sure your DVD player is capable of playing the DVd format of the DVD you'll buy.

How do I find out which Video Format my DVD player can handle?

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: March 18, 2006 01:15

someone explain why this is such a good film

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: March 18, 2006 01:18

Watch them play Happy, and you'll understand - it's the hottest piece of rock on screen I've ever seen.

Date: March 18, 2006 09:05

It's just the entire concert from beginning to end (there's not even one audience shot from the beginning of Brown Sugar - opening song - onward). The whole point of the film when it was shot was to try to replicate the concert experience as much as possible. It was even presented in "quad sound" (front and back speakers with a different, distinct track coming from each speaker in theaters) which actually makes it near perfect now with DTS/Dolby Digital 5.1 Home Theater sound.There's no sort of story line (such as "Gimme Shelter" building up to Altamont). It's actually like seeing a pay per view concert from 1972. The ONLY quirky thing is they played "Dead Flowers" instead off the usual "Rocks OFf" but that's it....

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 18, 2006 12:07

>> It's just the entire concert from beginning to end <<

well ... not really. it's a totally fantastic film, of course,
but the material is taken from four shows: two in fort worth, two in houston.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 18, 2006 12:40

MicksBrain Wrote:

The ONLY quirky thing is they played "Dead
> Flowers" instead off the usual "Rocks OFf" but
> that's it....

Well, it sometimes suffers from bad lightning, but maybe it will get better if they remaster it. Anyway, if the movie ever get officially released it would probably stand out for it's sound quality. Don't know of anything that could cause problems if the band wanted to release itsmiling smiley

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: March 18, 2006 13:08

S.T.P Wrote:
> Don't know of anything that could cause
> problems if the band wanted to release it

Two words why it will never be released: Allen Klein

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 18, 2006 14:56

Potted Shrimp Wrote:

> Two words why it will never be released: Allen
> Klein

I don't think Allen Klein has anything to do with the film. From what I heard the film was originally released in cinemas in '74 to sort of ease the pain from the fact that Allen stopped their release of the well known doubble live album. Allen had the rights to all the Decca songs and there was a clausul in the deal with Rolling Stones Records that the band couldn't release any song from the Decca period live untill 1976. Fortunately Klein forgot to mention releasing Decca songs live in film format...The Stones now own the rights to any song played live from their whole career.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 18, 2006 18:01

Ringo Wrote:
> Watch them play Happy, and you'll understand -
> it's the hottest piece of rock on screen I've ever
> seen.

I saw L & G dozens of times in the '70s, and after awhile I noticed there were some backing vocals at the end of "Happy" where no one was near a microphone!

All of the footage shot for this film was originally intended to be a part of the movie that Robert Frank was shooting during the tour (which eventually became @#$%& Blues) The crew that shot the John Lennon One To One concert in NYC was recommended by Yoko Ono, hence the credit she gets at the end.

They couldn't decide who should get credit as the director, so it was decided by a flip of a coin. A guy who wasn't there during filming (but helped determine the whole look and pace of the film during post-production) named Rollin Binzer won,

Years later I noticed his name on the back of an album by Blue Oyster Cult. He designed the cover.

This film was created as a total experience, and I hope that when the finally put the DVD out they include the 20 minutes or so of JUST SOUND of the crowd at the beginning before the concert starts.

This film is a wonderful document of the Stones at their peak. I remember Robert Hilburn (of the LA Times) complaining that it didn't have split-screens like the Woodstock movie!! He was crazy--you get completely drawn into this film...the editing is invisible, i.e. perfect. Great pace throughout.

Date: March 18, 2006 19:45

Good new (for me) details loog droog- interesting stuff.

So Does ANYBODY on IORR KNOW WHAT THE HOLD UP IS !?!? Someone's gotta know something...... Where's the effing DVD?.....

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: March 18, 2006 20:33

The holdup goes by the name of one Micheal Phillip Jagger.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1512
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home