Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: RADIO CITY
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: March 16, 2006 16:14

Debra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gazza, my man, I'll email you tonight! I want to
> see what you think of the sound. We were so
> impressed, as I said, that we thanked the sound
> board guys on our way out. I DO agree that they
> could have played 2 more songs, just for the HELL
> of it! I wanted to stay all night the vibe was so
> right! NO SWAY! BOO HOO! Oh well, YCAGWYW. More
> later.

right on Debra ..i just wish i could have been closer...we where up mezz....evrybody was rockin!!!

Posted by: adamdean ()
Date: March 16, 2006 16:40

This review says it all! In fac, it is so spot on that I'm not even going to write my own reveiw! Thanks Cardiff for getting it right the first time!

Review by Cardiff Giant

To see the Rolling Stones on the marquee of Radio City Music Hall.....an amazing sight. I walked the outside of the hall late in the afternoon and came upon the band entrance. Heavy security and just a handful of fans hoping for a glimpse of the Stones arrival. One by one, everyone pulled up to the side doors. Quick waves from each bandmember and then inside for soundcheck. I snapped a few photos and got out of the brisk winds to head down to Walter's near MSG for the pre-party.
Arriving back for the show with my buddy, we went inside..I was the only person pulled aside for a metal detector wanding....But I still got my camera in !!! My first event at Radio City....what a beautiful venue. The lobbies were packed, the open bar was a hit. We made our way up to the 3rd mezzanine for our seats dead center in the 5th row....great view....and very unique...being up above in the center...but still very close (relatively) to the stage. It allowed you to watch the band work...especially Charlie. A very roomy front stage extension out into the crowd....Would we have a b-stage set???...hmmmm.

B-52's did a very solid job. I was happy to see them perform....Roam was great. And of course, Love Shack and Rock Lobster. Before the Stones hit the stage, Robin Hood's chairman took the stage along with board member Harvey Weinstein to thank everyone for coming to the show.

Finally, the lights dimmed and, as I expected, the Stones massive video screen appeared on the back of the stage....the cosmic opening video and we blast into Jumping Jack Flash. Keith immediately strides right up to the front edge of the stage extension...A poweful opening. You could feel how special this night was. Sound was great...loud, clear with lots of guitars... It's Only Rock 'n Roll was again...loud, solid and high energy. The band was on point right from the get-go.

Mick introduced a song about New York....Shattered !!!! ...and they nailed it musically. Mick shortened up the verses...but Ronnie, Keith and especially Charlie and Darryl were ripping up the song....but it wasn't sloppy. A great tight rocker. Ronnie was on tonight. Oh No Not You Again--- tight and hot...similar to Fort Lauderdale the other night, but not as perfect....but still....a great version. Keith just lives inside this song and creates new riffs. Tumblin Dice...A heavy dose of high energy... the horns were soaring, Keith used the room...literally...He went stage left and just leaned on the wall as he played. An intimate venue for sure....It's officially a theatre show when you have a wall to lean against!!!!

And then...I got something I hoped for, but figured might be a longshot. Keyboard brought to the front of the stage.... Could it be????.... My first time....Worried About You !!! Oh how sweet! Mick takes a seat... and proceeds to hit us with the falsetto magic. And to have this song at this show....WOW!!!! Bay-beeeee! They hit a home run. And Mick went super low for "why you do that baby?" Ronnie's solo was slow, and measured and that made it work. Patience and feel. Way to go Ronnie. And the song just built and built...and built.... Just awesome. Mick was on fine form. What a performance.

And to go into Gimme Shelter, outta that?.....oh my. powerful playing all around. Lisa at the center with Keith...that playful flirting always something to see, just before Lisa belts the solo that makes the crowd erupt. And once again, Mick just gives it his all. He runs past a line...no big deal, he turns it into a little scat ad-lib and he and Lisa just go from there.

Now, with Shelter barely finished...I hear the low blues notes...and we're ready for Midnght Rambler?....are you joking? This show is now officially perfect in my book. I check my watch....this goes 11 minutes. I have now developed on this tour, an involuntary reaction....when those little notes start and Mick hits his first harp drag....I start yelling....I go crazy. Rambler kicks ass, any time, every time...period. Keith hit some fast licks in the middle that were totally on feel... Mick played harp and threw in plenty of "don't do thats" as he barely took his mouth off the harmonica. The long jam brought Mick's duck walk out...all across the front of the stage.... The crowd participation was great. 'Radio City say oww"... oww..... "Say oww.oww.oww...owww.owww...owww....oww-wwwwww"...and Charlie proceeds to blast the snare in Mick's vocal rhythm. snap-snap-snap-snap -snap-snap-snappppp...And when the "hit and run" lines came...Charlie broke his usual character of smooth, swinging stickman, and looked like a robot as he crashed his array of cymbals. Stiff armed swings and turns of his head and shoulders...One of the coolest things I've ever watched from C. Watts !!!! Rambler is always a huge highlight with me, like you can't already tell. !!!!

Band intros....and we get Keith front and center. "Hey New York City....back again. Nice room ya got here!!! " ...This Place is Empty was full of soul. The visual of Keith alone, up front...always gets me. Happy was ripping. Keith jumped around early on some lyrics...but who cares. The house was jamming on this one. He was the human riff. An arm flick to the right and a kick with the left leg..Go on Keith!! He ended the song all the way at the front extension...on his knees. And then headed to the back with that spinning, skipping bounce that just makes you smile.

Sure enough, we're getting a b-stage....Radio City-style. Charlie's drum kit slides forward and the band is playing the middle of the orchestra level. The screen is turned off...and the big curtains are lowered in the background. Here we go. You Got Me Rocking was nasty, Keith just didn't want to stop. No Chuck Leavell up front...he played keys from the main area. A bar band is rocking this joint.

Then the stool comes out for Keith....oh yeah, this is special. What song would it be??? ..Several possibilities. And we get... As Tears Go By. Amazing song to play on the b-stage. Smart too. The older crowd in the expensive seats can get into it. Mick's vocal....so much feeling. Charlie swings..and that has made this song so great on the tour. Keith and Ronnie on acoustic. This show continues to cement itself as an all-time classic. ...Another oldie....yeah, why not....Get Off of My Cloud !!!! Sure, we've been hearing it for many shows....but it's in this environment, in this setlist, that makes it so special. A perfect capper on the b-stage. The crowd went nuts for it. Those "seniors" down front couldn't help but dance and shout with the Stones.

Sympathy on the main stage...and the video screen fills with red and black. Crowd is fired up. Keith with big, blaring notes. And as the jam builds, Mick and Keith start "the Climb".... two stairwells on either wing of the theatre, leading up towards the mezzanines. Mick goes up one...Keith up the other....and Keith keeps going....and going...and going... and stays there for a good while !!!! This is just too much. I was soaking in this kinda stuff all night. A stuffy boring show for charity??....yeah, right! How 'bout a night for the ages. It ain't just setlists and solos...It's the whole package. And this proves it. Once Mick and Keith were back at "sea level"...the song exploded. Mick rushed the front edge so fast and with so much aggression He was pouring himself to the crowd...and I can't believe how so many in the front were not going crazy...I think many of the VIPs in the big money seats were in plain shock and amazement at the performances they were getting. The Stones had kicked it into ultra-overdrive. Get out of our way....we're here to kick some ass.

Honky Tonk continued the bash. Keith getting into it. The crowd loving it. "divorcee in New York City" get big cheers. Tennis great John McEnroe shown on the screen jamming out.

Start Me Up featured plenty of energy..It's so much better as a stretch run selection in the setlist. Ronnie was, again, solid on the solo. Brown Sugar capped off the main set with Bobby Keys' signature sax blast and plenty of rock and groove.

The encore brought the house up even higher...You Can't Always Get What You Want was connection for everyone..band, crowd...the whole place. Ronnie nailed his solo...again. Mick's singalong was full of soul and rhythm "You Can't always get what you want!! ....yeah, yeah....yeaaahhh! ... you can't always get"....etc.. Mick did a lot of hand slapping in the front row. No barricade. Two fans held on to Mick for a long time...I'm sure he was freaked a bit, while trying to keep the song going.

Satisfaction had Keith enticing the crowd before cranking out that famous open. Mick worked the whole stage. Ronnie went to these three kids in the front, and was motioning them to strum his guitar as he crouched near them....They didn't understand and just slapped his hand. Oh well. Keith was all smiles. The song was so exuberant.... ending a great US tour. The confetti blast covered the whole front stage extenstion and even rained down on Mick and Ronnie. What a visual spectacle. Mick just stood there in control, his final pose, as the confetti hung over him. Charlie handed one stick to Ronnie who hand delivered it to one of the kids up front. Ronnie then flicked numerous picks into the crowd and blew kisses. The final bow, and Mick and Keith were the last to leave, on either side of the stage. Keith went to the front and hand delivered picks to two lucky fans, before walking out the back.

An amazing night....you'd be hard pressed to see a better 19 song set. Some gems...Some great combos...(Worried, Shelter and Rambler...all in a row.) A b-stage that was so perfect. Not to mention Shattered and all the rest. And that climb by Mick and Keith. So many great memories at Radio City. Sound was fantastic, musicianship was top notch...Energy of the crowd was much higher than I expected. I think only the Stones could do that in a benefit show of this type. And our little gifts are great...event t-shirt, poster and Robin Hood program. Just a perfect night and a perfect conclusion to this part of the tour.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 16, 2006 17:25

adamdean Wrote:
> This review says it all! In fac, it is so spot on
> that I'm not even going to write my own reveiw!
>

just as well, considering its the 2nd time in this thread youve copied and pasted THIS review in 24 hours...!! smiling smiley

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 16, 2006 17:40

I'm expecting Cardiff's review will ultimately be grafted onto each and every thread that contains any reference to new york city....

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 16, 2006 21:14

nikkibong Wrote:
> They should start both opening and closing their
> shows with JJF. What if somebody was late and
> missed it? Poor VIPs . . .

i actually would've supported this idea because i did miss it opening radio city...in line for the bathroom and drinks....they were cranking the stereo in the hall so you couldn't tell they had started - so i only saw 18 songs!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 16, 2006 21:18

Read the reviews. Then you will understand it was a fantastic show. Then some people can still say it was a boring show. From doing a mathematical calculation based on set lists or whatever. Really funny!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 16, 2006 21:33

bv Wrote:
> Read the reviews. Then you will understand it was
> a fantastic show. Then some people can still say
> it was a boring show. From doing a mathematical
> calculation based on set lists or whatever. Really
> funny!
>
> Bjornulf

amen; there's a cool review post in rocksoff that talks all about the groove;
that they were in 'that groove'...all of 'em...keith charlie and darryl standing in a tight circle in front of charlie for most of rambler and the groove, the groove...and so on it goes...

and even warhorses were revelatory to him...

as u infer...never mind the particular setlist
(tho i love the related threads with criticism and suggestions and hopes);

if they get that groove on; relax a bit and then heat it on up oh well there's nothing better in life practically.
unless it's something else you can do while you're listening to the stones...
hmmmm.

can't wait to hear a slice of some of this...
i bet all that energy came right back at them and kept on building...
5-6000 seaters are such a cool and intimate way to go about this kinda thing...
bet they could see a lot of faces and smell, literally feel the crowd.

not a criticism of their bigass mega friggin' down payment on your house ticketed price tours; or maybe so...but

on with the spectacle; what a grace note to leave the states with...ty for a great tour that had raves from the nywhoretimes to every little and big place across the continent...the super bowl...rough justice on ya...
all in black and ohso live and rockin'...
i think we gave 'em a lot of love...get ready.

Date: March 17, 2006 00:30

mr edward Wrote:
> Damn, I wish I could log in on Dad. Could someone
> seed it on the Rocks Off Bittorrent Tracker for
> those of us who can't get in?

here you go -
[rollingstones.kicks-ass.org]

note - this version doesnt include the B-52's set, which IS included in the torrent available on Dimeadozen

Enjoy - and dont forget to keep seeding after downloading to help others

Date: March 17, 2006 00:49

set list was fine... a matter of fact i wish that they would play .."as tears go bye " twice......'sympathy' too and "gimme shelter" one more time etc....etc...etc....

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 17, 2006 00:55

bv Wrote:
> Read the reviews. Then you will understand it was
> a fantastic show. Then some people can still say
> it was a boring show. From doing a mathematical
> calculation based on set lists or whatever. Really
> funny!
>
> Bjornulf

I find it amazing that you still don't understand what we mean when we say the setlist was boring. Not one person on this thread said the show was boring. We said the setlist was boring. That doesn't mean the performance was bad, it simply means the selection of songs lacked imagination and offered up nothing but the same old thing. Even if the performance was the best by any band ever in the history of the planet, that has nothing to do with whether the selection of songs was uninspiring or not. Which in this case, it was.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 17, 2006 01:01

I think in Norwegian, the words "setlist" and "show" must be synonyms, onnya. That would explain it.

Date: March 17, 2006 01:01

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
> bv Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Read the reviews. Then you will understand it
> was
> > a fantastic show. Then some people can still
> say
> > it was a boring show. From doing a
> mathematical
> > calculation based on set lists or whatever.
> Really
> > funny!
> >
> > Bjornulf
>
> I find it amazing that you still don't understand
> what we mean when we say the setlist was boring.
> Not one person on this thread said the show was
> boring. We said the setlist was boring. That
> doesn't mean the performance was bad, it simply
> means the selection of songs lacked imagination
> and offered up nothing but the same old thing.
> Even if the performance was the best by any band
> ever in the history of the planet, that has
> nothing to do with whether the selection of songs
> was uninspiring or not. Which in this case, it
> was.
>
i was not bored?? my date was not bored???.......what was boring??? why was it so boring??? what makes it so boring???

Date: March 17, 2006 01:06

tat2you Wrote:
> ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
> -----
> > bv Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Read the reviews. Then you will
> understand it
> > was
> > > a fantastic show. Then some people can
> still
> > say
> > > it was a boring show. From doing a
> > mathematical
> > > calculation based on set lists or
> whatever.
> > Really
> > > funny!
> > >
> > > Bjornulf
> >
> > I find it amazing that you still don't
> understand
> > what we mean when we say the setlist was
> boring.
> > Not one person on this thread said the show
> was
> > boring. We said the setlist was boring. That
> > doesn't mean the performance was bad, it
> simply
> > means the selection of songs lacked
> imagination
> > and offered up nothing but the same old
> thing.
> > Even if the performance was the best by any
> band
> > ever in the history of the planet, that has
> > nothing to do with whether the selection of
> songs
> > was uninspiring or not. Which in this case,
> it
> > was.
> >
> i was not bored?? my date was not
> bored???.......what was boring??? why was it
> so boring??? what makes it so boring???

Let me attempt to explain. Like most people, I don't consider Tumbling Dice to be a boring song. I like it, and I've liked seeing it live all seven times I've seen them perform it. But the next time I see them, I hope they play something I've never heard them do live instead. Not because Tumbling Dice is boring, but because I've already seen them do it multiple times. It is the safe and predictable song selection that is boring, not the song or the performance itself.

Date: March 17, 2006 01:50

let me explain this....i would love to hear "loving Cup", Salt of the Earth", Etc....Etc...But what can you do?????
i like the fact that the stones have a beat! i love it when they jam....i would like to hear CYHMK........but i will take MRambler
i guess i have been to plenty of shows ...if i can get a few ' As Bill German would say "Chesnuts",thats cool, all the better......"as Tears go bye" very cool...ya know

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 17, 2006 01:56

Gazza Wrote:
> mr edward Wrote:
> -----
> > Damn, I wish I could log in on Dad. Could
> someone
> > seed it on the Rocks Off Bittorrent Tracker
> for
> > those of us who can't get in?
>
>
>
> here you go -
>
>
> note - this version doesnt include the B-52's set,
> which IS included in the torrent available on
> Dimeadozen
>
> Enjoy - and dont forget to keep seeding after
> downloading to help others

so ignorant i'm afraid to ask; don't know about 'seeding' or downloading off hte bittorrent thing...i went to the rocksoff site as suggested...clicked on the rcmh show, feed...whatever... tried to upload it...zip...it said done in a second...but WMP on my xp pro wouldn't play it or store it...could not get it downloaded...is there some simple way into understanding this...dying to hear the show...ty

Date: March 17, 2006 02:01

Beelyboy Wrote:
>
> so ignorant i'm afraid to ask; don't know about
> 'seeding' or downloading off hte bittorrent
> thing...i went to the rocksoff site as
> suggested...clicked on the rcmh show,
> feed...whatever... tried to upload it...zip...it
> said done in a second...but WMP on my xp pro
> wouldn't play it or store it...could not get it
> downloaded...is there some simple way into
> understanding this...dying to hear the
> show...ty
>

Everything you need to know is at [www.bittorrent.com]

The short version is, you need to download and install the bit torrent client before you can download any torrents.

Posted by: adamdean ()
Date: March 17, 2006 02:42

bv Wrote:
> So many experts complaining about everything. If
> you go to a restaurant do you check out the meny
> and say "shit, same meny as last night and only 4
> main courses it is stinking?"? A show is not about
> quanity or rarity or exclusivity but about
> entertaining the people in the house. And from
> what I see in the reviews that show at Radio City
> Music Hall was absolutely fantastic for everybody
> who were there. And talking about number of
> songs... Would you really replace the 11 minutes
> version of Midnight Rambler with two 5 minutes
> standards?
>
> Bjornulf

Thanks BV for being a sensible voice here. It was AN AMAZING show! No song was boring, no song was out of place in the setlist, fabulous B-Stage set, great crowd and a once-in-a-lifetime evening!!

Date: March 17, 2006 04:13

Beelyboy Wrote:
> Gazza Wrote:
> -----
> > mr edward Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Damn, I wish I could log in on Dad.
> Could
> > someone
> > > seed it on the Rocks Off Bittorrent
> Tracker
> > for
> > > those of us who can't get in?
> >
> >
> >
> > here you go -
> >
> >
> > note - this version doesnt include the B-52's
> set,
> > which IS included in the torrent available
> on
> > Dimeadozen
> >
> > Enjoy - and dont forget to keep seeding
> after
> > downloading to help others
>
>
> so ignorant i'm afraid to ask; don't know about
> 'seeding' or downloading off hte bittorrent
> thing...i went to the rocksoff site as
> suggested...clicked on the rcmh show,
> feed...whatever... tried to upload it...zip...it
> said done in a second...but WMP on my xp pro
> wouldn't play it or store it...could not get it
> downloaded...is there some simple way into
> understanding this...dying to hear the
> show...ty
>

Please dont be afraid to ask. Its good that more people get into this way of acquiring shows and sharing them with each other.

You dont download it on WMP...you need a Bit torrent client to do so, such as Bit Tornado or Azereus, etc.

It'll take a few hours to download it with a broadband connection. You'll get a message in the window when downloading it which tells you (roughly) how long it should take...when you complete downloading it, keep the 'window' open so others can download from you (its good netiquette to share instead of just closing and running off). Even though youre doing that, you can still listen to the show and you can also burn it to CDR if you want to

Theres also a Bit Torrent FAQ on the Rocks Off message board which should be of some use.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 17, 2006 12:08

I'm glad someone seeded it on Rocks Off. Whoever it was (maybe someone from here), a big thank you!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 17, 2006 13:11

Thankyou, i'll download it over the weekend

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 17, 2006 13:35

It's easy to see that there are two fractions:

There are some that would still be happy if the Stones perform a greatest hits setlist in an intimiate setting like a club show or even a pub show -

- and then there are those who believe that after all these years of their career which generated such a rich catalog of great songs unsurpassed by any other artist they should be more adventurous concerning their choice of songs - instead of repeating the same old thing again and again.

I belong to the second fraction, but I am pragmatic enough to see that they will continue this greatest hits thing until the very end of their career as a performing band - a few (very few) surprises here and there (like As Tears Go By or Sway) notwithstanding. And they do this for only too obvious reasons - it's safe, and it leads to economically satisfying results.

Whether their approach also leads to artistically satisfying results is a totally different thing and subject for discussion.

And this discussion goes beyond the question whether they nailed Jumping Jack Flash, IORR or Satisfaction last nite or not.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-17 13:42 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 17, 2006 13:46

Agree 100%

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: March 17, 2006 15:33

unsurpassed by any other artist

dont make me laugh !

midnight rambler has long since been getting on my nerves.....oh yeah !

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 17, 2006 15:36

Billy.... you are on the right site?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 17, 2006 16:07

billy318124 Wrote:
> unsurpassed by any other artist
>
> dont make me laugh !
>
>
> midnight rambler has long since been getting on my
> nerves.....oh yeah !

billy, I'm not talking about certain songs, I'm talking about the richness of their song catalog in general. Beatles fans would argue that they have more truly great songs than the Stones, and Dylan fans would probably argue that Dylan has more truly great songs, but ... I am a Stones fan, and I am simply too lazy to count all truly great Stones songs that could pop up in the set list at any given show and would not bewilder even casual fans.

Midnight Rambler is in my personal Stones top five since the early seventies and I love it every time they play it, but I would not mind if they choose to play Can't You Hear Me Knocking or bluesy stuff like Parachute Woman, Black Limousine or the like instead at certain gigs. Hell, I like IORR but would not mind to hear Around And Around, Carol or any other Berry rocker or Berry-influenced rockers like @#$%& every now and then. Those rockers would tear the roof no lesser than IORR. Know what I mean?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-17 16:11 by retired_dog.

Date: March 17, 2006 18:15

retired_dog Wrote:
> It's easy to see that there are two fractions:
>
> There are some that would still be happy if the
> Stones perform a greatest hits setlist in an
> intimiate setting like a club show or even a pub
> show -
>
> - and then there are those who believe that after
> all these years of their career which generated
> such a rich catalog of great songs unsurpassed by
> any other artist they should be more adventurous
> concerning their choice of songs - instead of
> repeating the same old thing again and again.
>
> I belong to the second fraction, but I am
> pragmatic enough to see that they will continue
> this greatest hits thing until the very end of
> their career as a performing band - a few (very
> few) surprises here and there (like As Tears Go By
> or Sway) notwithstanding. And they do this for
> only too obvious reasons - it's safe, and it leads
> to economically satisfying results.
>
> Whether their approach also leads to artistically
> satisfying results is a totally different thing
> and subject for discussion.
>
> And this discussion goes beyond the question
> whether they nailed Jumping Jack Flash, IORR or
> Satisfaction last nite or not.
>

agree with pretty much all of that, although you cant convince some people that you actually can still like this band if you dare favour option #2 and want them to evolve and keep getting better.

The only thing we'd disagree on is the acceptance of the "it's safe, and it leads
to economically satisfying results" logic.

To me, the Stones - as is the case with other 'veteran' acts who have long ago made their fortune - should be long past the stage where thats the most important motivation

Date: March 17, 2006 18:19

Gazza Wrote:
>
> The only thing we'd disagree on is the acceptance
> of the "it's safe, and it leads
> to economically satisfying results" logic.
>
> To me, the Stones - as is the case with other
> 'veteran' acts who have long ago made their
> fortune - should be long past the stage where
> thats the most important motivation

Also, I don't think they'd lose much if any money if they threw a few more rarities into their setlist. What, suddenly because they only play Sympathy and Miss You every other show intead of every show, the crowds are going to drop from 20,000 per night to 10,000 per night? I sincerely doubt it.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 17, 2006 18:24

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:

> Also, I don't think they'd lose much if any money
> if they threw a few more rarities into their
> setlist. What, suddenly because they only play
> Sympathy and Miss You every other show intead of
> every show, the crowds are going to drop from
> 20,000 per night to 10,000 per night? I sincerely
> doubt it.

then the answer must be, it just boils down to laziness

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 17, 2006 20:04

Their same greatest hits set has scared off many of my friends from ever seeing them again. They don't want to pay all that money to see them play virtually the same show again and again.

Funny that As Tears Go By is on one of their best known greatest hits albums (Hot Rocks) but is considered a rarity.

Date: March 17, 2006 20:18

Hound Dog Wrote:
> Their same greatest hits set has scared off many
> of my friends from ever seeing them again. They
> don't want to pay all that money to see them play
> virtually the same show again and again.
>

I've had the same experience. So it could be argued that by playing a greater variety of songs, they would play to more people, not less.

> Funny that As Tears Go By is on one of their best
> known greatest hits albums (Hot Rocks) but is
> considered a rarity.
>

Good point. And there are plenty of other well-known songs that fall into the same category.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-18 18:28 by ohnonotyouagain.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home