Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones' 'old friends' - Hells Angels - in cartoon controversy
Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: March 13, 2006 23:45

I'm sorry, but this just makes me laugh:

Hells Angels sue Disney over cartoon controversy
13/03/2006 12:00:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(KP International) - The infamous Hells Angels Motorcycle Corporation's founding branch in California is suing Walt Disney Co, claiming the club's trademark name and logo are being used in a film without their permission.

The motorcycle club filed suit with the US District Court in California last Wednesday (March 8) for infringement of the group's trademark in the production of the upcoming film 'Wild Hogs,' currently in production.

The Angels say they were never given a script for the film to approve the use of their name and insignias a skull wearing a helmet with horns and feathers. The group also claims that the studio repeatedly used its name and logo in publicity material for the film.

Disney spokesperson David Caouette said that the Hells Angels claims are without merit.

'Wild Hogs' is about a group of middle-aged biker wannabes who stumble across a chapter of the real Hells Angels. Set to star in the movie are 'Be Cool' star John Travolta, 'Home Improvement' star Tim Allen and Martin Lawrence.

As always, your thoughts?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 926
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home