Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Good bye Kirby. . . .
Posted by: theboys ()
Date: March 13, 2006 03:52

I know this is Stones-only type stuff (but we let a few social things slip thru?) so ya all can just let this thread slip on by. . .and vanish. . .whatever.

Being a Minnesotan, 'theboys' and family are watching a memorial service to Kirby Puckett, who helped us win World Series in 87 & 91. . . . .what a great guy from all accounts.

Couldn't help but post this after hearing and reading about Barry Bonds. . . .

What's the opposite of BB? Kirby Pucket, a cool cat and helluva ball player.

Sorry bv or whoever polices this chat line, I know, I know. . . .

Let the thread slip on thru, but we wanted to give a great guy a nod. . .

Bye Kirby Puckett. . . .

You got to roll me. . . .

Re: Good bye Kirby. . . .
Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: March 13, 2006 04:08

Great player. Not a Twins fan but who could forget Kirby in Game 6 of the '91
World Series--makes a great catch then hits the game winning home run--after he said he was going to "carry the team on his back". That is the stuff that legends are made of.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: March 13, 2006 04:09

here's the best article i've read about the man:

[www.slate.com]

Posted by: theboys ()
Date: March 13, 2006 05:02

One last note on Kirby - wish you all could have seen the memorial - big snow storm tonight in Minnesota but lots of people turned out - Cal Ripken was there, etc. The who's who of baseball, but mostly locally fans just poured out, Kirby was a guy who could have easily gone for the 'money' elsewhere, but stayed true to the fans - anyone who met him felt like 'they mattered'. . .wow, we need more like that. Whether it's sports or music or Hollywood. . .need to hold some of these genuine people up.

bye kirby. . .(before the police get us, let this thread slip on by, couldn't resist??)

You got to roll me. . . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home