Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Photography advice: Digital camera or camcorder? (OT)
Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: March 12, 2006 21:55

I'm debating whether to get a digital camera or a digital dvd camcorder. What would you suggest?

Re: Photography advice: Digital camera or camcorder? (OT)
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 12, 2006 22:01

Digital camera!! Digital DVD camcorders sound like crap to me. You can just erase a digital camera.. writing directly to a DVD sounds bad to me..

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: March 12, 2006 22:06

dun no about dvd cam , but this dig. cam . i got is like the 9th wonder of the world , lil bigger than deck of cards with video & sound

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 12, 2006 22:07

And with most digital camera's you can take pictures too.

Date: March 12, 2006 22:07

what kind do you have, Chippy?

With camcorders, can't we still erase and re-record?

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: March 12, 2006 22:08

Get a dig camera. They are easier to smuggle into shows.

Date: March 12, 2006 22:12

How is the quality of video/audio on the camera? I guess it wouldn't be as good as with a Camcorder.... I also heard that with camcorders you can gets pix from there too?
My brother got his camera taken from security at the stones gig this year. He was wrapped up in the moment and focussing on the amazing shot he was about to take of the stones a few feet away, so he didn't notice security saw him. They kept it for the rest of the show, and what's more they threw his entire film in the trash, and yanked it out so that it was destroyed. We were so mad. At least he had taken a roll of great shots already. Has anyone had horror stories about their digital camera at shows?

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: March 12, 2006 22:16

sony DSC-W1 , id advise get the 1 thats made in Japan instead of China , 4 this model the Japan make is 350.00 , the China make is 149.00 , u can tel make by sticker on bottom of cam ,

Date: March 13, 2006 00:22

Digital cameras are the only option for good still photos. Camcorders are only at their best for movie footage. So it would depend on what you would like to use them for. Be like me and have both!!

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: March 13, 2006 01:02

How are you thinking of smuggling the camera inside??

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: March 13, 2006 01:55

Yes, this I want to hear!! I have a Nikon digital but always bring my 35mm Olympus and because of the flash I get hassled, ALOT but when I get in a position where I can shoot freely, the results are great. I want to hear how other fans get their cameras in.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 13, 2006 06:33

The funny thing about cameras and camcorders is when you compare optical zoom ranges. Most cameras have an optical zoom in the range of 4 to 8 and 10 to 12 on high end. But camcorders have zooms into the 20x's. If it is inexpensive on a camcorder why is it so expensive on a camera? And why do they only improve it by small amounts each year. Of course the megapixel game is on as well.

This is how they justify the prices of non point and shoot cameras. Optical zooms under 10 are useless at a distance.

Date: March 13, 2006 21:17

Debra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want to hear how other fans get their
> cameras in.

Between my breasts.

I was thinking I might just use a disposable for concerts, so as not to worry about them confiscating the memory card in a digital camera. And maybe just get a video camera for general use, the rehearsals etc. Still debating.

How is the audio/video on a digital camera, and can you get still photos using a camcorder? I wish I could afford both, maybe later.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1614
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home