Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: 20 songs are a ripp off!!! stones need to be like macca!!
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 12, 2006 23:28

learn to spell.

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: March 12, 2006 23:30

shearer then go to a stones concert with an mp3 player and listen to beast of and your song wishes during their show.just watch the show. so you can get what you want.

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: March 12, 2006 23:47

GET OFF tHIS BOARD YOU LITTLE TWAT.

S'IL VOUS PLAIT!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-12 23:51 by uz2bstoned.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 12, 2006 23:55

Saw the Stones at the Forum last week. It was the best show I have ever seen (and I saw the Stones in 73). I'm a Macca fan, have seen him over 20 times, including 5 times on the most recent tour. Macca's tours are nicely packaged, audience friendly shows, with every detail, including moving solo acoustic sets and in-between-song stories worked out in advance. I take clients and they all enjoy it. The Stones on the other hand, are unpredictable, sometimes ragged, always loud -- there are no long between-song "chats" and at most one ballad. I don't take clients, only family and friends, and frankly, because I want to get up and rock, and there is just no comparison. McCartney's show is a well-oiled machine. The Stones are the greatest live rock and roll band in history.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 13, 2006 00:00

shearer9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> billy jean is credited to jackson/jones for your
> info.

No it's not.. I've checked my copy of Thriller..

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 13, 2006 00:01

Paul McCartney deserves respect, no doubt about that.
Too bad, that Ferrante doesn't make good McCartney-publicity.
It makes you wanting to avoid Paul, after reading these pointless, horrible YELLING.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 13, 2006 15:21

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-08 02:53 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: March 13, 2006 16:40

All of us should be fortunate that we are seeing them live now as opposed to the mid 60's. As their set length was then and said Keith a few years ago, the ideal ROCK show would last 20-30 minutes before the audience would go crazy and stop the show.

McCartney's shows are ho hum. Sure he plays a long time, like Elton John, but do you get that excited? Is there even an opportunity to break a sweat jammin/slammin/dancin' on the floor or in the aisle? I've been to all three and the ONLY artist/band of these three classics that can create that kind of energy in the audience is the Stones. As great as the music is for McCartney and Elton, I would much rather stay at home and listen to the cd and save a buttload of cash. Their songs RARELY change from the studio version anyway, whereas the Stones have in the past and currently when performing Back of My Hand, and even many of their warhorses have slightly or even significantly different arrangements from the studio version. That is ANOTHER reason why you go see the Stones. Most of all, the Stones can and do what neither McCartney nor Elton can or will do, and that is JAM! Keith will go off and take some of the warhorses like JJF and Satisfaction to new levels and sometimes long lengths and that doesn't include the eleven or twelve minute blues fest known to us as one of the greatest live songs ever, Midnight Rambler.

I agree it would be nice if the Stones played maybe 25 songs, but they play many more shows and in many more cities than the other two on their most recent tour.

Lastly, what is the fascination with Beast of Burden? It's ok, but they have a truck full of tunes better than that one. Personally, I'll take almost any other tune from Some Girls instead of Beast of Burden. Give me Shattered!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 13, 2006 16:45

Nice site, for ya, Ferrante. Check it out, educate them, while playing Beast Of Burden really loud on the stereo, immediately followed by When I'm 64...

The site: [paulmccartneysucks.blogspot.com]

Have fun!

Posted by: Keefacaster ()
Date: March 13, 2006 16:49

ahhaha

dont even bother with aruging with this @#$%&. hes a complete doushe bag and should be eather baned from this forum or shot in the head

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 13, 2006 17:09

Is Ferrante Paul or Yoko in real life?

I going to get me a steak just to make Ferrante (Paul) mad!

Posted by: magenta ()
Date: March 13, 2006 17:19

I would take 20 Stones over 36 Macca songs anyday, although Macca is one of the best rock and roll singers ever and a hell of a bass player, too. But if you want to see the girls dance in their stilettos, IT IS THE STONES BABY. The Fabulous Forum rocked like the Whisky A Go Go last Monday. The best Stones show ever in Boss Angeles, I have seen plenty. Maybe number two on my all time best shows. Number one goes to that little purple guy from Minnesota at the Kodak theater 2002. That being said, there ain't no party like a Rolling Stones party.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: March 13, 2006 17:22

I don't know anything about Macca or his music- I admit that.

I do know that he came to Canada a couple of weeks ago to make a big fuss about the seal hunt. He probably spent $100,000 to fly up here in a fancy plane and expedition suit to tell a bunch of natives that they should abandon the only way they can make a living so that Macca could have a good photo op.

He was practically run out of Canada and every newspaper wrote an editorial on a what a foolish out of touch, hypocrite he is. The fact is he probably spends more on jet fuel in a year than a whole inuit village earns hunting seals.

What a loser.........

(in my respectful opinion)

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: March 13, 2006 17:25

Plus...half an hour of the 3 hours was Macca's home movies. So now he's down to 2-1/2 hours, and like someone posted...his songs last 2 minutes.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: March 13, 2006 17:47

I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than sit through 36 Macca songs. I'd rather listen to 2 Stones songs instead of his 36.

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: March 13, 2006 18:23

ha by the way i belive shearer has left the forum

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 13, 2006 22:26

Unfortunately, he has never had sex.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 13, 2006 22:35

Or a penis. I was going to say a pair of testicles, but decided he must have a huge set to post the crap he puts on here.

Date: March 13, 2006 22:41

Actually, Ferrante is not that bad. He's a pretty cool guy if you think about it. You have to be very smart, like me, though.

Date: March 13, 2006 22:51

Reptile Wrote:
Actually, Ferrante is not that bad. He's a pretty cool guy if you think about it. You have to be very smart, like me, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-08 22:05 by CindyC.

Date: March 13, 2006 22:55

Very funny. Let's count yours too. It'll be hard since they go all the way up your back.

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: March 13, 2006 22:56

This is because the Stones play a whole lot of more concerts through a whole lot of more countries.

I bet Macca does playback most of the time.

Date: March 13, 2006 23:00

Reptile Wrote:
Very funny. Let's count yours too. It'll be hard since they go all the way up your back.

Yeah, they don't call me "Cindy Skunkback" for nothing.

Date: March 13, 2006 23:00

Come on, pubes are sooo 1970.

20 songs are NOT a ripp off!!!
Posted by: stevej0531 ()
Date: March 13, 2006 23:34

I cannot believe that length of show is an issue, remember on the 72-73 tour they only played for 70-80 minutes. Even the 78 tour was short compared to this tour. We've all been spoilt by 2.5 hour shows, the boys do more in 2 hours than most 'performers' could do in 6 hours.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: March 13, 2006 23:46

Micheal Jackson and PUBES all in one thread.

Posted by: jfmiii21 ()
Date: March 13, 2006 23:47

I've seen Macca, and while it was a good show, it wasn't a concert it was a performance. I might as well have seen Rent, because that play has been rehearsed as many times as Macca's set. He plays the same songs every time. Most of his back up band does the playing, and he just sits there.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: March 13, 2006 23:52

The Stones, Paul, recent versions of The Who and Page/Plant were ALL F...ing great and having been too young to see them in the 60s and 70s, I felt fortunate each time I saw them.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 13, 2006 23:52

I got nothing against Paul McCartney, but every few weeks a Massage about the lenght of the concert and the songs they play.

Man !!!! get lost.

Maybe we all shouldn't react on peolple who use capitols in their post.

Date: March 13, 2006 23:53

Don't tell me you don't enjoy Ferrante's posts.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home