Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

On Stage Seats Suck!
Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: March 12, 2006 13:25

I don't wanna see the show from there

Re: On Stage Seats Suck!
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 12, 2006 13:56

Looks kind of cool. If you're gonna see more than 1 show you might try this once.

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: March 12, 2006 14:06

I cannot afford more than 1 show.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: March 12, 2006 14:14

The lower level was clearly better than the upper level. It doesn't matter since they will not be using On Stage seating any more and will use the cheaper stage for the cheaper tickets outside the US. You get what you pay for.

Posted by: sater ()
Date: March 12, 2006 15:14

Aucoin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't wanna see the show from there
>
>

Great videos on this site!!!!Salt of the earth with GN'R,Not fade away from stockholm 95..

Posted by: forestones ()
Date: March 12, 2006 16:47

It's all a matter of perception. I've seen so many concerts from the traditional front of stage seats, this view for one show is great. I was on the lower level for Durham and loved it. Might not be for everyone, but I felt like I was a part of the show.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 12, 2006 17:41

This really sucks, there is only one place to be, and that's in front.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 12, 2006 21:24

On Stage Seats Suck!

I can well believe the upper level does, but how about the lower level ? Anyone got any decent States experience of onstage LOWERS ? Worth it, or not ?

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: March 12, 2006 21:38

i was lower level king of cools side ,box thats by the speakers ,opposite side of this pic ,sound was very good there, i loved it, esp c in the crowd the way the stones do, all the flashin tongues blinkin & the way the stage lights spray around the stadium, super cool , but if i was goin 2 only 1 show , front row near keith , woo hooo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-12 22:47 by chippy.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 13, 2006 00:00

Where was that video taken? The stage looks very high. Can you see Ronnie and Keith from the front row? I assume that Charlie would be impossible to see.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 13, 2006 00:28

Looks no better than the behind the stage, high up seats that they sold on the No Security for $40 - in order to fill space and by deliberately making them the cheapest ticket in the house

Effectively, theyre not "on stage" but "behind stage" or "over stage". However, the genius of marketing is that if you call something "on stage" and charge people $250 for it, you'll get enough of them buying it because with that name and that price, they'll think they're getting something special and will probably think they'll be high-fiving Keith between songs or something. A bit different when in reality they cant see the whole stage, and cant even watch the b-stage part of the show.

Just goes to show that if you re-name "shite" as "chocolate", people will buy it but that it doesnt make it taste any better...

Posted by: gibb76 ()
Date: March 13, 2006 00:37

Gazza thanks for making me feel bad. I am a sales man and was fooled by this. I never thought of it that way. I did the "On Stage" seats for Hartford. It was good, but I lost all of the effect of the stage lighting and all. It was good and I was glad that I did it 1 time and I would never do it again.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 13, 2006 00:41

If it was the Voodoo Lounge tour, wouldn't everybody with these tickets be fried up by the cobra?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 13, 2006 00:42

True Gazza....but wouldn't the confectionary shop stink? .....Phew!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 13, 2006 00:58

the concept was a great one, but the implementation sucked. "onstage" seats should have been one level lower, so that the lower level was even with the stage. That would have been worth more than $250, the "cheaper" seats could have been above.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: March 13, 2006 01:02

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> If it was the Voodoo Lounge tour, wouldn't
> everybody with these tickets be fried up by the
> cobra?

the chickens really would be comming home to roost(spinal tap!!).

Date: March 13, 2006 01:11

Hey rooster what ya reckon if you and me buy a couple of those On Stage Tickets..smuggle in a some ropes and swing down Tarzan style over Jaggs and the boys while their perfoming.....AaaaaAAaaaaHHHhhhhh....AAAaaaaHHHhhhh

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 13, 2006 01:17

gibb76 Wrote:
> Gazza thanks for making me feel bad. I am a sales
> man and was fooled by this. I never thought of it
> that way. I did the "On Stage" seats for
> Hartford. It was good, but I lost all of the
> effect of the stage lighting and all. It was good
> and I was glad that I did it 1 time and I would
> never do it again.
>
>

LOL...sorry mate

I didnt have the opportunity on the US tour to experience it as I only attended arena shows (plus I thought it was shitty that they put them on sale way AFTER people had bought tickets elsewhere in the stadiums)

I saw a map of the onstage set up a couple of weeks before the tour started and my first thoughts were "these seats are very high". When they announced the concept at Juilliard they were still a bit vague as to how the 'onstage' concept would work and what it would look like, which to be honest I think was genuine. It sounded very interesting and I must say for those of us who werent in them it LOOKS cool, but it just didnt strike me as being as special as it promised to be. I really expected to see blocks of seats actually built into the stage itself (ie not the towers at the side or anything), relatively close to Charlie and the backing musicians

General consensus does seem to be along the lines of "nice to do it once if youre seeing several shows"

Oh, and why do people keep calling them 'on stage SEATS' - isnt that a bit of a misnomer?

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 13, 2006 01:25

Long Island is neither long nor an island, and on stage seats are neither on stage nor seats. Go figure.

Date: March 13, 2006 01:31

Rockman Wrote:
> Hey rooster what ya reckon if you and me buy a
> couple of those On Stage Tickets..smuggle in a
> some ropes and swing down Tarzan style over Jaggs
> and the boys while their
> perfoming.....AaaaaAAaaaaHHHhhhhh....AAAaaaaHHHhhh
> h
>
> ROCKMAN

Im all in for that brother ''Rock''!We used to do that at the farm!!!

Date: March 13, 2006 01:41

Rock!!!We will fancy some under-stage tickets..Lisa s side..when we seen enough..we climb out..sing T&A get to the rope..up to the balcony then...get real high up there..back to the front..see the chickens and jump the hell out of horses.

Date: March 13, 2006 01:51

Aw yeah cool ideas there rooster...maybe Jaggs would like us and make us a permanent part of the show....Ladies and gentlemen those two swingin' clowns Rock&Rooster...YYEEEHHH!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: March 13, 2006 02:16

YEAh..Rock..fun fun fun Two gals for every one!!

Posted by: AussieStone ()
Date: March 13, 2006 03:00

Wouldn't onstage seats be like watching it on tv? It seems as if you aren't even there because the band doesn't really acknowledge you while you're up there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home