Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ticket sale in Shanghai
Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: March 10, 2006 04:46

How's the ticket sale in Shanghai? In Australia, they are doing great... But what about China and the high price of the tickets, are they doing ok too?

Re: ticket sale in Shanghai
Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 10, 2006 11:19

The A section tickets...thsoe that are almost $400...sold out the first few hours that the ticket agency took reservations. I doubt you will see many there representing the "common" Chinese Citizen. I expect a crowd of Ex-Pats and tourists.

The other seats are still open as far as I am aware. No one has assigned seats yet for any cost level.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-10 15:11 by kahoosier.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 10, 2006 11:25

It will be like the shows in Hong Kong and Singapore. Mostly people who can afford the ticket, not really poor people from the streets. Actually same as happens all over the world. If you are poor then you will not be able to afford a ticket to the Stones. Or U2. Or any other concert really. You spend your hard earned money on food and shelter not on entertainment. Next time you go to a show take a look around. Average people? Not really. Take a look at the mercandise queue. Average people? Not really. First you have to get food. Then shelter. Then rest. Then fun. Fun is luxury. Many people take it for granted. Most people don't have it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 10, 2006 11:32

I'm average people. And I'll see them twice. I have NO money at all (Ask most students and you will find out that most have no money). Actually I'm in debt, but that doesn't keep me from going to see the Stones. When I put money aside for the ticket to Vienna, I had almost no money for food, but I didn't care. I wanted to see them even if that meant going on a hunger strike. I am what people call a hardcore Stones-fan. So BV: You're right that it isn't the average Joe who goes to see them. But some of us a so tottally hardcore that we go see them even if we can't afford it. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 10, 2006 12:08

You have money enough to log into internet which most people in your country can afford but in many other countries they can not afford it. You live in a part of the world where getting food is not the first thing that comes to your mind in the morning. And you do probably have at least one or two beers every week. People in many other countries where poverty is high don't even know the Stones are in town. If my family was starving then I would not spend money on shows I would feed my kids. But I am rich compared to many people in the whole world so can go to concerts knowing my closest are happy and not starving.

I wish the Stones or any other band could play a show for the poor people. Like I saw Walk The Line Johnny Cash played for the people in a prison. That would be a show. People with an open mind and no preference of money or who you are. I am sure the scalpers would sell tickets to this show too, and many people would probably break the law to see the Stones prison show.

Bjornulf

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 10, 2006 12:11

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> many people would probably break the law to
> see the Stones prison show.

I know I would.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: March 10, 2006 16:53

bv Wrote:
> It will be like the shows in Hong Kong and
> Singapore. Mostly people who can afford the
> ticket, not really poor people from the streets.
> Actually same as happens all over the world. If
> you are poor then you will not be able to afford a
> ticket to the Stones. Or U2. Or any other concert
> really. You spend your hard earned money on food
> and shelter not on entertainment. Next time you go
> to a show take a look around. Average people? Not
> really. Take a look at the mercandise queue.
> Average people? Not really. First you have to get
> food. Then shelter. Then rest. Then fun. Fun is
> luxury. Many people take it for granted. Most
> people don't have it.
>
> Bjornulf

Great post BV.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: March 10, 2006 18:36

Shanghai is the business place in China and there are quite many wealthy people there earning lots of money...

You can say in China only less than a percentage earn good money, but that's still 10-15 million people, which is more than live in Norway, Sweeden, Denmark etc.......

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 10, 2006 19:26

BV, your posts are full of wisdom. I would never have thought 40 years ago, that the owner of website ( modernity for a fanclub) dedicated to the Stones would have write like this at a time when the Band was " working class or students " banners. Yes, the times are a-changing. But the music is still there.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 11, 2006 12:43

bv Wrote:
> It will be like the shows in Hong Kong and
> Singapore. Mostly people who can afford the
> ticket, not really poor people from the streets.
> Actually same as happens all over the world. If
> you are poor then you will not be able to afford a
> ticket to the Stones. Or U2. Or any other concert
> really. You spend your hard earned money on food
> and shelter not on entertainment. Next time you go
> to a show take a look around. Average people? Not
> really. Take a look at the mercandise queue.
> Average people? Not really. First you have to get
> food. Then shelter. Then rest. Then fun. Fun is
> luxury. Many people take it for granted. Most
> people don't have it.
>
> Bjornulf

That is a great post. For vast majority of people in the world today, being wealthy would mean having three things, food, shelter and education.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1999
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home