Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Can't Be Seen
Posted by: Chas ()
Date: March 8, 2006 02:29

Yeah, that '80s production really killed the vibe. Talk is Cheap had a better sound and it was only a year or two before.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: March 8, 2006 10:29

Halup Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LA Forum, were you at the show last night?

no I wasnt, were you?

BTW are there any boots of Cant be seen? Damn that production.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 8, 2006 10:48

>> BTW are there any boots of Can't Be Seen? <<

truly! i would so dearly love to hear some of the early takes of that one -
at what point did Keith decide to replace that guitar line with his singing voice??
i'd also love to hear what our friend Otonneau would say about this vocal expedition.

and as long as i'm here: it's strange to me that people are saying they like the studio version better than the concert version -
to me it sounds fine fine fine in concert (at least when Keith's guitar is functioning!)
but then, it was the first number Keith sang to me in person, so maybe i'm biassed. :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: March 8, 2006 13:54

when i first heard Steel Wheels back in September '89, I remember thinking, shit, the only 2 decent tracks on the album are Keith's efforts.

I ultimately got into "Almost......." and "Terrifying", but I still think his efforts on that outing were best

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 8, 2006 18:53

The only Steel Wheels tracks I have any desire to hear anymore are Keith's two songs, plus Continental Drift and Mixed Emotions. Actually, Almost Hear You Sigh is not too bad either.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 10, 2006 22:17

>> i'd also love to hear what our friend Otonneau would say about this vocal expedition. <<

... just bumping this up in hopes Otonneau will see it - i really would be interested in hearing your take on this vocal! have some popcorn.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 10, 2006 22:52

I don't mind this song. It's one of the few I listen to on Flashpoint. Ah right, let's cut out the crap.

I don't like the background vocals on the studio version though, they're pretty uninspired.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home