Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Please do not post music or downloads here
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 9, 2006 15:50

The IORR Tell Me forum is for talking not trading. Please do not post any music or downloads here. There is a separate forum for trading stuff - Buy/Sell/Trade: [iorr.org]

Thank you!

Bjornulf

Re: Please do not post music or downloads here
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 9, 2006 15:51

You mean posting an MP3?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 9, 2006 16:06

Bjornulf my dear, is there any chance of creating a separate forum for filesharing?
some of the people who buy/sell music are distressed at being kind of "crowded out" of that forum by all the free filesharing,
which others enjoy, appreciate, etc. it seems like a fourth forum might be a good solution if that's technically possible and okay with you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-09 16:26 by with sssoul.

Posted by: kienan ()
Date: March 9, 2006 16:22

bv! Did my mention of Hurricane trgger this? I notice my thread was gone. As I mention I hoped I was not "out of bounds". I only did this as a guide for those seeking the download. You are correct, should have posted it in Buy/Sale/Trade. As with sssoul said, a separate forum for filesharing might be the way to go. Thanks.

Date: March 9, 2006 16:40

MP3 is music. Yes. Please use the Trade forum for it. That is the place to trade any stuff. And please do NOT post links to ILLEGAL copies of legal stuff. Thank you.

I don't really care what you post and I don't even check it but if I see mp3 or other sharing or direct download or trade posts here I simply delete them, because this is the wrong place.

Today IORR have 3 forum areas which is really 1-2 too much so I don't think it is a good idea to have another one. Too much extra work. The natural place is the Trade forum where music and other Stones-related stuff belong.

Bjornulf

Posted by: redrum ()
Date: March 9, 2006 16:49

BV

What about "legal" Japaneese sites like "Junkheads"? Legal in Japan, but probably not in EU or USA.

I wouldn't want to get IORR or anyone in hot water.

respectfully-

redrum

Date: March 9, 2006 17:03

bv, I, like redrum, wouldn't want to cause any legal hassles. Is Hurricane a legal release? Its not for sale. Its a thin line I sure. Sites like the fore- mention Junkheads and others like Sugarmegs are so easely accessible. I do not want to cause any probelms here.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: March 9, 2006 17:14

What is Sugarmegs and Junkheads?

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: March 9, 2006 21:16

Any song or release published by anyone in public or on a promo is protected by copyright laws. So you can not copy any recording at all if you want to follow the law. Hurricane is of course protected by law like any other release or song made by the Stones. If you own the record you will notice the COPYRIGHT sign.

The illegal part is storing the music actually, and making it available to others i.e. breaking the copyright laws. No music or other copyrighted items are or will ever be stored on the IORR servers. You don't find songs. And you don't find the stones tongue or other copyrighted trade marks. It is not illegal to write about an illegal recording. Still my posting is not about what is legal or illegal. It is about how you use the IORR forum pages. There are three - 3 - areas:

* Tell Me - Talking about the Stones (no trading, no ticket sales)
* Buy/Sell/Trade - Trade and exchange items (no ticket trading)
* Ticket Trader - Trade Stones-related tickets (tickets only)

If you follow these simple rules then it would be easy.

Bjornulf

Date: March 9, 2006 22:43

My post early was merely to guide fans to a site that had the song. In hind-sight I should have never used the word download. Maybe the word listen would have been a better chose. I refrained from posting it on Yousendit to avoid any hassles. The song was never mention as being available here on IORR. No harm was intended! I have no problem with the rules.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: March 9, 2006 22:46

I'm confussed BV. Is it or is it not legal to download and burn music posted via SendIt?

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 9, 2006 22:57

Ok but you're not trading anything are you?? I mean, for example, when there's a topic about the Rice Krispies jingle, someone may not know it. Then you post it. I mean, there's no trading involved there?? Is that illegal too?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 9, 2006 23:23

Reptile honey, there's no trading involved in 99.99% of the filesharing - someone asks for something, someone else posts it;
or people post stuff without being asked, just because they feel it's worth sharing.
but that's not what makes it legal or illegal; and in any case Bjornulf wants it on the buy/sell/trade forum.
which i guess would now more properly be called the share/buy/sell/trade forum.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: March 10, 2006 22:28

This seems a bit strange to me...

So I can see that I'm not allowed to post a link on this forum to another site which then has a link to an mp3 download. This should be posted on the buy / sell forum instead. However, if talking about a version of a song on this forum, I guess that it is alright to post a link to the post on the buy/sell forum, which then links to the external site with the mp3.....

To me, buy/sell/trade is different to offering a free file for peers to listen to something so that you can discuss it. After all, if we want to discuss a particular performance and not everyone has access then what do you do?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1359
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home