Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Mexico Setlists - WTF?
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 3, 2006 21:30

Voodoo, I hear what you are saying. My post was just in response to what people have been saying in general about the set lists. I wouldn't expect them to play anything else in South America. But I don't think they will make many changes regardless of where they play.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 4, 2006 17:32

"So easily satisfied?"...

What is wrong with the set list if you live in Monterrey and you have never had the chance of seing the Stones live in your entire life?

Bjornulf

Posted by: davejj ()
Date: March 5, 2006 08:07

One must live with the war horses, and accept the fact that you won't be hearing "Prodigal Son" or "Let it Loose" anytime (other than on LP).

Date: March 5, 2006 16:51

Maybe but,they had been getting people's hopes up by working these types of songs in on the last few tours + they were supposed to do at least a couple of club shows.What about songs like Play With Fire?I think it was pretty reasonable to expect songs like that.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 5, 2006 18:31

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "So easily satisfied?"...
>
> What is wrong with the set list if you live in
> Monterrey and you have never had the chance of
> seing the Stones live in your entire life?
>
> Bjornulf

let me understand what you're saying here, BV. The Stones look at a Monterrey and say to themselves, "hmmm..let's see, most fans here have probably never seen us before. Let's do them a favor and do a set of warhorses. We'd really like to mix things up because we're really bored to death with these songs, but we must think of the fans first in times like these."

Yeah, that must be it...thanks for clarifying.

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: March 5, 2006 19:36

No matter how many hundreds of songs they have there's only so much a man can rehearse and remember. Or want to. I don't know if it's that much fun rehearsing a new song for every concert you make, plus usually they need to play the song a few times to make it feel perfect and get the song down. Of course by then people will be complaining. Maybe it doesn't really get boring playing a song so many times when you know the crowd is listening to it live for the first time. Maybe that's why they keep playing it. It's Only Rock N' Roll felt extremely fresh when I watched them a few weeks ago even though I knew that was the thousand time they were playing it.

This same thing happens in every other message board of other bands when they are touring. People complain over and over again about how the set lists don't change much but The Stones are actually the band that changes their set list the most (after Bruce Springsteen maybe, oh and his fan bitch a bout his set lists too). There are some songs that I wish they would play too. There won't be much complaining in a few years I tell you that.

Date: March 6, 2006 04:18

StonesTod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bv Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "So easily satisfied?"...
> >
> > What is wrong with the set list if you live
> in
> > Monterrey and you have never had the chance
> of
> > seing the Stones live in your entire life?
> >
> > Bjornulf
>
>
> let me understand what you're saying here, BV. The
> Stones look at a Monterrey and say to themselves,
> "hmmm..let's see, most fans here have probably
> never seen us before. Let's do them a favor and do
> a set of warhorses. We'd really like to mix things
> up because we're really bored to death with these
> songs, but we must think of the fans first in
> times like these."
>
> Yeah, that must be it...thanks for clarifying.
>

Or see this way... "ABB was number one here so let's play 4 songs from it"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 6, 2006 04:25

Keith The Beast Wrote:
The Stones are
> actually the band that changes their set list the
> most

I could name you several acts that change their setlists more than the Stones.

The Stones arent too bad at it to be fair (much better than years ago but not as good as the last tour) but to say that next to Springsteen they change things around more than anyone else is insane.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home