Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RIO - Jumping Jack Flash
Posted by: RoddyD ()
Date: March 1, 2006 03:50

We all know JJF is CLASSIC Rolling Stones. It's been an absolute cracker since, well the day they released it. What a primal riff, what classic PURE Stones.

I have heard no bootlegs from the current tour....but given the RIO show is available in broadcast quality, I did download this.

Well, what can I say about JJF????? They have, to my ears, completely reinvented the song. Whereas it was released as this primal, chunky, riff, and all live versions of it I have heard retain that "grinding" riff.

The RIO version is something else again. Apart from the obvious JJF riff there is this (to borrow a Dylan-ism) huge rumbling ROLLING THUNDER bassline moving thru the song. Darryl has just taken this to another universe altogether. I cannot believe it, it is SO BLOODY GREAT.

After the soundboys get it right (about 30 secs into the song) Darryl's bassline is just superlative. The riff "rides" on and over this fantastic thunder.

Simply magnificent.

Rod
Perth

Re: RIO - Jumping Jack Flash
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 1, 2006 05:28

Agree.

Posted by: MickGibsonSG ()
Date: March 1, 2006 05:40

Keith rocket-launched it when hu jumped out kicking his leg in the first riff.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 1, 2006 06:24

JJF was amazing in Rio, no doubt about it.

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: March 1, 2006 08:33

Also, I think that Daryl is starting to take it to another level as far as how he fits in with the rest of the band... a very different dynamic than the Wyman years, but it really sounds like he is starting to become one with the whole Keith and Charlie continuum.

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: March 1, 2006 08:57

They almost stumble at the beginning because they are so hot and want to rock this one. Great!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1915
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home