Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Set list getting stale again ?
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 28, 2006 18:02

On ur planet maybe.......

show me as many bad reviews as you believe there are?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 28, 2006 18:04

Never said there were - but that's a very different claim that EVERYONE loved the show. And as a matter of fact, there IS editing that goes on at this site, despite what you may believe or have read. I can personally attest to that - on several occasions over the years. So, stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 28, 2006 18:08

I think there should be more bloomin editing then this site might get back to how it should be.....

Date: February 28, 2006 18:57

Adrian-L Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> setlist is only stale,
> if you are wealthy enough to be able to attend
> multiple shows.
> 99% of shows, outside the U.S are stadiums.
> With stadium shows, (max 2 shows per city?) you're
> going to see a warhorses set.
>

Some people here must not have caught any stadium shows on the Steel Wheels,Voodoo Lounge,or Bridges To Babylon tours.They had plenty of warhorses but,they also included songs like Play With Fire,One Hit,Dead Flowers,2000 Light Years,It's All Over Now,Far Away Eyes,Heartbreaker,Sister Morphine,Crazy Mama,19th Nervous Breakdown,The Last Time,Under My Thumb,I Just Want To Make Love To You,and Let It Bleed to name some off the top of my head.Look at Mexico City 1995.That's where they decided to do Just My Imagination for the first time in almost 13 years.It's pretty obvious that the variety has gone down hill since then.

Date: February 28, 2006 19:08

Steven Wrote:
> It isn't about set lits, it is about performances.
> The performances have been great. The people
> leaving the show are happy and satisfied at that's
> what counts, not people listening to 40 bootlegs
> from the tour or @#$%& on a website review setlist
> statistics.

It's about the performances and the set lists.People were also happy in the days when the shows offered a couple of rare songs.If they weren't,they wouldn't be coming back.Now I have heard many people say that they won't go back to get the same show over again.If they would throw in a couple more of these rare songs,more people would be happy.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: March 2, 2006 16:55

A buddy wanted to know why I would want to go to a Stones' concert anymore; he said they only play the same old thing.
Fast forward a month or two - same buddy sees ABB on my desk at work...asks what it is and looks at the songlist, then tosses it back on my desk and says something to the effect of "nothing there I recognize".

Date: March 2, 2006 17:27

Rickster Wrote:
Believe me the
> majority of the people attending there shows want
> the big hits so to think they will play a whole
> show of rare stuff in stadiums or areans is not
> going to happen becauase people want the hits when
> they pay big money.

And that's pretty sad. But then again, I don't think anyone's suggesting a whole show of rare stuff.

"So we're going to do some new songs for ya. We need new songs, you know, we just can't keep recycling old ones. How to you like the new songs? [Thunderous applause]"
Mick in Atlantic City 1989

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 2, 2006 17:45

It looks like when playing in Mexico and Latin America, they don`t dare to play otherwise, and of course, they have to include Angie!! I really feel pity for Stones fans in those countries! But the worst thing is, I don`t think it will be any better in Norway, where I live. No, one has to live in thickly populated areas to get any value for the ticket price, sadly.

Date: March 2, 2006 18:49

It's hard to call two non played out songs per show value but,it is a heck of alot better than what Mexico got this time around.

Posted by: beast of burgk ()
Date: March 2, 2006 19:11

Don't forget: until 1994 there were only small difference between all shows. They actually played (nearly) the same every night.

On the US Tour 2003 (no club shows!) they played 40 tracks in just 14 shows.

2005/06 it looks similar. So what the hell do you expect? I wish more chances and less standards too, but compared to earlier tour it doesn't look that bad.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: March 2, 2006 20:15

The set list can be so much better and it wouldn't take much. I have been to more than 30 shows since the 70s but after being dissappointed with almost the same exact song selection as last tour at the couple shows I went to at the begining of the tour I swore to myself I will not pay that kind of money again if they are going to go out there and play the same songs. You would think this band has nothing else to play.

Not to mention getting my balls busted about the same set list again by everyone I know who went to the shows this tour. I can only defend my band so much.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: March 2, 2006 21:20

J-J-Flash Wrote:
> The set list can be so much better and it wouldn't
> take much. I have been to more than 30 shows since
> the 70s but after being dissappointed with almost
> the same exact song selection as last tour at the
> couple shows I went to at the begining of the tour
> I swore to myself I will not pay that kind of
> money again if they are going to go out there and
> play the same songs. You would think this band has
> nothing else to play.
>
> Not to mention getting my balls busted about the
> same set list again by everyone I know who went to
> the shows this tour. I can only defend my band so
> much.

only 30 shows JJ??? come and talk to me when you get to forty!!!
i figured you for a 50er??.....i could here the stones do the same songs every night, just like i could have lobster every night or a cohiba everynight...or a hm my chick......dont be sore play more!!!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 2, 2006 21:32

I still stick by my original set list proposition.

All of the big warhorses where still there with just a few adjustments of order and a few extra new or rare tracks brought into rotation.

Surely it would be more fun for the band as well?

They seemed to love mixing it up on the Licks tour - what's changed ?

sc uk

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1967
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home