Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

On Stage v Front Of Stage - Telstradome?
Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: February 27, 2006 12:38

what's the view Re On-Stage seating for the stadium show? Amongst our US brothers who've experienced this, is the experience better than a more conventional seat and is it thereforr strongly recommended?

And if it is worth pursuing, how do you order these seats?

Any feedback really appreciated from one very rapt fan!

Re: On Stage v Front Of Stage - Telstradome?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 27, 2006 14:32

havent experienced it myself, but the almost unanimous verdict seemed to be in favour of front of stage. Your view from the onstage seats is somewhat limited.

the on-stage tickets are sold separately from the regular ticketmaster sale. They didnt use the onstage option in the Latin American shows as (presumably to reduce costs) they had a difefernt stage set up, so the US stadium stage hasnt been used since around October/November. Whether they'll use it for Sydney is too early to say, but my guess is they probably will as theyre playing stadium shows in Japan and New Zealand too.

Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: February 27, 2006 14:57

thanks Gazza, they are touting the Telstradome stage as being the very one used during the Nth American leg of the tour - I think i'll heed your notice if On-stage is an option, as this was my recolection too

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: February 27, 2006 16:18

If you look at rollingstones.com

The community forum :::Tickets and shows::: has 20 pages of reviews .

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 27, 2006 16:20

I don't know about the onstage tickets, read this :

"The two Australian concerts will be presented differently, said Mr Dainty, with Sydney using the stadium stage created for the current concert tour in South America and the Melbourne show an "up-close and intimate" affair. About 14,000 tickets were available for the 2003 shows, but Mr Dainty said capacity for the April concert would be closer to 12,000 or 13,000."
It's from a press article I found on the net and according to them, the South American stage will travel, and that means no onstage tix...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: February 27, 2006 16:29

I was in Box 7, the first one on the inside on the lower level, for the Charlottesville show (the bomb scare one). My opinion is that on On Stage in NOT worth it.

The sound was terrible, no speakers were pointed near our box and everything sounded muffled. This is a real shame, since the sound is better than ever this tour. I saw one other areana show and one other stadium show and the vocals and guitars and nice and clear.

The lighting rig blocked our entire view of the b-stage. When they were out there is was almost like the show was over.

After they returned from the b-stage, it started to rain. They crew pulled these clear tarps over the band area. So for the rest of the show, even though it stopped raining later, we couldn't see the band very clearly.

On Stage isn't awful. As long as the tarps aren't out you can see the band. Their backs are to you and every now and they turn and wave. When Jagger sings Sympathy he walks up on a catwalk right below the big screen. The entrance is right by Box 7, so I got a real close-up look at him. If you are unhappy, they do have tickets on the field, but you have to ask for them. When I asked, they were unsure of where exactly the seats were.

Two nights later I saw another stadium show in Durham. I had a much better time, I could see everything and hear everything. I even ran down to the b-stage area and got right next to the back of the stage. A much, much better experience than On Stage, in my opinion.

EDIT: I forgot to add that there was one person in our box who didn't get to stand right at the railing. If you ask me, that would totally blow, the guy couldn't even see the band from where he was standing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-28 06:10 by lamemodem2.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: February 27, 2006 16:34

If you can choose don't choose onstage. I have only seen the people up there from quite upfront in Anaheim and San Diego.
A lot were unhappy as they did not see a thing. If the people in the boxes are not friendly to each other it seems a nightmare if you're short. On the otherhand it might be a lifetime experience to be onstage with the band.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 27, 2006 16:47

Just to clarify, they are not playing the Telstradome (in Melbourne) as the header indicates, but the Telstra Stadium (in Sydney).

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 28, 2006 01:05

i am an on stage defender.

i was on stage (in the LOWER boxes) for 4 US shows and was there for the san diego show - rockingfan, maybe you saw me? i was wearing long red latex gloves that got a lot of attention from the band, especially keith. i had a great time at all the on stage shows. in 3 our of 4 there was a lot of room in the box and just one row of people - no one behind me except for some lecherous creep in san diego from another box who ended up a little too close halfway through the show.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: February 28, 2006 03:12

TP

I did a Detailed review for the 2nd Fenway show under my real name ED Quinn. It might give you some more insight that will help you decide if you want to try it. I would suggest if you are only going to one show sit in a regular seat. If you are going to Multiple shows I would suggest trying it. Good Luck

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: February 28, 2006 03:17

i was onstage lower box keiths side ,Yeah ,it was a cool experience , but if i was only goin 2 c 1 show , id get 1st 20 rows somewhere near center ,the sound quality in that area is incredible also the veiw, that bb stadium stage was cool , they were callin it the Vegas Strip

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 28, 2006 05:14

I think that the onstage seating sux my nts. Rear/obstructed view seats is what they are. Look at the pictures and decide for yourself.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: February 28, 2006 06:45

Hi,

I was on stage at the Toronto show last september and HATED it big time. Upper level box 11 Ronnie's side. View obstucted by light ramps over the stage + bad sound. Fortunately, I've had a chance to get a better experience in Montreal last January.

Just my 2 cents

Daniel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1989
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home