Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Petition unplugged Stones set for Radio City!
Posted by: mr. pitiful ()
Date: February 25, 2006 20:57

Now that Sheryl Crow has bowed out of the show because of her illness, and its only 2 weeks away, I figure this idea would be the best solution as the opening act. 45 minutes of acoustic numbers such as coming down again, prodigal son, salt of the earth, mother's little helper,and let it bleed would be the ideal solution for this 6,000 seat perfect sound venue.

Re: Petition unplugged Stones set for Radio City!
Date: February 25, 2006 20:59

They would need rehearsal time & some effort for that to happen.Plus,I don't think all of the filthy rich people would appreciate it.

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: February 25, 2006 22:06

Yeah A Stripped 2 if you will. One condition no duplicates of Stripped tunes so Let it Bleed cannot be played. How about: Sittin on Fence, Out Of time, Time Waits for No One, Jigsaw Puzzle, Let IT Loose, Winter, Look What you done, Laugh i nearly Died, I Am Waiting, Down Home Girl, Pain In my Heart, Down In The Hole, No use in Crying, Confessin The Bluesl, Parachute Woman, Far Away Eyes, Claudine. Now That'd be great for me in a forum like that. Dylan would be so bold!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 25, 2006 22:09

Mez, R U Going to Radio City? That set list would work for me and most everybody else on here! Hell, I'd even pay $25 or $30 dollars for a show like that. Oooops, sorry, 70's flahback!

Date: February 25, 2006 22:36

No Not going R u Elmo? If so One lucky guy? MEZ

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 25, 2006 22:38

mr. pitiful Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now that Sheryl Crow has bowed out of the show
> because of her illness, and its only 2 weeks away,
> I figure this idea would be the best solution as
> the opening act. 45 minutes of acoustic numbers
> such as coming down again, prodigal son, salt of
> the earth, mother's little helper,and let it bleed
> would be the ideal solution for this 6,000 seat
> perfect sound venue.

Hardly ideal for the 95% of people in what is predominantly a corporate or showbiz audience who wouldnt have a clue what these songs are if they were beaten over the head with them

Date: February 25, 2006 22:45

Gazza I fully understand that. However pipes dreams are ok & when would they or will they ever pay true homage to their diehard base a la Bobby Dylan. Iv'e been to or heard a # of shows where no Like A Rolling Stone, Huricane, Blowin in wind, Rainy Day Woman, Tangled up In Blue, positiely 4th Street, Maggies Farm etc etc etc. In fact he's done so many without any "warhorses" whatsoever. I understand Dylan & Stones so different but God Just the rare show with No Warhorses for umpteenth time. So what if the 50,000 in an arena left dissapponted or pissed ( if that be their fear). thousands more would be so pleased the diehards! MEZ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-25 22:49 by James Lynn.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: February 25, 2006 22:47

yeah, Dylan '66 style.........come out with the rockin' set..........short intermission..........come back with the acoustic set..............and finish with some whore-horsies

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: February 25, 2006 22:57

Let them play what they want..but, if I had my wish, they would play "A Bigger Bang" in its entirety....

See y'all there!

JR

Date: February 25, 2006 23:19

James Lynn Wrote:
> Gazza I fully understand that. However pipes
> dreams are ok & when would they or will they
> ever pay true homage to their diehard base a la
> Bobby Dylan. Iv'e been to or heard a # of shows
> where no Like A Rolling Stone, Huricane, Blowin in
> wind, Rainy Day Woman, Tangled up In Blue,
> positiely 4th Street, Maggies Farm etc etc etc. In
> fact he's done so many without any "warhorses"
> whatsoever. I understand Dylan & Stones so
> different but God Just the rare show with No
> Warhorses for umpteenth time. So what if the
> 50,000 in an arena left dissapponted or pissed (
> if that be their fear). thousands more would be so
> pleased the diehards! MEZ

I'm probably the last person on this forum who is going to disagree with that sentiment as I've championed it (and used the Dylan comparison too) until I'm blue in the face

However, THIS is a show unlike any other from this tour. As the tickets were never put on public sale and are mostly very very expensive, the percentage of even casual fans (let alone "diehards") will be significantly less than at any other show.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: February 26, 2006 01:55

non-sense..........

Date: February 26, 2006 03:20

so you think a private show is going to be full of 'regular' fans?

Based on what logic?

Posted by: RockGirl ()
Date: February 26, 2006 03:28

Why wouldn't it be? Just because someone has charity in their heart and a bushel of cash doesn't mean they aren't regular or real fans. In fact, most Stones fans would be in the demographic of cash possessing and loving, middle aged to older folks. It's perfectly logical.

Date: February 26, 2006 03:36

cash possessing to the tune of $7,000 a ticket and also members of the Robin Hood Foundation?

Sure...

I'm not knocking the people who are charitable enough to be members - good for them, its a worthy cause. But those shows are traditionally aimed at the sort of people who have money to burn - to say they're likely to be regular fans is a hell of a stretch.

If the Stones are reluctant to play much of anything that doesnt deviate from 40 Licks on this tour to whats supposed to be their 'regular' audience because those fans DONT know songs like "Sway", then thats even more likely to happen for a private concert.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 26, 2006 13:45

Will this be filmed perhaps? I mean, it would be cool if they Stones made a FF part 2 with Rio, RCMH, 2 EU concerts and some outtakes.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 26, 2006 13:55

Gazza Wrote:
> cash possessing to the tune of $7,000 a ticket and
> also members of the Robin Hood Foundation?
>
> Sure...
>
> I'm not knocking the people who are charitable
> enough to be members - good for them, its a worthy
> cause. But those shows are traditionally aimed at
> the sort of people who have money to burn - to say
> they're likely to be regular fans is a hell of a
> stretch.
>
> If the Stones are reluctant to play much of
> anything that doesnt deviate from 40 Licks on this
> tour to whats supposed to be their 'regular'
> audience because those fans DONT know songs like
> "Sway", then thats even more likely to happen for
> a private concert.

I agree with you Gazza, but they could have easily gotten around this problem. They could have simply announced before putting tickets on sale that this would be an unplugged concert containing mostly rarities. That way no one could complain about being surprised at not getting the hits.

I'm sure they could have still found 6000 people to pay $7,000 each for that (and if I recall, all the tickets weren't that expensive anyway). The only problem, as someeone pointed out, is that they'd probably have to rehearse a month for a special show like that, which wouldn't be worth it for a one-off.

Maybe in ten years when they're too old to stand they can do an unplugged tour I think that would be a pretty great show.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: February 26, 2006 14:25

The possibilty of a DVD is real. It is a different kind of venue, they would leverage the image that they are really doing a lot more for charity than they are, and the DVD proceeds would help make up for the missing revenue like Rio. It would not hurt to show a bunch of celebrities on the DVD either.

Could happen. Maybe Mick will even do a Bono like sermon about feeding the hungry during the intros!

Date: February 26, 2006 18:00

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> Will this be filmed perhaps? I mean, it would be
> cool if they Stones made a FF part 2 with Rio,
> RCMH, 2 EU concerts and some outtakes.
>
>

doubtful. As its a private concert, I would imagine that anything that comes out of it would be tied towards the RHF and any profits would be diverted to that organisation

It isnt going to happen

Date: February 27, 2006 01:17

ITS NOT A PRIVATE SHOW! ANYONE COULD HAVE GOTTEN TICKETS....JUST LISTEN TO BJORNULF!

I got a ticket, and only had to make a small donation!

YOU CAN DO IT TOO!

JR

Date: February 27, 2006 01:45

Its a private show in that you needed to make a donation to the charity to get a presale code (by doing so, you become a member)

If it was a public show, as we know it, it would have been openly available to anyone to buy tickets on Ticketmaster. TM specifically put a notice on their website that they would not be selling tickets to the public for this concert

ergo - a private show for Robin Hood Foundation patrons, something which you had to be in order to buy tickets.

It just happens to be easier to "join" the club than most private shows would be

Date: February 27, 2006 02:29

Gazza, yeah, but it only coast an extra $50 US to get a ticket...less than the normal ticketmaster fees! You just had to do if fast....

Cant wait for this show. Cant remember the last time I was at the openner AND the closer for a US tour! Am PYSCHED!

Come on down....

JR

Date: February 27, 2006 03:20

I thought it was $100?

Anyway - we can split hairs on the definition of a private/public show. Bottom line is, enjoy it!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 27, 2006 03:41

while the web site has $100 as the lowest denomination of donation (I think that's why BV may've posted that as the donation amount) - there is an option to fill in your own amount.

when you get the verification from Robin Hood, it lists $50 as the required amount.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1881
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home