Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Where The Boys Go
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: February 10, 2006 09:06

Do you know that this is a Keith song? Always believed it was one of the "forced" Jagger pink-punk numbers. But It is Keith's song and hook, lyrics.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Re: Where The Boys Go
Posted by: deg01 ()
Date: February 10, 2006 10:15

Really? Are you sure about that?

I would've never expected Keith to write such a song. I've always equated his songwriting with a certain amount of class and depth. This song is anything but. However, if this is true, I would like to hear the original demo to compare. My guess is that it was actually a decent song at one point, but later dulled down to what it became; which might possibly be the worst song the Stones ever allowed to be released.

To think that Emotional Rescue outtakes such as Keith's We Had It All & Let's Go Steady Again, as well as I Think I'm Going Mad & Dancing Girls, were passed up for this is beyond me.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-10 22:44 by deg01.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: February 10, 2006 10:19

I think it's a cool song! One of these hilarious social sketches, it captures to a T something about the brit lad's psychology to me.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 10, 2006 10:35

class and depth and rock & roll - Keith's got it all. :E
i don't disbelieve you, Chelsea, but if you could say what your source for this information is, that would be very interesting, please and thank you!

Date: February 10, 2006 10:37

Great song!

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: February 10, 2006 10:43

Somewhere I have an outtake where keith is on vocals, so I'm pretty sure the source is correct, and it's a keith song. Not one of his best, but a rocker nonetheless. Good ole times...

Date: February 10, 2006 14:07

I was listening to an outtake of early on in the song. And you can clearly hear it is Keith singing most of the words and leading the band on. Jagger is following behind and will double and expand on Keith's begin. It really surprised me.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 10, 2006 14:12

not sure if thats an indication Keith wrote it - after all, practically every song on VL has an alternate take featuring Keith singing. I always assumed WTBG was a Jagger song..it's his style of lyrics - maybe Keith had a hand in the song's arrangements?

Great song, one of my all time favourites.

Date: February 10, 2006 14:14

Gazza, I got the outtake on your site. From Marko's collection. Check it out. I think it is on the Disc 1. This is not the type outtake where Keith sings a finished tune. This is them working/writing the song. There is nothing there yet. You can hear them stabbing away at it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home