Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

View of B stage from FOS seats
Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: February 10, 2006 01:35

Having bagged a row 7 A3 FOS seat for the Glasgow gig it has crossed my mind that the Bstage set might be disappointing when viewed from the rear.

Whilst I expect great views of the main stage what can I expect to see when the B stage appears......

Obviously I`ll be looking towards the rear of the B stage .....ie at Charlie`s back......

Is the B stage set shown on the large screen?

Does the energy level at FOS dip much during the B Stage set ?

Hopefully those who`ve seen the stadium shows can give their views.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-10 01:36 by GuessWho.

Re: View of B stage from FOS seats
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 10, 2006 01:48

I dont think the b-stage is shown on the big screen. I'm in A3 as well for that show (3 rows in front of you)...you'll be able to see the b-stage but the view probably wont be that great, although Mick, keith and Ronnie work the stage ok

Its only really for 2 complete songs however. When they play "Miss You", they're transported to the b-stage and play as theyre passing you before finishing the song on the b-stage - and on the 3rd b-stage song, the stage reverses and goes back to the main stage while theyre playing

Posted by: The Flasher ()
Date: February 10, 2006 01:49

The tours i've seen B2B and Licks they haven't shown the B-stage on the screens....

Seems as a hassle to have cameras out there and it would probably affect the intimacy negatively.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 10, 2006 01:51

Guesswho I'm on the same row as you! Depending on how the security is I would advise a 'toilet' break just after Keiths set!

Posted by: The Flasher ()
Date: February 10, 2006 01:53

Toiletbreak this and toiletbreak that...seems like us nordics are the only ones who doesn't have peanutsized bladders....

;o)

Posted by: djschicago ()
Date: February 10, 2006 02:04

Out of all the shows I've seen this tour, the b-stage has not been shown on the big screen. I had 15th row for the Miami show and the view was not that great. However, I had seat 1 (right on the aisle) and when the stage came out they were just feet in front of me. Very cool!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 10, 2006 02:04

I was FOS at Twickenham and I felt a lot more removed from the B stage than when I haven't been FOS (at a stadium, that is. I didn't get that feeling at arena shows). So I wouldn't have any particularly great expectations from the B stage section of the show if I were you. Doesn't seem like long before they're back up front, though! I'll wave at you all from the other side of the walkway (A7) :-)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 10, 2006 02:07

The Flasher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The tours i've seen B2B and Licks they haven't
> shown the B-stage on the screens....
>
> Seems as a hassle to have cameras out there and it
> would probably affect the intimacy negatively.

well..they dont on this tour for the arena shows, so I doubt they will for the stadiums

a possible reason would probably be that down the years theres been a brief delay in the sound when theyre on the b-stage, so on the video screens it would look bloody awful to see Mick's vocals so badly out of synch with what youre actually hearing

Date: February 10, 2006 02:17

Hey guys thanks for all the info.............

The "toilet break" comment is to suggest that I could be heading out as the Bstage appears ....follow it`s path ....realise I don`t need the toilet as the bstage is fully out......(this will take 6 mins)...just in time to follow the B stage back......

Shit ......you all know my plan now!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-10 02:18 by GuessWho.

Date: February 10, 2006 02:21

I've had good luck sneaking back to the b-stage railing.Just leave about a minute after they start playing Miss You.The worst that can happen is that you'll be sent back to where you started from.

Posted by: steverogan1 ()
Date: February 10, 2006 02:54

During the shows here in the US, the screen was not used during the B-Stage portion. I had tix for the 5th row in Fenway, 4th row in Toronto , 7 row MSG, and had a bad view of the B- Stage. Except, at Fenway I moved over towards the section where the B stage was and had a pretty good view. I think that is what a lot of people on the floor close to the stage have been doing.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: February 10, 2006 16:26

In San Diego you were able to move to the b-stage as securty was very cool.
In Anaheim the stage moved by as I was right besides the bridge.
Indoors like Calgary (7th row front) I did not see a lot.
They actually use the screen when the take the ride out during Miss you and then again on HTW moving back to the b stage.

Posted by: Glimmer Twin ()
Date: February 10, 2006 16:54

They now have seats on the field in Europe? And they sell FOS seats seperately? Lame, lame, lame.
First of all I think the floor or field should always be general admission, including the FOS section. If you want to see them from up-close, you just have to be there on time and spend some hours in front of the gates. That is how I got in the FOS section twice (Groningen 1999 & Rotterdam 2003). And that is how it should be, giving real fans the opportunity to get in the FOS section instead of people with too much money who arrive at the last minute.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 10, 2006 17:11

They turn off the main video screen as they move down to the B-stage doing Miss You. First they run a generic blue color meaningless graphic so that you will not notice it is being turned off. Then it is simply off as they are down there and finish off Miss You. So the screen is not in use. And you don't see much. I have always walked down to the B-stage as keith as been finsihing his 2nd song. In arena shows. It is so long since I attended the final stadium show that I can't remember how it was like to walk from the front all the way over to the B-stage, but it takes a lot longer in a stadium of course. Mind you in Europe it is open admission no chairs so it might take 10 minutes. You can't leave a front row position then. Nobody would allow it. So you have to decide where you want to be. I use to like it in the front pit where I can move around. Then I can see them both close at the main stage as well as the B-stage. On Ronnie side.

Bjornulf

Date: February 10, 2006 18:07

I believe all the UK gigs are seated so when I said FOS I meant FOS seated.

I would have preferred a standing area FOS but for some reason the European gigs are all seated...............until the first chord!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home