Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hot Show In Atlanta
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: February 9, 2006 07:53

Just got back. Thet did
JJF
Let's spend the night together
IORR
Oh No Not you again
Sway
Worried about you
Midnight Rambler
Tumbling Dice
Night Time Is the Right Time
This Place Is Empty
Happy
Miss You
Rough Justice
Get Off Of My Cloud
Honky Tonk Women
SFTD
SMU
Satisfaction
YCAGWYW
BS

I hope I'm not forgetting some. They came out and WHAM! It was one of the hardest rushes I have ever gotten at a Stones show. The Ph. Arena is prettty small and they are right there. When Keith ran out and crouched down with JJF's riff, I felt the magic. The next 3-4 tunes kind of settled down. Keith took all solos in beginning. There was Blondie playing in the back the WHOLE show. he looks like a gremlin by now. Sway was a good surprise. But again: with this song it starts out so promising and then just fizzles. The solo was allright; it is Jagger's vox after the solo that don't rise to the occasion IMO. there is no build from the great intro. They should vamp down for the last verse; give this song some damn BODY! But "Worried" was incredible/ Jagger up front on the piano in the falsetto was magic. By now Ron had woken up. I saw Jo backstage and she was maybe pushung him on. I tell you though: once they pulled out the "Rambler" it was a whole new ballgame. I have seen the Stones many many times. When they went into the middle jam I lost it. Up till now I was high on the Stones but I was watching the show like everyone else. All guitars grabbing that 7th fret on the lo E and just chugging, Jagger back in the line-up with them. It rolled! And the greatest moment of the night was right ebfore the slow part begins, when the band is kind of reeling it back in, Jagger and Keith walked up to the front of the stage, side by side, both in black. All the way to the front anbd then split up, one right, one left. As if it had been choreographed. It was TOO COOL! The Bangs in the slow party were tight too. The warhorse section was very good too. satisfaction not one of my faves and SMU were loud and hard.
It is Keith's set that maybe should just go. The Bstage went up and down. RJ rocked, Cloud was a cowd pleaser but HTW was terrible. keith had guitar probs, and during "Happy" Ronnie had guitar probs. ron was soling good. YCAGWYW has a weird solo by now. It's all riffs. I have to say: Lisa is one badass cool chick. She was over there dancing her ass off. Just doing her thing. I don't think I even heard Leavell all night.
The Stones were hot. But IMO just a bit too professional. I honestly think they are themsleves a little bored with the big shows. I think everyone, us and them would like for them to go play smaller venues. But I am glad I went, I thought they rocked.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Re: Hot Show In Atlanta
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 9, 2006 08:01

a nice balanced review, chelsea. thanks.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 9, 2006 08:05

that's so funny, i just posted the following under the thread "sway in atlanta":

"midnight rambler was super tight and at one point, mick and keith walked side by side with kind of the same swagger toward the front of the stage in what seemed a little choreographed, but very cool - did anyone else see that?"

i couldn't tell if they had practiced that or that they just know each other so well that they just ride on the vibe.

killer show. definitely worth flying down for from chicago for the night. i didn't think sway fizzled out but it was my first time seeing it so its too exciting to pick apart.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: February 9, 2006 09:13

Great set-list!!!!!!!! I hope they will play Sway in Europe too... uff... And I love Brown Sugar closing the show...

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: February 9, 2006 10:36

Very good setlist. Though I could live without Tumbling Dice from time to time it's very good.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 9, 2006 12:23

NINE changes from the setlist in the same venue in October - excellent

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 10, 2006 02:37

Just got back from Atlanta. Man, that show rocked my ass off. Great setlist and the Stones were on fire (although there were a few technical glitches with the sound). There really is nothing like a Stones show - I'll be on cloud nine for a week!

Date: February 10, 2006 02:50

Happy was a highlight of the Boston shows last month.I was surprised after some of the weak efforts on the Licks tour.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 10, 2006 02:58

Happy was killer. Keith sang really well and really forcefully, which pleasantly suprised me because his vocals were fairly low and weak on This Place Is Empty.

Posted by: liquorgud ()
Date: February 10, 2006 04:20

drove up from Orlando and drove home with a setlist (paid guy 50 bucks for it)! Great energy for this one(9th this tour)and looking foward to Lauderdale. The security was so laxed at this show, with my section 6 ticket I went wherever I wanted, up front for the B stage and level with the stage at the left corner for the warhorses. (where the setlist was grabbed). Great night in Stones Nirvana

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 10, 2006 04:29

this was my 9th show on the tour too - although the security in my section in atlanta sucked - some guy kept coming down to move me just a foot or two back into my seat (my seat was on the aisle). $50 for a setlist? i got one from the pittsburgh show from a security guard - is that worth anything?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home