Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

For those of you that took the piss.....
Posted by: MidnightLurker ()
Date: February 10, 2006 02:53

I believe Mick said, "For those of you that took the piss, the joke is on you" at the 1986 Grammy awards when they gave the Stones a lifetime achievement award. Anyone know what he meant? Must be an English thing.

They gave Bowie the same award last night but he was a no-show so they had twenty seconds of clips and no award to hand out. Strange scene.

Re: For those of you that took the piss.....
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: February 10, 2006 02:56

For the dumbasses that NEVER felt that Beggers, Sticky, Bleed, Ya-Yas, Exile, Girls, and Tattoo deserved a Grammy, F-YOU!! I think that's what he meant!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: February 10, 2006 03:12

To "take the piss" is an expression used in england a lot, and it basically means "to make fun of".

Example - "John took the piss out of me because I was so drunk", would mean "John was making fun of me for being so drunk, he was winding me up, 'busting my balls' etc!"

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: February 10, 2006 04:03

Mick did say that but it was the 1989 Grammy's...Mick and Keith had just gotten back from the Carribean when they started writing Steel Wheels.

PECMAN

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 10, 2006 04:20

no, it was february 1986, and they premiered Harlem Shuffle. Eric Clapton gave them the life time acheivement award...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1562
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home