Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Greek people are sleeping
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: February 9, 2006 07:00

With sadness I go to greek forums,and see happy threads like they coming or yeah baby front row seats etc.But 99% of them knows shit about the cancelation.Basicaly one thing that caught my attention was a girl saying something about 1 of August but I doubt beacuse I haven't heard this date nowhere.Wake up people.
I have sent e-mail to the music channel of Greece which is very well informed and very very close to stones,telling every little shit,and they haven't announced that.What is going?Are they gonna keep it secret?

Re: Greek people are sleeping
Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: February 9, 2006 09:12

Yia Su.....

Please, keep us informed about everything mate, really wishing they play in Greece, just now, my great hope is than they want continue with some other shows in September and go to Athens in this dates...... Anyway, if this happen, I´ll be here..... drinking "uzo".... smiling smiley

See you here (let´s hope)

be HAPPY

Posted by: Lumi ()
Date: February 9, 2006 10:07

Hey Strato, I'm from Greece too. It's VERY simple - DiDi Music has most probably screwed up big time, failing to cover its contract obligations with the Stones and now it's either a) the show has been cancelled completely and they're going to announce it at the very last minute - typically - blaming the Stones for resigning of the contract (Loris ALWAYS does that, remember Rockwave and other gigs that were cancelled / had problems) or b) they're trying to work out some other date, probably some time in July.

Either way, you're right, we're all sleeping big time. I contacted DiDi as soon as I saw the Athens gig removed from IORR's and RS.com's lists. A girl picked up the phone, told me the gig is on for June 29th and SHE DIDN'T KNOW the gig was removed -or so she said. I told her to check the site, she checked it while we were on the phone and was like "oh yeah, they have removed the date... is there something wrong with their site? maintenance maybe?" No, I explained, there's NOTHING wrong with the site, it's just gone! The gig is removed! I don't blame the girl cause she's probably some phone operator or secretary and it's not her business but Mr. Loris should come out with a statement instead of cowardirly waiting it out. See, it's going to be bad publicity if he says "the Stones are cancelled" right now.

The girl on DiDi went on to "assure" me that the gig is not cancelled. "Maybe the date's going to be changed, but there's no way it's going to be cancelled". So now from "it's on for June 29th" we go to "maybe another date". Really...

A couple of weeks ago, avopolis.gr contacted DiDi and asked for information. You know what the response of DiDi was? "Ola kala". Everything's ok. OK! That's an official statement from a COMPANY that brings the Rolling Stones to Greece. They're COMPLETE amateurs if you ask me and they don't know how to run their business, that's what I think. If we end up having the Stones playing in Greece, the major factor that will be decisive is not DiDi's hard work but luck. Pure, mere luck.

Anyway, here's to hoping we might get something official soon. Have you tried contacting Didi Strato?

Posted by: tsigojohn ()
Date: February 9, 2006 12:06

Yia sas!
I'm greek too. Even though i managed to see the stones in SF in November, I'm very anxious to see them in Athens too because it is much more exchiting to listen to their music in your homecountry. I have sent many e-mails to Didi and of course i got no answer. I also called them and the answer was the same as to you. I read an article in "Eleftherotipia" stating that didi told that there is no problem. I think the only way to get an answer on time is through RS.com and of course BV who always has the ability to learn things before anybody else.

Kouragio paidia!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: February 9, 2006 12:30

StratoGR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
.Basicaly one thing that caught my
> attention was a girl saying something about 1 of
> August but I doubt beacuse I haven't heard this
> date nowhere.

They're playing Amsterdam on August 1st...

Date: February 9, 2006 13:49

I can't seem to find an e-mail at RS.com to ask about the Athens gig whereabouts.
This is so frustrating.... I wish another company was responsible for this instead of DiDi. Maybe we should flood them with calls, but I doubt this would work either.

They won't reply e-mails. I've sent them a lot too.

Date: February 9, 2006 14:38

Basicaly I study in the island they make uzo:0
Then my thoughts are the following.They said that olympic stadium will get 200000 from the concert just in time when they need the money to fix the kalatrava roof.Then I see too much love to stones from press and I hope they can do something.The thing that gets on my nerves is that I don't have an excusion.Ok you removed it @#$%& and you took a great joy from me.BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHY????So difficult?????I don't know han I can arrange tickets for other countries.When they gonna inform last minute?It is going to be my first gig

Date: February 9, 2006 14:55

Yeah Stratos, that's my problem exactly. Those ignorant amateurs are going to wait till the last minute and then it'll be too late to make arrangements to catch the Stones in another country sad smiley

I mean, I'd LOVE to catch as many gigs as possible. But I just don't have the money! So if they're going to play Athens 100% I can rest assured - otherwise, I have to know it NOW in order to book tickets say for Italy. If Mr. Loris and gang announce the 'happy' news e.g. in May it's going to be TOO late. Is it so hard for them to get it in their heads?

Course it is, cause they're thinking in a "bakaliko" logic. All they care about is how to earn more $$$ and void the loss and damage to their name that might come out if they announced the cancellation right now. It'll be easier later, kind of "see, we had it fixed and the Stones pulled out the very last minute". Bloody amateurs.

Your first gig Stratos! How did you miss the 98 show?
I've seen them in Athens back then and in San Siro in 2003.

Posted by: gia43 ()
Date: February 9, 2006 15:17

I've sent an email as well: No reply!! Mad Tv still announces that the gig IS going to happen on June 29th and the same goes for DiDi music judging by the site's homepage...I really don't know why... Noone seems to have some information since noone has realised that the date has been removed! I think it's time for one more call...

Who the f*ck is Mick Jagger?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-09 18:02 by gia43.

Date: February 9, 2006 17:12

I have sent 2 e-mails to mad and they do nothing.I can't catch mad here or otherwise I would send sms in live show.We should be organised.I think we should flood their phones,if were many.Basicaly I would go in Italy but the I would loose the whole exams(exetastiki) so I have to look for spain I think.If someone can tell me how to book tickets it would be great.
I lost the 98 show beacuse I was around 12 and I lost it the last minute.I wish I knew back then that they will be my love.Basicaly it was then that I have heard for them I think,and I was listening about sex and drugs and in my child mind they looked very cool.
But back to our subject.If you know how to react let me know.I have seen about cancelation on newspaper TA NEA.Should send them something?

Date: February 9, 2006 17:36

Stratos, when you have the exams?? For the Millan show you go to lost just 1-2 days, and the ariplain Athens-Millan are really cheaps... (about 70-80 euros go and back).....

Anyway, if you decide go to Spain, let me know and I´ll try help you, o filio mou.....

Date: February 9, 2006 17:54

Basicaly Italy is the easiest to reach but yeah good plan loose one day or 2 and come back.WIth the greek show I would lost 4-5 days.I would highly appreciate if you could help me to book good tickets in Italy but I don't have credit card.Spain is cool,but too far away.Hope someone help beacuse if I don't see them,I'll shink into misery

Date: February 9, 2006 18:23

Yia su, ti kanis?

laughs.... you need a credit card for book airplain tickets, since you need present your credit card in the airport.... If some doubts or help, write me to yougotthesilver@hotmail.com

Andio sas

Date: February 9, 2006 18:40

Ok I'll send back later in Greek :0

Date: February 9, 2006 18:47

Poli kala.... mean, no, no, in english... smiling smiley

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: February 9, 2006 21:56

"I contacted DiDi as soon as I saw the Athens gig removed from IORR's and RS.com's lists. A girl picked up the phone, told me the gig is on for June 29th and SHE DIDN'T KNOW the gig was removed -or so she said."

Lumi, i contacted DiDi too. They gave me the same stupid "amswer"! I contacted them three times for the time being. Three times, day after day. I spoke to three different persons and all of them didn't know the gig was removed. @#$%& amatours, or fucing liers??
I think only "Neo Revma" was able to do so important deals. Pink Floyd 1989, G'n'R 1993, U2 1997 and, of course, Stones 1998.

PS I am from Greece, too. In my pocket there is the ticket for the Barcelona show.

Date: February 9, 2006 23:11

How much did you paid for Barcelona??This must be one of the best gigs available.I wish I would go to Spain too.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: February 10, 2006 05:18

"How much did you paid for Barcelona??"

If you mean the ticket price, 65 Euros. Field.

"This must be one of the best gigs available"

I hope so. Great, "crazy" crowd. Also an wonderful city.

Date: February 10, 2006 16:44

Basicaly to know my name is george.Strato comes from my guitar stratocaster.I was tired to find again a cool nick.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 10, 2006 16:53

I am sure the Olympic Stadium in Athens will be a fully packed house like in 1998 but it takes a promoter to do it. The Stones cannot just show up like gipsys on travel... And a schedule that is fitting in. So cross your fingers and we will see what they do with the missing dates soon. Still I remember like it was like yesterday, the Athens show, the 2nd last one of the 1998 tour, and unlike the Istanbul show, being almost empty, the Athens show was a full house, great crowd, lots of excitement, and as we walked out, Vangelis was blasting out of the PA systems. Perfect way to end a show in Greece. They just have to get this organized for this summer as well!

Bjornulf

Date: February 10, 2006 17:02

I know everybody was excited back then.It would be cool if had the sense of organisation in our tribe for once.They will make huge money.I am sure they can handle two shows.One at Olympic and one with less capacity beacuse Olympic Stadium has huge capacity.

Date: February 11, 2006 00:05

Start sending e-mails.Type didi music on google,find the site and then send them your e-mail.Noone can make fun of us.Right?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home