Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

NFL’s clip job on Stones makes grown men cry foul
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: February 8, 2006 02:43

Breaking news
NFL’s clip job on Stones makes grown men cry foul

February 7, 2006

Email this Print this By BRIAN McCOLLUM

FREE PRESS POP MUSIC WRITER
Turns out the Rolling Stones weren’t too happy about their Super Bowl bleeping after all.

Two days after their halftime set at Ford Field, the Stones denounced the silencing of Mick Jagger’s microphone by NFL and ABC-TV producers during two risque lyrical bits.

“The Rolling Stones thought the censorship of their songs by the NFL-ABC was absolutely ridiculous and completely unnecessary,” said band spokewoman Fran Curtis, reading from a prepared statement Tuesday afternoon. Curtis declined further comment.

The statement does not refute the NFL’s contention that the group was aware beforehand that the vocals would be clipped. But it does conflict with the league’s stance that the Stones “were fine with it,” as an NFL publicist told the Free Press Sunday night.

The lyrics at issue include a notorious sexual reference during the closing bars of “Start Me Up” -- long bleeped out by many mainstream rock stations -- and a double entendre in the first verse of the band’s recent single “Rough Justice.”

The band left Detroit Monday morning, wrapping up five days in the city.

[www.freep.com]

Re: NFL’s clip job on Stones makes grown men cry foul
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: February 8, 2006 02:45

yeah....the Stones are cryin' all the way to the bank..........i'll mail 'em a box of Kleenex

Re: NFL’s clip job on Stones makes grown men cry foul
Date: February 8, 2006 03:27

I don't buy it. The Stones knew exactly what the deal was. This is revisionist history.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1898
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home