Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
a note to Ron Wood
Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: February 7, 2006 00:51

Ronny
great solos at the superbowl man.
start me up truly was one of your best in years.
you have taken a lot of flack on this board during this recent tour, but as reinforcement, take what you did sunday night, and keep it up man.
it was truly beautiful to see you in such fine form.

from all of us here, big pat on the back

Re: a note to Ron Wood
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 7, 2006 00:57

Two souls - one thought.
Just thinkin how a few tune-deaf people can say this man
is out of shape... Goddamit the man was smokin, on fire;
trying to tame a wild slide piece of strings & Wood.

We Love You, Ron Wood!

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: February 7, 2006 01:09

Ronnie you rocked, especially on Rough Justice, we could have used even longer solos from you and it was great to hear you finally WAY UP IN THE MIX!!!
SO HAPPY FOR U RONNIE, and great showmanship playing to the camera as de rigueur, wearing that snazzy black leather jacket. Ronnie you are the Rooster and (bleep) COCK on Rough Justice! If I was a cheerleader I'd be shaking those pom-poms right now.
KEEP IT UP!! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-07 01:25 by Miss U..

Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: February 7, 2006 01:15

YA ronnie keep it up the rest of the tour
we love you

Posted by: WNY Stones ()
Date: February 7, 2006 01:22

RONNIE keep up the great work. You ROCKED at the super bowl!!!! You're the man!!! Us Stones fans are proud of you that you finally shut up all the unbelievers!! THANK YOU WOODIE!!!

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: February 7, 2006 01:23

Ronnie looked and sounded great. I loved the whammy bar action for the camera.
He is a great showman too. He seemed confident and happy the whole time.

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: February 7, 2006 01:25

I had one problem with the Super Bowl halftime show:
not enough Ronnie in the mix. What I did hear sounded great. I loved the show and will be on a high all week.
Stones rule!

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: February 7, 2006 01:28

The stones that are bashing can't think that there are some things that make this man play like you say he plays beacuse I haven't heard from this tour.

Posted by: Pokalheld ()
Date: February 7, 2006 01:31

I have read many of complains on this board about Ronnie. Yesterday I was finally able to watch and hear him for myself. It was a great performance of the Rolling Stones! Of Mick, Keith, Charlie - and Ronnie of course. Thank you for a small piece of great Rock and Roll :-)

Date: February 7, 2006 01:34

StratoGR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The stones that are bashing can't think that there
> are some things that make this man play like you
> say he plays beacuse I haven't heard from this
> tour.

Can you write this again in english?

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: February 7, 2006 01:41

Yeah, he was awesome yesterday. If he was that good all the time, there wouldn't be a debate. It's not the case alas.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 7, 2006 01:42

Ronnie appeared very focussed on playing which was good to see

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: February 7, 2006 01:47

HE SMOKED ! It's Ronnie Woody Wood ladies & gentelman

Posted by: Messhead ()
Date: February 7, 2006 01:53

I agree tenfold, that the post above should be written in English. I also agree that Ronnie was great and always has been great. He plays like Ron Wood, and I like it.

Posted by: Mandelagindo ()
Date: February 7, 2006 02:01

I've loved Ronnie since he joined the Stones and I'll not have an ill word said about him!

GOD BLESS YOU, RONNIE!

Posted by: rocksoffKR ()
Date: February 7, 2006 02:04

WE LOVE YOU RONNIE!- anyone notice he played that strat with "WOODY" along the fretboard... i havnt seen that out much this tour, its pretty cool, again great job!

Posted by: Jazzman5 ()
Date: February 7, 2006 02:07

I actually cried after this performance. My wife thought I was going insane. But then again, she's lived w/ me 15 years, and has been with me for 35+ shows. I love these guys from the bottom of my heart. And to see them all perform, was just a moment I'll cherish forever.

Mr. Wood, God Bless You, and keep you. I've broken out all your solo CD's today, plus the early Faces stuff. I love every minute of it. I feel proud to have loved your music the better part of my life.

I hope I get a chance to meet you and tell you that in person ~ as I did your partner at a NY cd signing gig...

Love You Ronnie!!! You should feel as important a Rolling Stone as Mr. Richards. End of story.

Date: February 7, 2006 02:45

Jazzman5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I actually cried after this performance. My wife
> thought I was going insane. But then again, she's
> lived w/ me 15 years, and has been with me for 35+
> shows. I love these guys from the bottom of my
> heart. And to see them all perform, was just a
> moment I'll cherish forever.
>
> Mr. Wood, God Bless You, and keep you. I've
> broken out all your solo CD's today, plus the
> early Faces stuff. I love every minute of it. I
> feel proud to have loved your music the better
> part of my life.
>
> I hope I get a chance to meet you and tell you
> that in person ~ as I did your partner at a NY cd
> signing gig...
>
> Love You Ronnie!!! You should feel as important a
> Rolling Stone as Mr. Richards. End of story.

Hi Jazzman Funny thing I actually feel the way you do. My passion and love for The Stones is overwhelming sometimes. People just don't get it. I actually met my wife standing in line for Stones tickets in 1997. I will always love them. RONNIE God bless you. Thank you Keith Mick and Charlie for all you have done for us!!. ROCK ON RONNIE YOU'RE THE BEST!! Again Ronnie Wood just kicked ass yesterday!!

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: February 7, 2006 03:08

You guys are insane! smiling smiley

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: February 7, 2006 03:46

I can't believe some of you guys think Ronnie's solo during SMU was "one of his best in years" !!!

Fair dinkum...if you think that is the case then he sure has been playing like a 3 year old kid for the past 10 years....

He got through SMU..just....better than most of the shows during the ABB tour so far...which isn't saying much!

I admit he did seem sober...and not doing his clown-like antics which made him play a bit better.

Esky

Posted by: Messhead ()
Date: February 7, 2006 03:52

I will never admit to crying from a guitar solo, but I did shed a tear after seeing what physical shape Mick is in at 62 and then looking at myself in the mirror at 33.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: February 7, 2006 03:59

I love this quote by Bill

Bill Wyman (1978): A friendlier band
(T)here's such a great rapport going now between the band that people actually say to each other, You played great tonight! - which we'd never say. That's never been said in 12 years. I've never been told, EVER, You did a great set tonight. I've only been told, You were out of tune tonight. If I play great, it's accepted, and it's the same with Charlie. If you play badly or something goes wrong, you get put down, so you never get that uplift, but Woody started to get that happening, and now everybody congratulates everybody, and it's Thanks for a great show! We were all bumping into each other after the last show of the tour and everybody was saying to everybody else individually, Thanks for a great tour, man, THANKING each other for how good the tour was, and we'd never do that before. And I really got off on that. Woody's fabulous! He's made this band come back to life again.

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: February 7, 2006 04:22

Ronnie was great in Chicago (at least the beginning) before somebody decided to take him out of the mix, his guitar inaudible the rest of the way. Ronnie was good again in the Superbowl. He usually does a good job, yet a lot of people complain about him. I think he's fine, and he's got much more stage presence than MT.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 7, 2006 04:35

RONNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RONNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RONNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: February 7, 2006 04:40

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 01:36 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: February 7, 2006 04:53

It's also about attitude and Woody showed us he still has plenty. To top it off, I got to meet him in Seattle. and what a great guy he is in person. Keep on rockin' Woody!

Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: February 7, 2006 05:02

all of this good energy towards woody is definatly going to do something.
i imagine some huge ronnie solos coming up on the tour.
he had soooooooooooo much attitude at the superbowl, and really looked to be having a good time. now that its in him, he wont lose it.

lets sit back and watch ronnie teach us something.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: February 7, 2006 05:03

Ronnie held up his end of the deal. You can nitpick with Keith's guitar work as well, but, when looked at from the 'whole' it was a great perfromance by all and that's what counts. The guitar's sounded 'nasty' and 'powerful, rock on Stones.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: JamesBurton ()
Date: February 7, 2006 05:44

Ronnie,

I've had your back for years on this board and it was really great to see you truly shine. That energy and unmistakable Wood sound that was imprinted all over the Faces, Some Girls, and moments during Voodoo Lounge appears to be working its way back.

Keep up the great work! And make damn sure the next Stones project includes you in songwriting and that you play on EVERY song.

And when are they going to finally let you SING lead on a studio track? Even a duet with Keith would be a historic contribution to the Stones' legacy!!

"You look like a leper dressed as Sergeant Pepper"

Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: February 7, 2006 06:09

I'm sorry, but I cannot agree with this "Ronnie Rules" thread. He wasn't that great at all. His solo's were off-key and sloppy. Yea, he looked great but he did not play great at all.
I am not a Taylor junkie either.
I like Ronnie. But I think he's the weak link right now. He doesn't have any confidence in his playing.
His solo's are like a kids first ride without his training wheels. That's great if you're playing in an Indie band in Silverlake, CA, but it doesn't work for the Stones.
I'd rather hear those precise Chuck Berry rip-offs if nothing else. Last night made me cringe a little bit when I heard Ronnie "take off".
No offense to the Ronnie lover's. I love the guy too, I grew up with him. It's just that he doesn't have it anymore.
He sounded horrible on parts of Rough Justice. His slide work was behind and off key.
I'm not saying this to bash the guy. I love him. But I think playing in this band has gotten to him. It's not an easy gig and he seems lost. I can't imagine the pressure he's under trying to perform, while trying to perform sober for the first time in his life. Talk about a long strange trip.
Any criticism is welcome, just don't be meansmiling smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1403
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home