Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Baltimore almost like a club show
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 3, 2006 20:58

Everybody seems to be real excited about the very small Baltimore arena show. Many say it was almost like a club show. Just 12,000 people. It took like 24 hours before reports and reviews started to arrive but now I think I am getting plenty from many very very happy fans, must be almost record for the tour, so this show must have been just fantstic! I have to spend the rest of the week-end up to Superbowl to update the Baltimore page. Thanks for your patience!

Baltimore show reviews and reports: [iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Re: Baltimore almost like a club show
Posted by: micwer ()
Date: February 3, 2006 21:19

Pretty classic setlist though.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 3, 2006 21:22

This is one of the "club shows" Cohl was talking about...I see.
Now everyone is satisfied.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: February 3, 2006 21:26

Yes - nothing says "intimate" like seeing the Stones with 11,999 of your closest friends. and a daring club-like setlist to boot!

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: February 3, 2006 21:45

glad to hear , that not everybody bashing the stones.
im really satisfied with the bigger bang tour.
cant wait to hear them in europe

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Date: February 3, 2006 23:55

I was at the Orpheum in Boston on the Licks tour. THAT was a club show. 4000 people, ecclectic setlist. Baltimore a club show? Please. Sounds like an rs.com promo

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 3, 2006 23:59

I wouldnt even call the Orpheum a 'club' - it's a theatre..the term clubshow seems to be overused already when it comes to theatres, let alone arenas (remember the No Security tour? Trumpeted as an opportunity to see the Stones in an intimate setting - even though the arenas held on average 20,000 people and most people could still only see the band on video screens!)

A "club show" to me is somewhere like the Double Door, Palais Royale, The Phoenix, The Marquee or the El Mocambo.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: February 4, 2006 00:10

I was at orpheum too, but you have to give the stones props for this amazing show. i am still a bit concerned about ronnie doing any lead over 15 seconds, (does he have adult ADD?); he should just stick with slide because his slidework was great all night!! i got to hear 10 tunes that i didn't hear at the 2 october shows i saw. they're still mixing it up; not playing it safe after the break or right before the super bowl. mick tore up a 10-second scream in MR that noone else would have dared to do right before a tv gig (SNL '78, anyone?).

i haven't forgiven cohl yet either for giving us ZERO theatre gigs as promised, but this was way better than an rs.com gig. really, c'mon!

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: February 4, 2006 02:41

I wish i was there...Not because of the small venue - sorry, but I PREFER THE STADIUM SHOWS. Because of the setlist. Personal preferences, of course. "All Down The Line" is my favorite from Exile. "Wild Horses" is my best ballad. I consider "Midnight Rambler" as the ABSOLUTE LIVE Stones song. I love "This Place Is Empty". There are three warhorses without which i can't live : "Gimme Shelter", "Paint It Black" and-of course- "Jumping Jack Flash". These seven songs during the same concert would mean happiness to me!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 4, 2006 04:09

winter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> he should just
> stick with slide because his slidework was great
> all night!!

been saying that myself for many years now. slide really only requires feel, not "chops" or dexterity, which he's clearly missing now. it was his first "calling" when he took up guitar, too....seems a more natural way for him to play.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: February 4, 2006 08:52

Hey! All you IORR-eans who are 'analyzing and critiquing' the Baltimore setlist from a distance of 10,000 kilometers (or much more):

Just to confirm: yes, Keith literally had to be rescued from being pulled off the small stage and into the audience. It's his fault for offering up his guitar pick to a Baltimore Factory Girl, who proceeded to nearly take his ass home with her!!!

... And we thought MCI Center in DC was a near riot!

Really, it's Mick's fault. The First Mariner crowd was going to be content with standing and singing every single song (including Love Is Strong and This Place Is Empty - no exaggeration); but Mick had to go and tear the roof off on Midnight Rambler.

Posted by: WAYNEPA ()
Date: February 4, 2006 12:14

Amen. Baltimore was a perfect ending to my ABB travels.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 4, 2006 14:51

hey dont worry on march 14th you can pay 15,000 for radio city seats,
now thats what i call looking out for the fans, thank you mr cohl, what a joke,
i dont care if its for charity , its a disgrace,we belong at that show, or at least have a chance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-04 14:54 by melillo.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: February 4, 2006 16:27

In Baltimore, the Stones put it ALL out there...they took chances, and for once, it almost all worked. Keith was absolutely amazing & Mick tore the roof off the Place....It was SUCH a GREAT SHOW! A lot of old time fans were there, and one in particular, who was at the Baltimore '69 show, said when closed his eyes during the current Rambler, said it was like a flash back to 36 years ago...REALLY a great show. I didnt think they could top Hershey Park, but they did. It was outrageous! Someone, PLEASE turn loose the recording!

JR

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: February 4, 2006 18:19

Go BV, I want to read these happy reviews!

Posted by: SomeGirlJill ()
Date: February 4, 2006 18:25

I was there too and I have to say, it was amazing. I've seen them in stadiums, and I've seen them in large arenas, but this was by far the best. Yes, their performance absolutely blew the walls off the place, but I also think that the size of the venue made it that much more exciting for the fans. I really don't think that there was a bad seat in the house. B-stage was almost in the back of the room. Sure, I would love to see them in a club setting, but I would be more than satisfied to see them at this size arena again too. (It was kind of like a large high-school gymnasium.)

BTW, I saw Keith almost get pulled into the crowd; it scared me for a second.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home