Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Warhorse Medley
Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: February 2, 2006 17:44

Why not take JJF, Satisfaction, Miss You, Start Me Up, Brown Sugar,Miss You, Sympathy and turn them into a medley like some of the other oldies acts do? Put them all together and condense the whole thing into 4 minutes or so? Not that they would play any more of the newer stuff but this would enable them to shorten the show considerably and spare the true fans of the gratest hits package at the end of every show.

ps I'm with the rest who are very dissapointed that more tunes off ABB and the two previous outputs are not making there way onto the setlist. I really believe the new album to be very strong and they are slowly eliminating altogether from their shows.

Re: Warhorse Medley
Posted by: gut ()
Date: February 2, 2006 17:47

I would think this is what they have in mind for the Superbowl.

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: February 2, 2006 18:30

Oh my GOD! A MEDLEY?! Give me a break! That is so corny! Why would you even suggest such a thing?
The STONES ARE NOT an OLDIES ACT!
If you haven't noticed there are STILL people in the world that haven't seen them. As a matter of fact every show I've gone to there seems to be people that we've sat with or walked away from the arena with who've said that they've never seen them and it was SUCH A GREAT SHOW!
Come on! Yes there are people like myself who have seen them over 20 times or even over a hundred times, but we aren't the norm. Some people seen them once maybe twenty years ago, and now are seeing them again.
The STONES do what they can to please thier fans. And if we AMERICAN fans BOUGHT the ABB CD, and REQUESTED it on the radio then maybe they'd get a feel of what we want from the New Record. But because the masses aren't making those requests then they don't know what we want.
But I've said it before and I'll say it again, The STONES could just stand there for 2 hours and I'd be happy!
I'd love to hear Saint of Me again, but I know I wont, But I am grateful that I was in Columbus and I got to hear Back of my hand, but even better, I got to hear SWAY! Which is an old song, but it was PERFECT! And of course one of their best songs ever!
I just got back from St. Louis, and they were AWESOME as always, they played Worried About YOU! Now I never thought I'd hear that live but I did! And of the Million times I've heard Sympathy I can't imagine a show without it! PLAYED ALL THE WAY THROUGH!
It would be great to hear all the new stuff or at least more of it, but the thing I've learned is that there is no pleasing everyone, and there are still people such as yourself who will never be happy, but at the same time, I'm wondering if you really are a STONES fan in the first place, I mean, what real fan would EVER suggest a Medley?? Oh Man What are you thinking!??? That is just crazy talk!
Well, anyway, that is what I think, and I Love MY ROLLING STONES!!! Thanks boys as ALWAYS, YOU REMAIN THE WORLDS GREATEST ROCK-N-ROLL BAND!!XOX

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 2, 2006 18:39

That's a hillarious idea!!
15 minutes where they touch about 10 warhorses.
To make it perfect, they should bring back Matt Clifford too, so Ronnie, Charlie and Keith didn't have to play, just pretending to play guitar.
They could even stand on a line, next to Mick, if they had rehearsed some kind of dance!
That would be really great!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 2, 2006 18:41

I would vomit. then I'd throw the TV out the f-ing picture window!!!!!!

Date: February 2, 2006 18:42

I can't stop laughing!

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: February 2, 2006 18:43

leave ONNYA live but play the rest of abb while the roadies are setting up the stage, best of both worlds lol

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 2, 2006 18:45

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: February 2, 2006 20:09

Hey Mickshit, I was just joking of course. I took my sister and her boyfriend to the show in Ottawa (she's 49) and of course they were happy to hear the favorites. But it's funny, after the show they kept raving about Out Of Control and what a cool song it was and how they really enjoyed it. So yes, even after all these years there are still Stones virgins attending these shows.

So my point is the last three studio albums deserve to be played, particularly the new one with so many cool songs on it. I'm sure they could get away with leaving out a couple of the warhorses and playing more of the newer material. I've seen Dylan a lot over the last 8 years and he almost always plays lots of tunes form his last two albums. He doesn't play "blowin in the wind" or "tangled up in blue" at every show or even every tour. I just think the Stones are taking the easy way out a lot of times. Mis it up. Satisfaction one night, Jumping Jack Flash the next.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 2, 2006 20:17

The Stones have been an oldies act since 1981. Or maybe even since 1978 when they got bad reviews for not doing an oldies set.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: February 2, 2006 20:19

A Medley I don't think so stupid idea will not happen not at the superbowl or anywhere else.

Posted by: Dan ()

Don't forget to throw in the opening riff and guitar solo from YGMR.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()

Might I mention the "If You Can't Rock Me/Get Off Of My Cloud" medley from the mid-70's. It was pretty damn good. I suggested a medley of the beginning of "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" (first part) segueing into "Love Is Strong" as the opening song.

Date: February 2, 2006 20:25

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Might I mention the "If You Can't Rock Me/Get Off
> Of My Cloud" medley from the mid-70's. It was
> pretty damn good. I suggested a medley of the
> beginning of "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" (first
> part) segueing into "Love Is Strong" as the
> opening song.

IYCRM/GOOMC wasn't a real medley. It was great ofcourse, but both songs were complete.
To really get it going, they should play about 30-45 sec of each song, and the speed should be higher, and Clifford and Leavell should replace the guitars and drums. Our boys should be singing, dancing and smiling. With white suits, beers and flowers in their hands. To prevent it from becomming to cheesy, Mick could say "Thanks f*ckers!" afterwards, to keep the bad-boy image alive.
Now, THAT would be a medley!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-02 21:20 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 2, 2006 20:45

Mickschick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh my GOD! A MEDLEY?! Give me a break! That is so
> corny! Why would you even suggest such a thing?
> The STONES ARE NOT an OLDIES ACT!
>

How so? Almost the entire setlist is more than 30 years old. How old does it have to be before you're willing to acknowledge they are an oldies act?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 2, 2006 20:47

2 songs last night from ABB. Not only are they an oldies act, they are THE oldies act.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 2, 2006 20:49

My wish is to have ''The last Time''and Let me down real Slow..to become one in concert ...otherwise Me hates medleys..jjf youngblood-l russell was good thought.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 2, 2006 23:18

Hey Jackass your talking like a Jackass.

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: February 2, 2006 23:23

They are an oldies act and medleys are corny. Maybe combine two songs--max.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 2, 2006 23:28

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> IYCRM/GOOMC wasn't a real medley. It was great
> ofcourse, but both songs were complete.
> To really get it going, they should play about
> 30-45 sec of each song, and the speed should be
> higher, and Clifford and Leavell should replace
> the guitars and drums. Our boys should be singing,
> dancing and smiling. With white suits, beers and
> flowers in their hands. To prevent it from
> becomming to cheesy, Mick could say "Thanks
> f*ckers!" afterwards, to keep the bad-boy image
> alive.
> Now, THAT would be a medley!
>
>

a medley of swearwords sounds more appetizing than a medley of warhorses

Date: February 2, 2006 23:59

Oh, I forgot about the bossanova rythm.
(as the drums is programmed in the keyboard, Charlie wouldn't screw it up)

Posted by: gut ()
Date: February 3, 2006 05:17

I'm not a gambler but I would put pretty good odds on that is what is going to be the setlist at the SuperBowl.

No breaks...My predicition is that the warhorse medley will be:

"Start Me Up/Satisfaction/Jumpin'Jack Flash",

completely pre-recorded music, with Mick singing along but dancing a stupid routinge with the cheerleaders. Maybe "Justine" Limberfake will run up at the end of the set and rip off his cod piece, exposing Jag.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: February 3, 2006 08:29

Never would they play a warhorse medley. You Can't Always Get What You Want is only
enjoyable when longer than 7 min. But what about an ABB medley? 40 sec of Rough Justice,
followed by 35 sec of ONNYA?

Date: February 3, 2006 12:01

I don't like medleys. Bands like Status Quo has destroyed their top songs by doing this...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home