Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dublin's been pulled!
Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: February 1, 2006 02:01

It's no longer showing on RS.com ticket page. Fingers crossed there's a legitimate reason and it's back soon. I really want to go to this gig.

Re: Dublin's been pulled!
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 1, 2006 02:41

Hope it hasn't been. If it has then there maybe a new Uk date announced in its place.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 1, 2006 04:44

sweet Christ...this tour and rs.com are competing with each other to see which becomes the biggest joke

They must be the only site in the world which can announce a tour and then pull the dates off the tour schedule at a whim without telling anyone - yet theyre lightning fast at e-mailing you an apportunity to buy some hideously tacky t-shirt to celebrate the Stones playing the Super Bowl

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 1, 2006 12:44

I'll be happy if it's because they might be changing the venue, cos as long as it's at Phoenix Park I ain't going. Unless I'm wrong, it's just a huge open space, isn't it??

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 1, 2006 12:59

correct, Beast

I was planning to skip it for the exact same reason although I'm only 2 hours north

I would imagine there would be a crowd limit even if it was Phoenix anyway.

Posted by: StonesLicks2002 ()
Date: February 1, 2006 13:06

Do you think Dublin could be cancelled ??
If Stones play in Zaragoza on 16 August they will play a lot of shows in a row, and this is not usual in fact.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 1, 2006 13:33

Nice feed-back we are getting from rs.com
A lot of us might have booked flights to the various gigs.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 1, 2006 18:17

Thanks Gazza for confirming that. Glad to know you aren't planning to go either, even though you live so relatively close! The venue sounds dire...

Dead right, Harm - RS.COM is effing useless.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 1, 2006 18:42

Dublin may well have been pulled, but then so did appear that Oporto/Portugal had also been pulled; and NOW we notice that it's reappeared on rs.com. I guess maybe they're buggering about with the website/setting up links/doing God knows what - and in the process the few remaining shows for which tickets have not as yet been sold disaapear for a day or so and then reappear ??????

Moral of story .............. stay tuned and kep yer eye upon it !!

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: February 1, 2006 19:49

paulywaul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dublin may well have been pulled, but then so did
> appear that Oporto/Portugal had also been pulled;
> and NOW we notice that it's reappeared on rs.com.
> I guess maybe they're buggering about with the
> website/setting up links/doing God knows what -
> and in the process the few remaining shows for
> which tickets have not as yet been sold disaapear
> for a day or so and then reappear ??????
>
> Moral of story .............. stay tuned and kep
> yer eye upon it !!

The reason that there are comings and goings about the Phoenix park is that there's a legal 'who's-got-a-bigger-cock?' contest going on between the two potential promoters. Apparantly there was a hearing about it yesterday and it's due to be settled soon, but I'd think that just in case it isn't settled, they're keeping quiet about it for now...

A propos the comment that the Phoenix Park is 'just a huge open space', i'd have thought that the die-hards here woulnd't be too bothered by that, seeing as being a general admission gig ye'd only have to turn up early to get a decent vantage point, leaving the real bad sound etc to those down in row ZZzzzz

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: February 1, 2006 21:39

That is poor f-king form! I love Dublin!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home