Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O.T : Floyd Deny Comeback Reports
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 31, 2006 11:55

A pity-London shows in the autumn, after a Stones summer, would have been great.

From nme.com:-

Pink Floyd deny comeback reports

The band say rumours of London shows are untrue
Pink Floyd have categorically denied reports that they will be playing a series of shows this autumn.

Speculation has been rife that the rock giants, who got back together as a one-off to play at last summer's Live8 bash, would be performing a fortnight of shows at London's Royal Albert Hall later this year.

But David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright have been joined by Roger Waters in categorically stating that there is no truth in the stories, which appeared in British tabloid newspapers at the weekend (January 28-29).

The statement, issued today (January 30), reads: "Nick, Richard, Roger and I are telling fans directly that this is not happening."

Re: O.T : Floyd Deny Comeback Reports
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 31, 2006 17:53

I wouldn't give up on this just yet. I heard a rumor that they were going to uncategorically deny the rumors. Then they're going to do it.

Posted by: pedromilfont ()
Date: January 31, 2006 18:23

Hope they do it! Pink Floyd is great!

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: February 1, 2006 04:39

David Gilmour has annouced his solo band and it includes Rick Wright so thats probably the closest we will ever get to seeing Floyd live again.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 8, 2006 12:15

today on NME.com:-..(doesn't look good for Floyd fans.)

Speaking in an interview with Italian newspaper La Repubblica Gilmour said: "The band? It's over. Reunited because of the good cause, to get over the bad relationship, and not to have regrets.

"I think I've had enough. I am 60. I don't want to work much anymore. It's an important part of my life, I have had enormous satisfactions, but now it's enough. It's much more comfortable to work on my own."

And Gilmour stressed that his thoughts on the situation have nothing to do with his feelings regarding Roger Waters, the bassist/co-frontman who was reunited with the band onstage at Live8 for the first time after quitting acrimoniously in 1983.

He insisted: "The issue about Roger is irrelevant, because even without him I don't want to go on as Pink Floyd. I'm happy with my life. Playing as Pink Floyd is a business too big for me now. When you move as a band, all is gigantic, the expectations are enormous, the pressures very high. We have been asked to play one hundred gigs!

"I am fine as I live now. It was fantastic but now I don't feel like any more."

Gilmour releases a solo album, 'On An Island', on March 6.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2438
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home