Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Omaha setlist
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: January 31, 2006 01:29

Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah. Blah, blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah.

And in conclusion, blah blah blah.

Re: The Omaha setlist
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: January 31, 2006 01:30

same one again?....they need to mix up the warhorse blahs and the newer blahs some more....and add a couple of obscure blahs to keep the nutters happy

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: January 31, 2006 01:34

Take Out You Can't always Get what you want & Miss You Save 15-18 minutes for 4-5 songs or whatever. It'll never happen oh well. We all have our wishes eh? James

Posted by: undermythumb ()
Date: January 31, 2006 03:43

I was there. As a die hard fan, I would have loved some rare material. But, it was the first time the Stones had been in Omaha since 1966 and if they didn't hear the warhorses there would have been a riot.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 31, 2006 05:45

Did you ask people in the crowd how they felt about the proportion of warhorses?

Posted by: undermythumb ()
Date: January 31, 2006 05:54

Yes. Our hotel ran a shuttle to/from the stadium. Everyone on it was talking about how they heard "everything they wanted...SMU, JJF, etc." I know all of us want them to reach deeper - but when you get 15,000 in an arena, nothing is going to replace the excitement of JJF and the synchronized roar/jumping/dancing that goes with it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 31, 2006 11:51

Its not like Omaha is New York or Chicago, where they play a couple of times on EVERY tour and most people have seen them before (and probably seen them already on this tour)

They havent played there in 40 years. Quite reasonable that there are a lot of people who have never seen the band before. So, quite understandable to play that sort of setlist

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: January 31, 2006 13:35

Right on, undermythumb! Great answer.

It's time we view the 'setlistas' out there (i.e., the setlist haters) for what they are. The Stones have been playing a mostly fixed setlist for 40 years. They've increased variety and diversity in recent tours, but their basic approach remains the same.

If you enjoy banging your head on a wall, keep right on doing so. If you don't, consider stopping and ENJOYING THE SHOW, which is what I and 13,000 other people in Baltimore will be doing tomorrow night, when we hear JJF, Brown Sugar, HTW, Satisfaction, etc. AGAIN, as we have on virtually every tour since 1969.

Bajo a los setlistas!!! Vivan los caballos de guerra!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1700
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home