Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Just intonation guitar - a very discovery
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: January 26, 2006 01:31

This differs a bit from IORR played instead of Satisfaction during the same number (something I saw in October), but honestly, I don't know what gives me the more headhache : a screwed up Satisfaction (ahh that can be funny if you are experiencing it live) or what follows

I just discovered some guitars are tuned in just intonation. To be quick, just intonation means a C sharp differs from a D flat. Violin, horns, electric fretless bass are played, among other instruments, in just intonation.

By contrast, piano, guitar and bass guitar with frets (the most of the bass guitar) are tuned in equal intonation. That means C sharp equals a D flat.

Now, even in a Stones gig you are a million light years from that, just enjoying a bigger bang and a monstrous noise, fancy you have guitarists who have invented the just intonation guitars.

This means you have instead 21 tunes per scale instead of 12 - So here is one instrument invented for the circumstance, freless, but color-marked

[users.rcn.com]

However, it seems you have easier way to convert an honest guitar in that sort of engine if you want to play it laid, as a slide guitar- it also eliminates the buzz due to the fret.

[home.comcast.net]

I just discovered that one guitar player from Gong, the seventies orchestra later called Pierre Moerlen's Gong, used this weird instrument. But Mick Taylor, who played in Pierre Moerlen's Gong Expresso II, didn't.

Now if you want a big headache, try to understand this

[www.kylegann.com]

Re: Just intonation guitar - a very discovery
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: January 26, 2006 01:33

Here is the inventor at work - souds nice

[www.zebox.com]#

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home