Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

US chart (week ending 1/22)
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 25, 2006 19:39

Billboard 200

197 198 18 Rolling Stones, A Bigger Bang (4,764 / 474,686)

US Date: 24/09/2005 - Run: *3*-12-25-41-49-63-64-79-84-106-135-95-125-154-135- (15 wsf)
07/01/2006: 128-0-0-198-197 (18-16c/1 wks)

Billboard Hot Dance Club Play

32 37 4 Rolling Stones, Rain Fall Down

US Date: 14/01/2006 - Run: 44-40-37-*32* (4 wks)

Re: US chart (week ending 1/22)
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: January 25, 2006 19:54

What about the ABB's sales worldwide, georgelicks, for the time being? Close to 2.4 million?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 25, 2006 19:54

after the super bowl....i'm sure they will be over 500,000 units in the usa...
and 3 million world wide..that's good for a rock and roll band....

Posted by: phd ()
Date: January 25, 2006 22:45

Thanks.It's coming up. Bet they sell 3.5 million copies within a year.

Posted by: gut ()
Date: January 26, 2006 06:30

======after the super bowl....i'm sure they will be over 500,000 units in the usa... ======

Don't bet the farm on it. I doubt there will be much of an impact at all. Maybe back in the Top 100, but that would be the maximum impact.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 26, 2006 18:44

The lack of airplay plus the Stones' own unwillingness to play more than 3 or 4 tracks live are unfortunate, imo, as the new material has gone over quite well at the shows I've attended...Too bad, and it's my only major complaint about the tour thus far...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 26, 2006 18:57

gut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ======after the super bowl....i'm sure they will
> be over 500,000 units in the usa... ======
>
> Don't bet the farm on it. I doubt there will be
> much of an impact at all. Maybe back in the Top
> 100, but that would be the maximum impact.
>
>
> #......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't
> mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Yeah. If there is any impact it is directed to greatest hits albums: Jump Back, Forty Licks... where they can find the songs they play, "Start Me Up", "Satisfaction"... The Stones usually sound bad in live broadcasts in television, so I even doubt that. Sorry my negativity, but I don't think The Stones do any good for their name or reputation by playing there. But I guess they get some money out of it, so... The Stones do their best to ruin their brandy for easy money (though the brandy is so strong that it will still take a long time for them ).

- Doxa

Date: January 26, 2006 19:18

The level of impact will also be influenced on whether they emphasize ABB material, or do a hits set. (I'm not even sure how much time is alloted for their set as I';ve never seen a superbowl let alone a halftime show in my entire life)

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: January 26, 2006 19:32

if they don't play anything from ABB, i may have to renounce the band altogether

Posted by: phd ()
Date: January 26, 2006 19:39

I don't know how much time they perform. But I think they will play one. The one they are the most confident in. ONNYA for example.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: January 26, 2006 19:45

The Stones will have approximatley 12 minutes to perform, based on the amount of time that were given to U2 and Paul McCartney to perform. U2 was able to get in 3 songs, in part because one of the three was the very short MLK, and McCartney got in 4, as some of the Beatles songs clock in at 2.5 minutes. I suspect the Stones will be able to play 3 songs, all of which will come from 1981 or earlier in my opinion.

Date: January 26, 2006 20:02

They will play it VERY SAFE:

"Start Me Up"
"It's Only Rock'n'Roll"
"Satisfaction"

And Mick and Keith will not show their nipples.

But If I were them, the set would be:

"Brown Sugar"
"@#$%& Blues" ("Well, this is an old one we haven't done for a long time... well, actually, never. I hope you like it.")
"Star @#$%&"

or

"Highwire"
"Indian Girl"
"Sweet Neo-Con"

- Doxa

Date: January 26, 2006 21:31

I'd guess 1, prefer 2 from ABB - really only 12 minutes??? How degrading.

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: January 26, 2006 21:42

I think they should play:

1.)"Start Me Up"

2.)"Rough Justice" (it was tied in with the NFL last year...is is from the new album...plus the "cocks" line would be funny. It DOES mean "chickens," after all! I have a baseball hat that says "COCKS" on it...for the Carolina Gamecocks!)

3.)"Miss You"

4.)"Brown Sugar" (for the "yeah...yeah...yeah...woooo!" sing-along)

or

4.)"Jumpin' Jack Flash"

Or all of those, if they can fit them in the 15 minutes alloted.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: January 26, 2006 21:47

Not that there is any competition between them, but I find it interesting how Paul McCartney's album trails A Bigger Bang by 9,000 total sold copies this week and having had 1 less week of release. ABB started off with a fair amount more of sales in its first week, so Paul has slowly been catching up and selling a larger amount each week than the Stones after the first week of each.

It will be interesting to see the charts in a couple of weeks with the Stones performing to a huge audience on the Super Bowl on Feb 5 and Paul performing on the Grammys on Feb 8. You would think since Paul's album is up for multiple awards including album of the year and that Paul will likely perform a song from the album (Fine Line probably) that his Chaos album will outsell ABB in the week following it. Maybe the Super Bowl which will reach a much larger audience than the grammys will spark ABB sales, but it's hard to say. If the stones were performing on the Grammys, playing a song from ABB, they would really be able to double their exposure in that 1 week. I guess they still could do a link up to their show in Atlanta to have 1 song on the Grammys.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 26, 2006 23:39

Macca's US sales this week:
183. Paul McCartney, Chaos & Creation in the Back Yard (19 wks on chart, 5,017 / 465,153)

He didn't drop of the chart during early January (as it did ABcool smiley and he's ahead with 19 weeks on chart against 18 of ABB. He's catching up in sales too, only 9,500 less than ABB and he sold more copies of his album EVERY WEEK since the debut. ABB was always behind of Macca's album in the US chart.

Of course, ABB has sold the double of Macca's album worldwide.

Date: January 27, 2006 10:03

"ABB was always behind of Macca's album in the US chart. Of course, ABB has sold the double of Macca's album worldwide."

Oh yes. What does that tell of the taste of Americans! Viva el Mundo!

- Doxa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1598
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home