Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
My Thread Got Deleted Or Moved into Space
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: January 25, 2006 14:29

Wow,

My thread got deleted this morning or moved into space. I guess I will have to suck up to listening and spreading the VIBRATO of Ron Wood.

Re: My Thread Got Deleted Or Moved into Space
Date: January 25, 2006 14:38

What was the thread about?

Date: January 25, 2006 14:46

Ron Wood

Actually it was a nice comment about Ron Wood being a decent rhythm player,slide
player,and pedal steel player but the band needs a decent single note player to
play live.As you know Ron Wood can slide to a note or two on slide guitar and pedal steel guitar and sounds fine. But when he plays single note solos he has no
fluidity,and does not play anything worth listening to.He plays octaves up and down the fretboard to occupy space and time with few notes.There are many examples of this watch YCAGWYW from Twickehdon DVD,etc.His two note solo on TD from the same show is legendary now on DVD.

I hope you can read this,it may disappear again.

Date: January 25, 2006 14:54

I want him back on at least the level of Atlantic City 1989 (Listen to Undercover there)

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 25, 2006 14:58

Once you shorten your headlines I´m sure they will not be deleted.
Björnulf has also declared he doesnt like gig letters in headlines
& not smileys.

Date: January 25, 2006 15:02

Now I Understand the rules,Its like Keiths Law how the guitars must sound,the
sound of the stones.One guitar becomes four,ten and twelve etc use your imagination instead of going for the VIBRATO

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: January 25, 2006 15:02

Here's your reason, OpenG:

"OK. How many times do I have to say this?

- It is not acceptable to discuss private individuals here

- I will not allow any "I hate Ronnie Wood" discussions here.
We have had at least 100 direct and undercover here,
and they will all be deleted. They don't add anything anymore.
But they are clearly offending to a lot of IORR visitors.

Enough is enough. If you don't understand that, and if you keep starting posts about Ronnie Wood or other posts which I understand clearly is in violation of this policy, then you will not be able to post on IORR anymore. Sorry I don't want to spend my time on cleaning up after people who don't know to control their keyboard, mouth and brain - whatever comes first and last. The same goes for people who want to test my patience regarding "I love Ronnie Wood" and similar stupid posts who clearly is made to eitrher tease irritate or offend or to pick up people who like a fight. Forget it. If you need a fight go to a bar and get drunk. And tell everyone the local football team sucks.

Bjornulf"

Date: January 25, 2006 15:07

It was not I Hate Ronnie Thread It was positive in a way. I clearly wrote that .

But Now I think I Got It

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 25, 2006 15:12

Give em hell OpenG!!!

Date: January 25, 2006 15:23

I have to respect the rules of the site now.Do you want me thrown off the site.
No more critical thinking on my part,I just get so caught up in the moment when I
watch those solos live or listen my nature is to be critical if the playing is
subpar or just going through the motions for the money.I am a fan and have a right to express my feelings when the quality of the music that hits my ears gives me no sensation of wonderment.I am left sad and disappointed and it could
be great again if only they cared enough about the music.

Enjoy the Europe Tour - See You

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 25, 2006 15:26

I can't really understand some peoples mentality on this forum.I totally agree with Bjornulf it is unacceptable to say "I hate Ron Wood".I think it should be totally unacceptable to have any such attacks on any of the Stones.After all this is a Rolling Stones fan site.Some people tend to forget that.

Critical discussion should be acceptable.I don't think there is anything wrong with comparing Ronnie with Mick Talyor.The bottom line is they are both brilliant guitarists end of story.You accept peoples different points of views without personal attacks.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 25, 2006 15:55

I wrote it already in another thread: I don't understand the argument of Bjornulf. If we talk about our favorite band we must talk about individuals. If we critizise we critizise always individuals. A review isn't an evil thing, but tries to show some new ways. Actually many user aren't satisfied with Ronnies guitar playing, E.g. openG and me. And I think we aren't Ronnie haters, but see the decline of a great guitarist who has great merits. If we critizise an artist we critizise a person as artist, and this is a normal thing in every newspaper which deals with cultural matters. If threads are deleted which contains a serious review, then it is nothing but censoring.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: January 25, 2006 16:14

DandelionPowderman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want him back on at least the level of Atlantic
> City 1989 (Listen to Undercover there)

Good point. I thought Wood played very good during the 89 tour.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: January 25, 2006 16:26

"It´s not acceptable to discuss private individuals here".

Then we all have a bit of a problem. This group - Rolling Stones - do have individuals...playing, singing and dancing on stages all over USA right now...

Posted by: kees ()
Date: January 25, 2006 16:26

He was great on the 75 - 78 - 81/82 tours. I prefer that period with Keith/Ronnie more than the early 70ties with Keith and Mick T.
Also the period 76/79 was a very creative time for the Stones for it comes to writing songs.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 25, 2006 16:32

i think you have nothing to worry about Openg

Posted by: saintmick ()
Date: January 25, 2006 16:32

As far as I know, reading this board almost every day, and almost every topic, critical opinions are allowed. Discussions too. Disagreements also. But use arguments and behave decent. That's all. Not that diffcult, isn't it?

If you can't live with that, use other media/boards/bars, there's plenty of 'm. Everyone is free to choose and to express, but freedom has its limits. On this board Bjornulf sets the rules. Respect them.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: January 25, 2006 16:53

i don't agree with bv's policy that is censorship
since it is very hard to say what is "attacking individuals" and what is "criticism"
can i post something like: "last night charlie played so utterly bad that i felt pain and anger!"
on th other hand i think there's people here that often seem to post just to provoke a reaction like that
it is not provocative in any intelligent sense of the term it is just teasing in a very unnerving way

like this

OpenG Wrote:
> It was not I Hate Ronnie Thread It was positive in
> a way.

well, i guess some people need this to have fun and need other people to be mirrors so they get amusement

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: January 25, 2006 17:13

The bv-quote came from the "Question for Mathijs" thread. So by persons, he is probably referring to indivdual board members.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: January 25, 2006 17:15

life is good we should not take everything 2 seriously...but the rules are the rules.....btw i love woodys live album....slide on it live!!!!

Date: January 25, 2006 17:22

mr edward Wrote:
> The bv-quote came from the "Question for Mathijs"
> thread. So by persons, he is probably referring to
> indivdual board members.

no he is not
in other posts bv made clear that he refers to both board and band members that should not "be attacked" personally
while i don't like and - i think - don't practice personal attacking, i think bv sense of the expression is wider than mine and involve what i'd call criticism

Posted by: WNY Stones ()
Date: January 25, 2006 17:27

Mathijs has been known to rip Ronnie apart. It's a shame that a person can be that crude towards another person. It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback. If Ronnie or another Stone died everybody would cry because it wouldn't be the same. Im sure if someone took over for ronnie Mathijs would critisize him and campare the new guy to Ronnie. he is so predictable with his comments and does not back them up. Let's all be greatful that this band is still aroung and did not split up let's say in 1968 or so. They would just be another british invasion band. Maybe a little bit more. it's funny how people mock things that they have no control of or have no knowlege off. I wish the bashing would just stop.You can be critical or post your point but some people like you know who, get to personal. I'm sure if we posted a web forum just to rip him aprt he would curl up in a corner and cry. So Mr. M do on to others...!!

Date: January 25, 2006 17:49

well i guess the problem here is that there are 2 kind of posters
those who have an agenda and those who have not
there's people here like you Open-G that clearly pursue an agenda, and a very narrow one. You're not interested in The Rolling Stones (as you'd type it) but in the band's "Second / Lead Guitar". Mathijs have his own. Then there are little wider agendas like "everything the rolling stones do is awesome" or "everything the rolling stones do is crap".

If i were the administrator of this board i would tolerate these obsessions just posting my pov. As i'd tolerate if some posters get unnerved by these "agendas" and post back.

sure i like much much better posters without agendas, those who are interested in the band as a whole, 360 degrees, with ups and downs, those who post whatever comes to their mind about the band being it a memory, a critique, a praise etc.

simply because i see it as more human

Date: January 25, 2006 17:58

I am a stones fanatic and have every record and many boots . I just am critical
of the bands live performances since 1981. They are canned and have no real
improvisation and they get paid millions of dollars for these efforts.

Date: January 25, 2006 18:35

OpenG Wrote:
> I am a stones fanatic and have every record and
> many boots . I just am critical
> of the bands live performances since 1981. They
> are canned and have no real
> improvisation and they get paid millions of
> dollars for these efforts.

as far as I am concerned you could also say that you are a fanatic of manchester utd or pizza or stamps, fact is that 99% of your posts are about "The Second Or Lead Guitar Of A Band Called The Rolling Stones"

or, as you say, "How The Second / Lead Guitar Of The Rolling Stones Contributed To The Decline Of The Live Sound Of The Band From 1981 If Confronted Especially With The Heights Of The Early Seventies"

so the agenda is even narrower

again, i wouldn't delete your posts if i were the admin but, as you say, "in a way" you get what you want, don't you?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 25, 2006 18:41

Have you ever seen the movie THE FAN?
Robert de Niro playing a baseball fan.
Big fan... Just a fan...

Bjornulf

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: January 25, 2006 18:52

Hey BV - the main thing is that we're Stones Fans and want them to sound the
best that they can be. And I care about different people's opinion's about
what they just saw/heard when they went to a Stones concert - good or bad!!

Let freedom ring!!!

MLC

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: January 25, 2006 18:56

bv Wrote:
> Have you ever seen the movie THE FAN?
> Robert de Niro playing a baseball fan.
> Big fan... Just a fan...
>
> Bjornulf

big fan....more like a psycho-stalker

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: January 25, 2006 19:05

To be honest I never (repeat, NEVER) heard BV complain about anybody doing a bad review of a Stones show, or telling that a certain song was performed badly or a band member did perform badly. I never (repeat, NEVER) heard him complain when somebody has given a critical opinion of a band member/gig/tour/album/song/whatever.

On the other hand, BV's policy is not made to understand but to respect.

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Date: January 25, 2006 19:07

MCDDTLC Wrote:
> Hey BV - the main thing is that we're Stones Fans
> and want them to sound the
> best that they can be. And I care about different
> people's opinion's about
> what they just saw/heard when they went to a
> Stones concert - good or bad!!
>
> Let freedom ring!!!
>
> MLC

i sign the petition

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home