Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones and politics
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: January 24, 2006 21:32

Someone in this forum that stones are a rock band and should not get involved in politics.I totaly disagree.Rock is about revolution,and stones with the image they have should be the first to talk about these things.Not use politics for marketing but have a real sense of far and right.

Re: Stones and politics
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: January 24, 2006 22:48

THE STONES ARE ABOUT REVOLUTION...THE REVOLUTION OF EXPLOITING YOUR FANS TO THE EXTREME FOR THE SAKE OF EXTORTING $$ THEY NEVER WILL EVER GET AROUND TO SPENDING IN THEIR LIFETIME...THAT'S THE REVOLUTION!

BUT HEY, I STILL KEEP GIVING AND GIVING AND GIVING AND GIVING ETC.

PECMAN

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: January 24, 2006 22:51

Rock is about revolution? What revolution? it's 2006!
In 1968 Mick wrote Street Fighting Man, where he killed the king with pleasure.
Today he is knighted. The times have changed, so has the image. Even Paul McCartney once screamed "Cause I don't care to much for money..."

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 24, 2006 23:02

a rock'n'roll band is the very essence of politics - just look up the meaning of the word....

Date: January 24, 2006 23:11

I agree politics and rock'n'roll can be combined, but today in the year of 2006, I don't think The Rolling Stones are a great ambassador of revoultionary rock'n'roll. Maybe back in the sixties, when everyone except Frank Zappa were revolutionary. Angry and revolutionary rock'n'roll youth today will prefer Rage Against The Machine instead of The Stones I guess...

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: January 24, 2006 23:29

How can the Stones be vocal in the political arena and point fingers at politicians when they themselves extort and rip off the very people that love them - the fans.

Listen...enjoy the music, enjoy the concerts, enjoy the videos, the movies, the merchandise, the stories...and keep paying and paying so long as you enjoy it.
I still do.

The Stones aren't worried about anybody elses ship except their own and at the present time...it has a full mast with the wind behind them.

Politicians are people who:
1. Weren't good looking enought to get the girls
2. Weren't atheletic enough to make the team.
3. Weren't Smart enough to start their own business
4. Weren't talented enough to be movie stars
5. Weren't cool enough to be Rock Stars
and still craved some sort of power.

The Stones have all the above...why would they want to be politicians?

PECMAN

Date: January 24, 2006 23:32

or clever people with great ambitions who wants to make a diffrence.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: January 24, 2006 23:33

Oh come on people, you know as well as I that the Stones profits are given to the poor and downtrodden. Like Woody, for example, needed a new bar installed in his castle!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 24, 2006 23:42

It's all about LIES, It's Rock And Roll.

Nico

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: January 24, 2006 23:47

Thank godness Stones didn't end up like Bono, who is hanging around with politicians and getting used by politicians cheap PR stunt......

How naiv can Bono be....???

The Danish Government yesterday gave some 600 mio USD to the poor countries as a relief from old debt.... sounds very nice - doesn't it???? until you find out, that the same money will be taken out of other contributions to the non-developed countries.... summasummarum - the poor ones haven't gotten any thing - no money at all - just a technical transfer from account to another.....

Bono believes what he hears from the government (lots of money - what have i managed to do) - but doesn't understand what really goes on.... poor him.... but at least the government got its PR and good old Bono was on a picture together with some politicians ......

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: January 25, 2006 01:58

I disagree. Even if 80% of whaever Bono does is pure ego, there are still 20% that make a difference.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 25, 2006 02:55

the rolling stones have never been about politics...fact..
they have been about sex, drugs and rock and roll......that's all they have even been about..... thank god....let it rock!

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: January 25, 2006 03:22

Basicaly what I don't understand is why they still do commercials etc.I saw a pic of them shining on a mercendes.Tell me why they need to do that.If they didn't act like that,I wouldn't care for their politic activities.

Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: January 25, 2006 03:29

Good points Country Honk!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home