Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: for mathijs, a question
Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: January 23, 2006 19:25

Turd: Rest assured, your secret is safe from Mrs. Turd....I don't really post here anymore since the hand of censorship descended upon us, so this is all courtesy of my evil twin sister...if I start collecting too, can we start swapping milktops? It would sure beat the excitement in here in recent months...

Bruno: with pleasure, but first I would need a picture sent by email (or posted here, if you're really brave), then the picture has to go in front of the Massaging Committee (fronted by my evil twin sister and myself-- you're never alone with schizophrenia...) and , if found worthy, the extensive ego massage session ensues immediately.......

Baboon: why don't you do us all a favour and take a hike in Amsterdam's Red Light District tonight??? With a little bit of luck you may get bashed over the head again and disappear from this board for a few days, your posts are such tripe, that in true honesty I'd rather read half a posting by Mathijs than threehundred by yourself....and have I already mentioned how devilishly handsome Mathijs is???

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: January 23, 2006 19:45

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-23 19:45 by bruno.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: January 23, 2006 19:45

Mmmmm, maybe my ego doesn't need to be boosted as much as to pass through anything where the word schizophrenia appears, darling grinning smiley

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: veronus ()
Date: January 23, 2006 20:04

Never saw this guy playing, but you don,t have to be a musican to hear that ronnie wood guitar playing sucks for many years. i agree with mathijs. still love the stones off course.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 23, 2006 20:05

Johanna, good to see you posting again winking smiley

So, after all that boosted Mathijs' ego....Ok, so you outplay, Ronnie today. Question is just if that says a lot - and even if, there are always hundreds of people that think they could be, for example, a better trainer for the national football team, people always think that they could do things better than every single politician, countless employees think that they could do better then their bosses. But you know what - all that doesn't count. Because as long as you are not out there doing exactly that job you can never say that you'd be better. And no, nothing what you are doing now proves that you are better. But it if gives you satisfaction to believe that you are so much better and Ronnie is so encredibly/incredibly bad... - that says a lot about your ego too.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: January 23, 2006 20:20

jostorm - You'd better watch out - Maybe Mathijs is one of 'em Milf Lovers who's real fond of your hairy, saggy arse.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 23, 2006 21:42

Thanks Ms. Storm, for all your kind remarks. We both know it's a burden being so handsome, and it needs broad shoulders to carry it. I'll do my best!

Four pages of a thread about me...it's getting better everyday! It's encredible that so many people know me so well, they know all about me. It's encredible that my opinion is so important to so many people they take the trouble of posting all kinds of messages about or towards me. People, like "WNY Stones" even bother to create a new alias in order to tell me what they think! It's encredible!

Lorenz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, after all that boosted Mathijs' ego....Ok, so
> you outplay, Ronnie today. Question is just if
> that says a lot - and even if, there are always
> hundreds of people that think they could be, for
> example, a better trainer for the national
> football team, people always think that they could
> do things better than every single politician,
> countless employees think that they could do
> better then their bosses. But you know what - all
> that doesn't count. Because as long as you are not
> out there doing exactly that job you can never say
> that you'd be better. And no, nothing what you are
> doing now proves that you are better. But it if
> gives you satisfaction to believe that you are so
> much better and Ronnie is so encredibly/incredibly
> bad... - that says a lot about your ego too.

To this post I would like to answer. The thing is: in this thread I have for the first time ever, for the fist time in more then 10 years since I am active on the internet, said something myself about my own abilities as a musician/guitarist (that I feel I am a better player than Wood is now). In all my postings on this and other forums I have always judged the Stones as a listener, as part of the audience. I never, never ever, have said something like "Wood should have played this and that". If he @#$%& up bigtime, like on Sway, I have said that loud and clear. But I have never said what he SHOULD play instead, or that I could do it better. I also never said "bring back Mick Taylor" like so many people on this board have said.

All my criticism was always about what I WOULD like to hear: use Ampeg amps instead of Fender Twins, play with a higher tempo, drop the war horses -all things I would like the Stones to do. The Stones have turned into a different band the last years, and unfortunate for me, not in a very positive way in my opinion. If I take you analogy of soccer: it's a bit like watching the best soccer player in the world when he's 27 years old. At 27, he's at his very best, and he mesmerizes millions of spectators. If the spectator is an amature soccer player himself he probably truly understands why the guy is such a great player. But then the soccer player gets older, and he gets so old that he's not fit anymore for the premiere league. No way the amature player suddenly becomes a beter player than the profesional, but he can clearly see the pro is getting to old, and he can clearly see what he's doing wrong in comparisment with when he was 27.

To me, with the Stones it's the same. Ever since 1989, Ron Wood is on downwards spiral. In my opinion, he has reached an all time low. He's just not capable anymore of playing even the most simple parts, and he plays everything out of tune. For years I, as the amature, have admired him as the profesional player. But now, I find it just really painful to listen to him play. He now is that 45 year old, way too fat soccer player. Even more painful is that he knows it too, I am shure about that. I don't pretend to have even half of Wood's talent. Not by far. Wood has reached such a low point, that it's possible to say as an amature that you're a better guitarist than Wood is now. That is not my credit, but Wood's loss.

If you can't handle my opinion, just don't read my posts.

Mathijs

Posted by: veronus ()
Date: January 23, 2006 21:54

I agree totally what you writing here.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 23, 2006 22:10

I disagree in comparison with a sportsman musicans can play till they drop dead, the problem with RW is in my opinion practise every guitarplayer wears his guitar on his shoulder, RW wears his paintbrush.

Nico

Posted by: JK ()
Date: January 23, 2006 22:49

Mathijs, what do you think has happened to Ronnie. Alcohol?
If Mick thinks RW sucks and has not kicked him out that in a way shows that as opposite to the "business" side there is a "human" side as well. It would be CHEAPER to bring in Waddy Wachtell....
Ps. What do you think about Brian Jones?

Posted by: WNY Stones ()
Date: January 23, 2006 22:53

JK Wrote:
> Mathijs, what do you think has happened to Ronnie.
> Alcohol?
> If Mick thinks RW sucks and has not kicked him out
> that in a way shows that as opposite to the
> "business" side there is a "human" side as well.
> It would be CHEAPER to bring in Waddy
> Wachtell....
> Ps. What do you think about Brian Jones?

Hi JK dont ask mathijs anything he will only answer what he thinks makes him look good. The quote about the Ampeg amps over Fender just solidified it for me that this guy is a nut case. We Love Ronnie Wood not some frustrated wanna be. If this guy ever was in the presence of a Stone he would look like that chick from the Black Eyes Pees with one big stain~

Posted by: ingvari ()
Date: January 23, 2006 23:03

WNY Stones, shut up! You just don't get it.

Ingvari

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: January 23, 2006 23:17

Why would stating a preference of Ampegs over Fenders certify that Mathijs is a nut case WNY Stones? I don't get that one. The Stones live rig sounded much better with the Ampegs, IMHO. But whether you agree with what he says or not, Mathijs makes a many valid points despite his sometimes direct and acerbic means of expression so don't shoot the messanger if you don'tlike the message.

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: January 23, 2006 23:36

Brrrr... there are really potential psycho's on this forum... scary thought !!! All that personal bashing cause one wouldn't agree to someone's (critical) opinion! I imagine Mathijs must both be laughing about these childish reactions and a little scared by all the personal bashing (Scared not to be taken literally)

You know a well known politician in Holland was shot a few years ago because of his (critical) opinion? And in 2003 a well known artist in Holland was killed cause of his (explicit/critical) opinion. It's a crazy world. It's happening everywhere!

And one can't even be decent of respectfull on a forum that is supposed to be a great discussion platform rather than a bashing forum! A pity. O well, life's a bitch and then you die! hehehe.

By the way, I enjoy reading both serious and funny posts/opinions about the Stones on this forum.

Sorry for my not so very well English ;-)

Posted by: hotlips ()
Date: January 24, 2006 00:14

It's way out of line to mention the two kills in Holland when it comes to how we discuss with eachother on this forum. The posts are sometimes rude, but whe're al grown up men aren't we? The killing in holland happened because of two sick persons, I would bet my live that nobody on this forum is @#$%& up like those two murderers. ( Because we have musical taste). I think it's good to be critical about the stones, there is plenty reason to be critical! But I have the impression that people like mathijs won't be satisfied anymore! They're always moaning, always bad talk about the stones. Fine!!, but if they're so bad please don't go to any concerts of them any more, say goodby to the stones and be happy with those good records you have of them. It's hypocrite to go to concerts and buying new stuff just to critize. I'd bet you mathijs goes to a concerts just to write down all the musical errors. It's for fun, you know

Date: January 24, 2006 00:18

hotlips Wrote:
> It's way out of line to mention the two kills in
> Holland when it comes to how we discuss with
> eachother on this forum. The posts are sometimes
> rude, but whe're al grown up men aren't we? The
> killing in holland happened because of two sick
> persons, I would bet my live that nobody on this
> forum is @#$%& up like those two murderers. (
> Because we have musical taste). I think it's good
> to be critical about the stones, there is plenty
> reason to be critical! But I have the impression
> that people like mathijs won't be satisfied
> anymore! They're always moaning, always bad talk
> about the stones. Fine!!, but if they're so bad
> please don't go to any concerts of them any more,
> say goodby to the stones and be happy with those
> good records you have of them. It's hypocrite to
> go to concerts and buying new stuff just to
> critize. I'd bet you mathijs goes to a concerts
> just to write down all the musical errors. It's
> for fun, you know

Hotlips I totally agree with you. Finally someone who makes sence. Thank you.

Posted by: Ernest Craven ()
Date: January 24, 2006 00:22

WNY Stones really seems to have a massive chip on his/her shoulder re Mathijs. Quite sad really.. Has he done something bad to you personally? If not, GROW UP! Mathijs is right regarding RW. He's a top guy but his guitar playing stinks nowadays.

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: January 24, 2006 00:25

WNY Stones Wrote:
> This guy has a bigger ego than David lee roth.
> It's amazing how great he thinks he is by playing
> someone elses music. It's like he stole someones
> car, drove it around the block a few times, drove
> back to the owners home and said "hey do you like
> my new car" I know many people that saw him and
> they think he was a joke. They finished their brew
> and left. Maybe he can start a Bay City Rollers
> tribute band next. He might be better at it.

I fully agree with your assessment of Mathijs. I'm particularly tired of his personal insults against someone he doesn't know and the ongoing harassment.
People like that really make me ashamed to be in this herd of stones fans.

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: January 24, 2006 00:27

My post was not that serious, really, though the message is. I think there is sometimes a bit too much lack of respect to one and other here. So I agree a bit with you HOTLIPS (from M.A.S.H. by the way?).

And I don't think Mathijs, well only he can answer this of course, is going to concerts with only a critical hearing. I am also a critical music listener (though amateur) and I also don't like every of Ronnies solo's these days but I just love the music too much, and the atmosphere around a concert, not to have fun during a concert. Their is so much happening during a Stones concert, you're too much impressed, that there is no time to listen to so called errors. Time flies when you're having fun! It's a wonder they still exist!

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: January 24, 2006 00:35

hey guys! what's all this bitching about this guy? Did he do or say anything so wrong? Could ya explane me? i don't care anything about his guitar playing, do ya? where's the problem? i don't agree with him about ronnie, but aren't we here to say our opinion? i know this guys know a lot of things about stones guitars and amps, and was kind to me when i asked his help to know something abiut that.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2006 00:37

Yeah Mathijs is funny...but he's a serious comedian and once ya get ya head around that you'll be fine

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hotlips ()
Date: January 24, 2006 00:40

Yeah, i agree.
Everybody knows that this isn't the best musical period for Woody, But i go to a concert knowing that i'll have some fun, no matter what! If keith @#$%& up another intro of brown sugar: i'll laugh and have fun seeing him making it up during the rest of the song. After that i won't mention the srew up and tell everybody i had a great time. I dislike people who go to concerts more than once and keep telling it was horrible. Just don't go to the stones anymore!! It just doesn't makes any sense to me. Mathijs is a diehard stonesfan. He knows every detail of their history and untill recently he played for a band wich was totally modelled on the stones, musically but also in their appaerence! I mean, it's a bit ambigue to love them on one side and to moan all the time about them on the other side.

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: January 24, 2006 00:50

I don't think the debate is about Mathijs' opinions, it's about how he expresses his opinions, and doesn't allow others to have opinions or relay facts, how he resorts to personal insults and makes some obnoxious and abusive accusations, how he thinks he knows everything....this grew real tired long ago. Funny how others put him on a pedestal, really makes you wonder....

Date: January 24, 2006 00:55

Miss U You hit the nail right on the head. He is very, very childish. If mathisj doen't get his way he will put down anybody for any reason. I see this from him time and time again. I beleive he is very insecure.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: January 24, 2006 09:35

Mathijs is my guitar hero number one.
I wanna enjoy some of his new stuff.
Please, post a couple of awesome riffs and tricks.

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: January 24, 2006 11:39

i consider it childish to criticize someone who has is own opinion and though loving the stones doesn´t find everything they do is just wonderfull and can´t be topped! i love the stones too, i am a fan since 1980, but i can live with the fact that someone doens´t consider every song they wrote, or every solo played, fabolous. Without critic opionions this forum would be @#$%& boring!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: January 24, 2006 11:49

WNY Stones Wrote:
> Miss U You hit the nail right on the head. He is
> very, very childish. If mathisj doen't get his way
> he will put down anybody for any reason. I see
> this from him time and time again. I beleive he is
> very insecure.

Well, Mathijs never started a new thread about a fellow member of IORR... Criticize his statements or views, not the man himself. And don't start threads like this.

Posted by: jka ()
Date: January 24, 2006 11:54

I think critics are ok and sometimes even right. A lot of the critisism is from people who don´t go to the shows. For sure you can tell by listening to a bootleg how they played. BUT if you travel to a foreign country see (and hear) Keith on stage and see a great ass dancing in front of you you really don´t give rats ass about how Ronnie plays or the setlist or the ticket price. Soon, very soon there will be no more shows and you don´t meet Stones fans from all over the world at Mustang Harrys. Then your are stuck with your wife at home.

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: January 24, 2006 12:46

BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
> Isn't Mathijis the guy who said that Darryl Jones
> is "not jazzy" and "can't swing" ??
>

What not only Mahtijs stated was:
Darryl doesn't fit with the Stones as he doesn't either
groove nor swing with the Stones.

(I think it's out of question that Darryl might be a skilled technical jazz player. )

Mathijs, I'm looking forward to read more from you!

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: January 24, 2006 13:10

rknuth Wrote:
> BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Isn't Mathijis the guy who said that Darryl
> Jones
> > is "not jazzy" and "can't swing" ??
> >
>
> What not only Mahtijs stated was:
> Darryl doesn't fit with the Stones as he doesn't
> either
> groove nor swing with the Stones.
>
> (I think it's out of question that Darryl might be
> a skilled technical jazz player. )
>
>

And i think he's true: compare hampton 81 with any show where Darryl Jones plays bass with the Stones...
No doubt he's a skillfull, technical player, he just doesn't fit the Stones.
> you!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home