Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
for mathijs, a question
Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: January 22, 2006 16:51

Is there somewhere on the net where we can listen to you playing the guitar.
Maybe you can even post something..

I mean, you must be really great smiling smiley

I just can't wait

Re: for mathijs, a question
Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: January 22, 2006 17:23

I wanna hear Mathijs play Sway, Time waits for no one and Winter.
Please, do it man!!!

Posted by: Messhead ()
Date: January 22, 2006 17:25

I have definitely got to here him play Worried About You.

Posted by: WNY Stones ()
Date: January 22, 2006 17:42

From what many people gather is that mathijs is the biggest Bull s***er on the board. Maybe he can play twinkle twinkle little star some day!!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: January 22, 2006 17:48

Well there was a site where you could listen to him play.
He played in the Dutch tribute band Flip The Switch. They won a award for best tribute band in Holland.
I saw them play twice. The first time was at the Kurhaus revival party in the Kurhaus in 2004. The stones played there first Dutch gig there and correct me if i'm wrong, there first gig outside of England. They stopped after only three songs because the fans ripped the place down.
The second time i saw them was at there farewell gig in Amsterdam. They performed a three hour set for a sold out Panama of 800 people.
Both times they were aboslutely great!!!! They did great songs and they played a lot of those songs in the '70's style. Mathijs played the lead guitar and i must say he is an awesome guitar player. The man knows his stuff very well. He has a nice collection of guitars he used on stage.

Unfortunately they stopped touring and so there homepage is down now. They had some live recordings on it and also some studio work. Some of the live recordings were i think Can't you hear me Knocking, Don't Stop, Start me Up and Hé Negritta and the studio stuff was i think 100 years ago, JJF, Brown Sugar and a couple of other stuff. When they played the Kurhaus they performed the three or four songs the stones played then and they were Beautifull Deliah, Walking the Dog and another one i can't remember. They were broadcasted on the radio that day so maybe there are somewhere on the web.

I hope Mathijs can post some songs because i always liked listening to them on there website, especially the three songs from the Kurhaus!!!

But to awnser your "question", yes Mathijs can play extremely good guitar and i hope you can here so you can judge for yourself that he knows what he is talking about!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: January 22, 2006 17:57

This guy has a bigger ego than David lee roth. It's amazing how great he thinks he is by playing someone elses music. It's like he stole someones car, drove it around the block a few times, drove back to the owners home and said "hey do you like my new car" I know many people that saw him and they think he was a joke. They finished their brew and left. Maybe he can start a Bay City Rollers tribute band next. He might be better at it.

Date: January 22, 2006 18:02

It's amazing how people can be offended if someone doesn't always say something extremely positive about the stones. You would that we're talking to adults here but a lot of the time i get the feelings that there are a lot of big babies here!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Re: Kurhaus
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 22, 2006 18:10

>> correct me if i'm wrong, their first gig outside of England <<
not a correction, but some fine-tuning: the Kurhaus was the Stones' first *European* gig outside the UK. august 8th 1964. they'd already done their first US tour.

Date: January 22, 2006 18:16

Wuudy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's amazing how people can be offended if someone
> doesn't always say something extremely positive
> about the stones. You would that we're talking to
> adults here but a lot of the time i get the
> feelings that there are a lot of big babies here!
>
> Cheers,
> Wuudy

Wuudy; Everybody knows that mathijs and reopini are the biggest Stones bashers on the board. Enough is enough

Posted by: hotlips ()
Date: January 22, 2006 20:54

I've seen Flip the switch in januari 2005 in a small village called heeg in the northern part of Holland. I must say that i'm sick of mathijs always critisicing the stones. They're trying to imitate the stones both musically and physical! i thinlk it's really stupid to critize the one band wich you think of all da'.

By the way, they had to restart two numbers on that occasion, they @#$%& up hand of fate and hey negrita.

Date: January 22, 2006 21:13

hotlips Wrote:
> I've seen Flip the switch in januari 2005 in a
> small village called heeg in the northern part of
> Holland. I must say that i'm sick of mathijs
> always critisicing the stones. They're trying to
> imitate the stones both musically and physical! i
> thinlk it's really stupid to critize the one band
> wich you think of all da'.
>
> By the way, they had to restart two numbers on
> that occasion, they @#$%& up hand of fate and hey
> negrita.

Thank you hotlips for telling the truth. Mathijs is soooo jealous of everyone and everything.

Posted by: Auster ()
Date: January 22, 2006 21:21

WNY Stones Wrote:
>
> Wuudy; Everybody knows that mathijs and reopini
> are the biggest Stones bashers on the board.
> Enough is enough

I can see that you have been a "member" here almost four hours now. And already you know everything.

Date: January 22, 2006 21:34

Auster Wrote:
> WNY Stones Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > Wuudy; Everybody knows that mathijs and
> reopini
> > are the biggest Stones bashers on the board.
> > Enough is enough
>
> I can see that you have been a "member" here
> almost four hours now. And already you know
> everything.
>

I can see you know everything too

Posted by: kees ()
Date: January 22, 2006 21:38

Saw him playing with FTS one time, was great. He delivered more alone than Keith and Ronnie together those days. His knowledge of the Stones history is also interesting and I am glad he is critical to the Stones.

Date: January 22, 2006 21:40

I think he is terrible

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: January 22, 2006 21:49

"He delivered more alone than Keith and Ronnie together those days. His knowledge of the Stones history is also interesting and I am glad he is critical to the Stones."

I suppose this is something like manifesto of the "Nagging Party". Mathijs is the "leader". OK, we have democracy. But don't tell us that he is "critical to the Stones." He is just malicious.

Date: January 22, 2006 21:53

stickydion Wrote:
> "He delivered more alone than Keith and Ronnie
> together those days. His knowledge of the Stones
> history is also interesting and I am glad he is
> critical to the Stones."
>
> I suppose this is something like manifesto of the
> "Nagging Party". Mathijs is the "leader". OK, we
> have democracy. But don't tell us that he is
> "critical to the Stones." He is just malicious.
>
>

hi stickydion; you speak the truth. thank you

Posted by: turd ()
Date: January 22, 2006 22:38

Personal attacks on members of this board are totaly unacceptable. It's easy to hide behind your p.c's making defamatory remarks about individuals who you don't know.

Mathijs has strong opinions (but who doesn't) - nevertheless, he should be free to air his opinions without ridicule or personal attack. Do you jump on peoples backs in the street if you don't like their politics or religion?

It is pathetic that he has to suffer this tirade of verbal abuse whenever he speaks his mind.

Date: January 22, 2006 22:43

Open G can irritate me too with the constant poromoting of Mick Taylor and bashing of Ron Wood but i don't get personal in my replies. He has his opion and i have mine and that makes a discussion just as Mathijs has his opion just like everybody else.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 22, 2006 22:45

-----not a correction, but some fine-tuning: the Kurhaus was the Stones' first *European* gig outside the UK. august 8th 1964. they'd already done their first US tour.------

Give me the date of the first gig in the US.

There first live GIG was in the Netherlands they did a television gig in Swiss or Osterich before.

Nico

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: January 22, 2006 23:15

turd, do you think that a person who says "Mathjis is obviously biased agaist the Stones and malicious" is doing a personal attack? And what the hell have we when Mathjis says to a fan who likes a Ronnie’s solo “you are deaf, blind and dumb” ??? What the hell have we when a fan says "i don't like the 1978
performances" and Mathjis answers "pppppfffffff", as if he farts? I remember a lot of examples like these, of course. You too, i suppose.

Mathjis has the rights all of us have. No less, no more.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: January 22, 2006 23:19

Isn't Mathijis the guy who said that Darryl Jones is "not jazzy" and "can't swing" ??

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 22, 2006 23:32

NICOS....Give me the date of the first gig in the US.

First US gig 5th June 1964

ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 22, 2006 23:38

>> Give me the date of the first gig in the US. <<

june 5th 1964. san bernadino - would you get hip to this kindly tip? :E
edit: this date comes to you pre-verified by Rockman! cool.

>> There first live GIG was in the Netherlands they did a television gig in Swiss or Osterich before. <<

ummm ... huh? the Stones' first gigs were in London.
if you mean their first European gig outside of the UK ... right, we were talking about the Kurhaus. in the Netherlands. august 8th, 1964.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-22 23:48 by with sssoul.

Date: January 22, 2006 23:44

BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
> Isn't Mathijis the guy who said that Darryl Jones
> is "not jazzy" and "can't swing" ??
>
> "It's just that demon life has got me in it's
> sway..."

Hi did say that. i dont know how a person can redecule a band and play in a cover band that he hates

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 22, 2006 23:46

Thanks,

I meant first europe country besides UK.

Nico

Posted by: turd ()
Date: January 22, 2006 23:47

stickydion - I am not defending what Mathijs has said or his opinions which may have included personal attacks on other people, I agree he has the same rights as anyone here. His comments however are usualy made in the context of answering to a relevant post.

But this thread was started with the sole intention of making him look a fool and to ridicule him - I have seen this many times in the past after Mathijs has made some controversial remarks or opinions. IMHO this is not acceptable, thats all.

Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: January 22, 2006 23:53

quite unacceptable, indeed indeed good sir

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 23, 2006 00:00

You are absolutely right, turd.
Most people on this board, hide behind an alias, and don't even show their e-mail address. Mathijs is well-known, and many have even seen him play the guitar. Very bad to pick on him, just because of his opnions. Go for the ball, not the player.
This kind of attacks is MUCH worse than criticising Ronnie for his playing, Ronnie is not a part of this forum.

Posted by: tomcat ()
Date: January 23, 2006 00:01

I respect and look forward to reading Mathijs' posts on this board. He has a wealth of knowledge and expertise in most areas of the Stones music and equipment that we should all be very thankful for. He is entitled to his opinion just like we all are, and, in fact, has always been very astute in his comments. His response to the press conference was spot on regarding the way Mick was dressed, particularly those pants, reflected what I was thinking as well.

I have followed his former bands website and listened to his playing on all of the files that were posted there, and they were well played. He is a great guitar player and I think he has the knowledge and chops to comment on the state of Ronnie's playing, which is nothing short of horrible at varying moments of the tour. Let's cut he and Ronnie some slack. It is what it is...

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home