Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

GERALDO & Mick J
Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: January 20, 2006 21:30

I recall hearing some story years ago that in Geraldo's autobio he wrote that he met Mick Jagger & Baryshnikov at a party and they made a pass at him....is this true, was it consummated and do MJ and Geraldo still keep in touch?
Thanks....

Re: GERALDO & Mick J
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 20, 2006 21:39

i heard the same thing..and no i don't think jagger talks to geraldo now..
plus i think jagger is into girls now....and who cares...

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: January 20, 2006 21:40

Is this the same moustachioed Geraldo who interviews Mick in '75 and '78 on some US current affairs prog. (20/20 maybe?). Surely some mistake; he looks like Tom Selleck with longer hair.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 20, 2006 21:55

Mick isn't a fag, just because Miss U don't like him.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 20, 2006 22:28

Can anyone believe ANYTHING Geraldo Rivera says???

Posted by: stoneMe ()
Date: January 20, 2006 23:15

No !!!!

Ever Danced with a One Legged Woman?

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 20, 2006 23:45

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mick isn't a fag, just because Miss U don't like
> him.

You know, fag is kind of an offensive term (unless you are in Europe talking about a cigarette). I'm not gay but I have friends who are. And I hate to tell you this, but Jagger's bisexuality during the '70s is well documented by multiple sources.

Date: January 20, 2006 23:56

TRUE...i don't think he is now...but with all the drugs back then..plus some, back in the day, throught it was cool...i don't..but i think jagger would have jumed into it....but he didn't do it too long..likes girls too much..ha

Posted by: ruby t. ()
Date: January 21, 2006 00:01

Where did this "threesome" take place, in Al Capone's secret hiding place? I think Geraldo sort of embellishes the truth a bit.

Date: January 21, 2006 00:24

I like Mick, so this has nothing to do with that.
It's possible Geraldo may have been bragging or embellished the story; I heard he wrote in his autobio they met at a party. Just want to know if any truth to it. Doesn't change my view of Mick, because I already knew he goes both ways! winking smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 21, 2006 00:36

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
> You know, fag is kind of an offensive term (unless
> you are in Europe talking about a cigarette). I'm
> not gay but I have friends who are. And I hate to
> tell you this, but Jagger's bisexuality during the
> '70s is well documented by multiple sources.

Sorry, I thought gay and fag was the same. It's easy to learn a different language, but hard to find out about the "offense/no-offense meaning" (couldn't find the right word). What about queer?
Anyway, it's OK to be gay, we're not living in the 1800s. And I don't think Mick Jagger is queer, or I WISH, Jagger is not queer. If he was, it would be known by everyone, not just rumoured by some. People dig up everything on famous people, it's hard to hide away stuff for them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-21 00:43 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: January 21, 2006 00:36

Englishmen have a much different view of sexual experimentation than American men do; I don't think Mick ever was truly bisexual although he may have wanted folks to think he dabbled, more because it was " vogue" back in the 70's. Mick's appetite for the ladies is also very well documented and it is there that Mick's true sexuality can be found, IMO. Geraldo did interview Mick in 1975 and I recall that interview well; they were walking along a beach at night, talking about the tour. I'm not sure Baryesnokov is gay either but Rudolf Nuruyev was, and hedied of AIDS! I think it's Rudie that MISS U is thinking of.

Date: January 21, 2006 00:41

Oh, you may be right Debra about Nureyev. I haven't read Geraldo's autobio, and heard the story years ago. Will try to verify.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: January 21, 2006 00:51

Any news on who killed Brian?

Date: January 21, 2006 01:12

According to the fan club, the investigation is progressing nicely.

Date: January 21, 2006 03:25

geraldo never slept with jagger but rudolf asked geraldo to do a 3 some...
it didn't come from jagger..so it didn't happen....and i don't think jagger is a fag....read what debra said....she's right on!

Date: January 21, 2006 08:32

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You know, fag is kind of an offensive term
> (unless
> > you are in Europe talking about a cigarette).
> I'm
> > not gay but I have friends who are. And I
> hate to
> > tell you this, but Jagger's bisexuality
> during the
> > '70s is well documented by multiple sources.
>
> Sorry, I thought gay and fag was the same. It's
> easy to learn a different language, but hard to
> find out about the "offense/no-offense meaning"
> (couldn't find the right word). What about queer?
> Anyway, it's OK to be gay, we're not living in the
> 1800s. And I don't think Mick Jagger is queer, or
> I WISH, Jagger is not queer. If he was, it would
> be known by everyone, not just rumoured by some.
> People dig up everything on famous people, it's
> hard to hide away stuff for them.

Sorry, didn't mean to bite your head off. My mistake, and I apologize. You are so right that it is very difficult to know which words are offensive in a language that is not your native tongue. Hell, it is difficult for a native English speaker such as myself. Your example of queer is a great illustration of that. A few years ago I would have said it was offensive, But now there are shows like "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" where gay people are using it, so it is really a gray area. It all depends on the context in which it is used, I suppose.

It is like the n word, which I still refuse to say or type because I am a pasty-faced white guy and don't want to take the chance of offending anyone. Black rappers use it all the time in their songs, though, and not always in a negative way. Many times it is used as a term of affection, like "that's my (n-word)." But if a white person uses it in the wrong context in the wrong neighborhood, he can expect to get his ass beat. Language is a funny thing, for sure.

Having said that, I have to say that Jagger's bisexuality in the '70s isn't just a rumour, it is pretty much an established fact. Mind you, I am not saying I approve of this behavior, any more than I approve of Keith's heroin use, which I don't. But it really isn't up to me to approve or disapprove of what the Stones do or have done. But check out these quotes from Jagger's unauthorized biography by Christopher Anderson:

Page 334: "Another longtime friend of both Jagger and Bowie, influental music industry insider Rodney Bingenheimer, said 'Mick and David were lovers, of course. They didn't exactly make a secret of it.' But he added that Jagger 'was always more interested in women.'"

Page 336: "Not that both Jagger and Bowie didn't try to corral Buell (Bebe Buell, Playboy model and notorious groupie) into group sex situations." Buell: "I used to get some pretty strange phone calls from Mick and David at three in the morning, inviting me to join them in bed with four gorgeous black women. You could hear giggling and moaning over the phone. Sometimes they wanted me to join them with four gorgeous black men. Mick had affairs with several black men that I know of. Nobody famous - just great-looking guys from Long Island."

And it's not like that's the only book that makes this claim - I have at least five or six other books that tell similar stories. Sorry dude, but it is pretty much certain that Jagger was bisexual in the '70s. And frankly, I could care less, except that it makes for an interesting story and sheds a bit of light on Jagger's complex personality.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-21 22:08 by ohnonotyouagain.

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: January 21, 2006 10:23

I have a stupid co worker who claims that she had sex with Geraldo when he visited our town.

Why would anyone claim that ?

Date: January 21, 2006 22:24

out of my head Wrote:
> I have a stupid co worker who claims that she had
> sex with Geraldo when he visited our town.
>
> Why would anyone claim that ?
>

Beats me why anyone of either sex would want to sleep with Geraldo. He has always struck me as an insincere creep.

Date: January 21, 2006 22:29

This wasn't meant to turn nasty or to be judgemental. I agree with Debra who put it very diplomatically, and I believe the truth is that Mick is open to both sexes, and has "experimented" or maybe more, naturally he would prefer one sex to the other....it really doesn't matter one bit. Geraldo doesn't do much for me either.
I just wanted to know if this story is true because I heard Geraldo claimed in his autobio that this happened, and that Jagger was part of it along with Nureyev. Interesting opinions, though!

Date: January 21, 2006 22:48

Miss U. Wrote:
> I just wanted to know if this story is true
> because I heard Geraldo claimed in his autobio
> that this happened, and that Jagger was part of it
> along with Nureyev.

Andersen's book and several others confirm this story: Jagger and Nureyev made a pass at Rivera, but he declined their invitation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home