Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who was the most famous person to ever attend a Stones concert (non-musican)
Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: January 17, 2006 02:51

Who was the most famous person to ever attend a Stones concert (non-musican)?

Re: Who was the most famous person to ever attend a Stones concert (non-musican)
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: January 17, 2006 02:55

Hmmmmmmm, Johnny Depp?

Re: Who was the most famous person to ever attend a Stones concert (non-musican)
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 17, 2006 02:56

Probably Bill Clinton

If you include musicians attending in a non-musical capacity, probably any of the Beatles

Only Elvis and Muhammad Ali would be on the same 'fame level', but as far as I;m aware, neither have ever attended a Stones show

I would assume Madonna has attended a Stones show or two in her time.

the Queen's sister, Princess Margaret, attended a Stones show at Earls Court in 1976

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-17 03:06 by Gazza.

Date: January 17, 2006 02:56

I said most famous person not shortest person (that was for Depp not Slick Willie) LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-17 02:57 by bigfrankie.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: January 17, 2006 02:57

Actually, was the Royal Fam at the Variety Show in 67?

Date: January 17, 2006 02:58

no

The Royal Variety Performance (the one where the Beatles appeared at in '63 and Lennon told the toffs to 'rattle your jewellery') would be held in front of a few royals at the London Palladium, but the "Sunday night at the London palladium" show was a weekly variety show which just happened to be held at the same theatre

The Stones have never performed as a band at any special event in front of the royal family (although, as said above, Princess Margaret was their guest at a show and supposedly snorted coke with them backstage)

However, Woody played as a guest of Bob Dylan at the Princes' Trust concert in Hyde Park in 1996, attended by Prince Charles. As well as myself and 150,000 others...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-17 03:05 by Gazza.

Date: January 17, 2006 03:00

Was Hugh Hef there in 72? I'd have to pull out STP book to verify.

Date: January 17, 2006 03:02

No - Hefner wouldnt leave the Playboy Mansion in Chicago due to a post-Manson era fear of kidnapping

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 17, 2006 04:08

Me

ROCKMAN

Date: January 17, 2006 05:21

Hey Rockman....it was "most famous person" not "most__________________(fill-in the blank)

Date: January 17, 2006 05:28

Bigfrankie...you can print it...I'm an ex-paratrooper I can roll with the punches!

ROCKMAN

Date: January 17, 2006 05:30

Ok Rock...who was the most famouse person to hang-glide into a Stones Concert?

Date: January 17, 2006 05:52

eeerrrrm....that um... that famous Chinese parachuter..eeerr Sum Kunt

ROCKMAN

Date: January 17, 2006 06:10

Umm tom hanks, bill murry, eddie murphy, bill clinton, Prince Rupert to name a few

"mick's my wife, and we can't get divorced"

"Alright keith, gimmie some of them women"

"And now, dressed as mick jagga........mick jagga"

AIM- ohnonotyouagainn

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 17, 2006 06:15

As for movie stars, Remember Jack Nicholson in the Stripped video?

Think he said the concert almost gave him a heart attack!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 17, 2006 06:20

i saw a slew of them at the wiltern in '02 - eddie murphy was the most famous, though i had an interesting interaction with benecio del toro in the smoking section (and later). i saw jack nicholson at the anaheim pond in '99 - mick pointed him out and he stood up for the spotlight.

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: January 17, 2006 06:32

All the Hollywood shows are loaded with celebrities in the audience. William Shatner was at the Hollywood Bowl show last year. He was probably the only one in the audience older than the band.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 17, 2006 06:53

Me and my girlfriends Teri Hatcher and Eva Longoria.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: January 17, 2006 07:58

Clinton introduced the Stones at the free global warming concert in LA in 2003, calling them "the greatest rock and roll band of all time."

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 17, 2006 08:16

The king and queen of Sweden were in the audience in Stockholm '98.

Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: January 17, 2006 08:25

what rich famous person hasn't seen the stones?

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: January 17, 2006 09:22

Coke Malla :-)

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: January 17, 2006 09:42

Rene Russo.

In 1972, the 17 year old Rene was attending a Rolling Stones concert when she was approached by John Crosby, a scout and manager from International Creative Management. He told her she should be a model and had test photos made of her. Within a few months, Rene signed a contract with Ford Modeling Agency and within a year had become a successful print and photographers model. [www.imdb.com]

Posted by: curt ()
Date: January 17, 2006 09:46

Vaclav Havel??

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 17, 2006 09:54

Didn't Bill and Charlie play for Princess Di at one of the Prince's Trust concerts, perhaps 1983?

Other than that, I would think it would be Bill Clinton.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 17, 2006 10:36

Old Satan, 1969?

Date: January 17, 2006 12:40

ISleptWithLisaFischer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Umm tom hanks, bill murry, eddie murphy, bill
> clinton, Prince Rupert to name a few
>

Prince Rupert is famous? Since when?

Date: January 17, 2006 12:46

DGA35 Wrote:
> Didn't Bill and Charlie play for Princess Di at
> one of the Prince's Trust concerts, perhaps 1983?

dunno about that, but now you mention it, Jagger duetted on Dancing in The Street with Bowie at the Princes Trust show at Wembley Arena in 1986 (they werent happy with the performance so it wasnt televised)
>
> Other than that, I would think it would be Bill
> Clinton.

I would say so. A US President, along with the Pope, the Queen and (in the 90s anyway) probably Nelson Mandela would be the most internationally recognised people in the world - although these days you could probably add Bin Laden or Saddam Hussein to that list - and none of them have been to a Stones concert.

I know Mandela was fond of hob-nobbing with celebrities but to the best of my knowledge he wasnt at the Stones Jo'burg shows in 1995

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 17, 2006 12:55

Gazza Wrote:

> I would say so could probably add Bin Laden or Saddam
> Hussein to that list - and none of them have been
> to a Stones concert.

I'm relieved to hear it!

Date: January 17, 2006 12:58

LOL..can you imagine it?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home