Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Live Solo on DVD?
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 1, 2006 04:20

How many live shows did Mick play solo? I recall seeing a tape of a huge show (my memory says Tokyo?), where he was dressed in a purple jacket. Is this available? Is it any good?

Re: Mick Live Solo on DVD?
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 1, 2006 19:00

mick at webster hall is good. played 1 show in nyc. played most of wandering spirit.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 1, 2006 19:11

I am not sure which show JJFlash is talking about. Might be referring to two different events; i.e. albums. The very few shows for Spirit (one of them beign Webster Hall)were good from what I recall. On a relative scale.
But the Far east tour that you are inquiring about drbryant IMO (and to most Stoners) was a true embarrassment and an outrage. He, Jagger took this band of whankers including Satriani, and made a mockery of the Stones' heritage. Thank God he only exposed himself very far away. I know it deosn't sound right to dismiss the far East in such a manner, but commercially speaking, in a capialist sense, it is "Only" the far east. Jagger knew what he was doing. he was trying it out as inconspicuously as possible. I don't know which was worse: those terrible new jaggertunes from Primitve Cool with their 80's production values, or his bitchering/butchering of Stones classics.
Keith said it too in some interviews" If I need to go play solo, and I don't, but if I did, I certainly would not have my setlist be mnade up of 12- 15 Stonestunes.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 4, 2006 00:55

That sounds right. They were probably terrible, but I would like to have one of those shows, just for the record.

A lot of artists do things in Japan that they would never try in the US or Europe -- mainly because the crowds are very polite, and they will pay. Sometimes, it is great for Japan -- I remember when George Harrison and Eric Clapton went on tour in Japan in 1991 or so, and they played a bunch of stadiums, just to "see how things would go." Everything went well, so we were all waiting for them to announce tours elsewhere but it never happened.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1724
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home