Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

for download: keith live with clapton, 1986 - "cocaine"
Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 23, 2005 00:39

I grabbed this track from a clapton show on dimeadozen. keith is also out there for the next track, which happened to be "layla," but he hardly plays anything. Which is too bad, as I was more curious to hear how he would fare on that song than this one. But he takes a pretty nice solo here, even going to that fast chromatic run he had been working on since '75. Good recording.

I didn't grab the rest of the show.

[s39.yousendit.com]

cc

Re: for download: keith live with clapton, 1986 - "cocaine"
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 23, 2005 00:48

it's a pretty generic '86 Clapton show - KR's contributions to both songs are rather negligible.

Off the top of my head, KR's two greatest guest appearances are:

1) Let it Rock with Rockpile
2) People Who Dies with Jim Carroll Band

he tore the roof down on both occasions....

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: December 23, 2005 01:15

I thought he had made a good contridution with Sheryl Crow on her '99 centraql park show and her 2002 club shows.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 23, 2005 01:36

Would like to hear those rockpile and jim carroll tracks... sheryl, ehh, I'll take your word for it.

keith appears in a recent film about new orleans music that ironically opened during the immediate aftermath of the hurricane. He sings fats domino's "I'm Ready" (diff from the muddy waters tune) in front of a great band and plays some nice licks in his "rhythm fill" mode, which is just right for this track. Also playing guitar is walter "wolfman" washington, whom the movie introduced me to -- he is excellent!

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: December 23, 2005 05:42

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.....

You don't like this ??????

Gives me shivvers...

Just a small idea of how great these two could be on a duo if they worked their stuff out a bit... one of the all-time great guitar duo's that never was...

I think Keith's idea here is just NOT to get in Eric's way, just add taste and punctuation... and if they had a sound check on this it probably wasn't much at all... if these guys work out their arrangements, they would be murder.

Plus, as it is the song is a bit "over-instrumentalized", especially with the keyboards that don't do that much justice towards the end... could have ratcheted them down.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-23 05:43 by BornOnTheBayou.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 23, 2005 05:46

Didn't say I didn't like it - but if you didn't know Keith was on the track, you wouldn't even notice.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: December 23, 2005 09:38

BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if these guys work out their
> arrangements, they would be murder.
>
>

Eric never had any guitar collaboration that sounded like Keith... too bad, it's like he missed a whole chunk of what his songbook could sound like... Clapton was almost always focused on anthemic solos or "battle of the guitar" type lead exchanges... no ?

Keith's contributions to this song, though not overpowering, just have a sweet sound that if Eric could adjust to, which of course he could, you'd have an incredible duo here.

There's still hope! They're both breathing !

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-23 09:38 by BornOnTheBayou.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home