Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

abb so far
Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: December 19, 2005 05:12

what do you think? three months after its release?

Re: abb so far
Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: December 19, 2005 05:20

still love it....it's only gotten better

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Date: December 19, 2005 05:23

i agree. i now kike the worst songs exept maybe biggest mistake

Posted by: highanddry ()
Date: December 19, 2005 05:33

Another dust collector from the Stones, to go with every other dust collecting CD they've issued in the last 20 years. Sorry, I wish it were not so.

Date: December 19, 2005 05:37

to high and dry - what are you doing on this forum high and drY?

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: December 19, 2005 05:54

Actually just finished listening to it for first time in a couple of weeks -
sounded doggone good !!!!!!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 19, 2005 12:14

stonedmike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> to high and dry - what are you doing on this forum
> high and drY?

Easy dude. He just don't like it, which is cool enough. At least WE like it right?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2005 12:19

I like it. It sounds even better the louder I play it. The only 2 songs i don't like on it are Streets Of Love and Biggest Mistake. But all in all it's a fun record to listen to. I think it's their best since Tattoo.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: December 19, 2005 12:20

yep, we do. Easily the best album since undercover. I still think it's two or three songs too long, but overall ok. Hope that one day they'll play more songs from it on stage...

(I'm addicted to Driving Too Fast, love it!)

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 19, 2005 12:23

Their best since Tatoo You. Listen to it regularly. " Let me down slow " is a top achievement.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 19, 2005 14:29

Runner up to "Exile"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 19, 2005 14:35

Still love it. Still cant warm to 'NeoCon' and 'Infamy' much, but 2 out of 16 (or 18) aint bad. Three favourites are still Laugh I Nearly Died, Dangerous Beauty and Biggest Mistake.

'Under the radar' should have been on the original release, though

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: December 19, 2005 14:52

Agree with phd- Let me down slow really grows and is a strong, technically sounding piece. RJ and ONNYA still get plenty of volume attention and Gazza's right IMO, Under the Radar should have been on the original, but I think Mick knew I'd be buying the "special edition" smiling smiley

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: December 19, 2005 14:54

Haven't heard it for 6 or 7 weeks now and have no desire to do so. It's getting boring after a while. I could listen to Sticky Fingers, Let It Bleed etc. everday 5 times in a row.

The songwriting on ABB is bad and it's not gettin' better with time.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: December 19, 2005 15:08

Three months after ABB was released I would give it a score of 7 out of 10.
The only song I'm not that excited about is Infamy.

Best tracks IMO -

1. Laugh I Nearly Died
2. Back Of My Hand
3. Rough Justice
4. Driving To Fast
5. Sweet NeoCon

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: December 19, 2005 15:11

Surprised that many people don't like biggest mistake. It is one of my highlights.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 19, 2005 15:15

Haven't bought it (yet), spent all my money on two tickets sad smiley

Posted by: KillRill ()
Date: December 19, 2005 15:59

still love it and
ONNYA
Laugh I Nearly Died
Rough Justice
are alredy classics for me

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: December 19, 2005 16:48

i cant get rain falldown oy of my head.....also let me down slow

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 19, 2005 16:54

i still like it..but not as much as i did when it was 1st released..
if s.fingers & let it bleed is a 10 and dirty works is a 5. then i put bang right in the middle.....just above bridges and v.l......and under some girls, t.y., black n blue and iorr...
good album, but the boys got to give it another try...while they are still hot!

Posted by: highanddry ()
Date: December 19, 2005 17:06

stonedmike Wrote:
> to high and dry - what are you doing on this forum
> high and drY?

What a silly question.

How old are you, stonedmike? Old enough to remember the day Satisfaction first hit the radio airwaves? Old enough to remember the utter thrill you/I felt every time Top 40 radio played it that summer? I absolutely remember the hair standing on the back of my neck every time Keith's fuzz tone riff cut thru the AM band like a chainsaw.

I kind of doubt you were there back then, though I'm willing to stand corrected if need be.

I don't subscribe to the view that I have to unequivocally love every single thing my favorite rock band does in order to participate in this or any other forum. This demand that we be uncritical, unthinking cheerleaders for whatever and whomever we profess to enjoy and love is childish and immature.

I love the Boston Red Sox, but I don't think every game they play is sheer perfection. I love Monet's impressionist art, but I don't enjoy every painting he ever did. I love The Sopranos on HBO, but I don't think every episode is sheer magnificent scriptwriting genius.

And I love the Rolling Stones, but I disagree that this album is greatness revisited. I'm actually sad that it sounds like formulaic Grade C product. It sounded good at first to me, and then very very quickly faded away, especially given the lack of powerful musical hooks and the especially clumsy lyrical content from top to bottom.

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: December 19, 2005 17:38

can´t agree at all with highanddry - but i consider myself in spite of this a critic person!

i still love ABB. My favourites are still It won´t take long, ONNYA, Laugh I Nearly Died, and Driving too fast! Dangerous Beauty, RFD and SOL don´t rank among my favorities, but all other songs i really like! Like some others i ihink 'Under the radar' should have been on the original release!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 19, 2005 17:59

About 5 cringe-worthy songs - but thanks to the opportunities afforded by CDR, I listen to a copy of ABB sans those songs, added the two Special Edition cuts (am I the only one that loves Wanna Go Home?) and 3 from Forty Licks. I must say that I think the 3 FL songs are better than most of the ABB tracks.

On the whole, it's nice to have the album but it does little if anything to enhance the band's legacy and I could argue it may even detract somewhat.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: December 19, 2005 18:19

It's only improved with age,
which for me is the acid test
for a great album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: December 19, 2005 21:46

Also like Biggest Mistake - still don't like Sweet Neo-Con (except lyrics)

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 19, 2005 22:13

Meise,

When I read that line from Erthegun taken out from an interview if I remember well ( btw 1971-1973) I found it as great as the tongue, so true. Thanks to remember it on your posts.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 19, 2005 22:39

phd Wrote:
> Meise,
>
> When I read that line from Erthegun taken out from
> an interview if I remember well ( btw 1971-1973) I
> found it as great as the tongue, so true. Thanks
> to remember it on your posts.

true. now if you folks would just learn to spell his name (hint: take out the "h")

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: December 19, 2005 23:14

If anything I like it even better now, and I loved it when it was first released. Best album since Some Girls and its even better with the two new special edition tracks, Under The Radar and Don't Wanna Go Home. Those should have been on it to begin with, but then again it was nice to get two great new songs so soon after ABB came out.

I still don't like Streets Of Love, Infamy and Driving Too Fast, but I have really warmed up to Let Me Down Slow and Biggest Mistake. All the rest are terrific, although my favorites are Rough Justice, Oh No Not You Again, Back Of My Hand and It Won't Take Long.

But Under The Radar is just a notch below those, closely followed by Don't Wanna Go Home, She Saw Me Coming, Laugh I Nearly Died and Look What The Cat Dragged In. It occurs to me that when I tried to list my favorite tracks from the album, I ended up mentioning nearly every one of them. That's the mark of a great recording!

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: December 19, 2005 23:16

ok...............thats all

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home