Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Incredible: Red Hot Chili Peppers Reveal why Stones concerts have lost some groove.... " Nobody is Rocking Out"
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 16, 2005 22:16

Itsbecause rich people,are not wild!!(accept Keith Moon,)And we also have, Keith!

Re: Incredible: Red Hot Chili Peppers Reveal why Stones concerts have lost some groove.... " Nobody is Rocking Out"
Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: December 16, 2005 22:45

mttlacroix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw an RCHP sow on their last tour in the ACC in
> Toronto, and it was excellent: no props, loud but
> clear, crowd was rocking, pure rock n roll.
>
> not to say the stones dont deliver that, but its
> nice to see a "younger" band deliver that.
>
> the stones are in a league of their own.

Alot of you people who "claim" to have seen the RHCP "way back when" or "in their prime" would do well to read Mttlacroix comments above...

The last RHCP tour was INCREDIBLE... saw 'em at Jones Beach, Milwaukee, Kansas City and Chicago... each show was dynamite...

At Chicago Tweeter Center everyone was on their feet from the opening chords to "By the Way"... my friend's wife, we had to stand her on a chair so she could see over the crowd... just awesome energy like the Stones shows USED to have before the audience became so sedentary.

You haters are probably the fat-azz CPA-types who can't rock to anything anymore. If you can't rock to the RHCP live then you need your central nervous system examined.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-16 22:47 by BornOnTheBayou.

Posted by: gut ()
Date: December 16, 2005 23:06

I'd rather listen to Their Statanic Majestie's Request all day than listen to one Red Hot Chilli Pepper song......just my opinion though.

If you have ever heard Flea sing, it will take away your appetite for all things RHCP.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Date: December 16, 2005 23:10

gut Wrote:

> If you have ever heard Flea sing, it will take
> away your appetite for all things RHCP.

Just so you're aware... Flea isn't a SINGER... he's hands-down the greatest Bass player who ever lived.

It's just a question of who's second because first place there's no question who that is... nobody even close.

And with Flea on Bass and Chad Smith on drums, you have easily one of the greatest rhythm sections in history.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-16 23:25 by BornOnTheBayou.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 16, 2005 23:30

I have to admit that this is probably the truth , most of it anyway

Posted by: gut ()
Date: December 16, 2005 23:46

+++Just so you're aware... Flea isn't a SINGER...++++

Uh, duh, BayouBorn. Geez, I know that...but I saw him make a late-night musical appearance on some talk show one time and he is Bad....not in a good way either.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: December 17, 2005 00:49

"he's hands-down the greatest Bass player who ever lived"

and on that bombshell we can finally award the IORR 'arse of the year' trophy to little bayou

he's put in some sterling howlers all year long. but for that one he takes the crown

rise up Sir Arsealot. you have knighted yourself!

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: December 17, 2005 00:50

andy js Wrote:
> >
> "pure rock n roll"
>
> the RHCP's ... are you sure mttlacroix ?

i thought so anyways.

but i will restate the fact that the stones are on a level of their own with their shows. also, im only 18, so i havent seen as many live acts as some of you.

Date: December 17, 2005 01:13

andy js Wrote:
> >
> "he's hands-down the greatest Bass player who ever
> lived"
>
>
> and on that bombshell we can finally award the
> IORR 'arse of the year' trophy to little bayou
>
> he's put in some sterling howlers all year long.
> but for that one he takes the crown
>
> rise up Sir Arsealot. you have knighted yourself!

Yeah, "Andy JS", like you're a great judge of bass players...

If you don't think Flea's one of the greatest ever, then you're the "arse"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 17, 2005 01:21

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > burned out? their last couple of albums have
> each
> > sold about 10-12 million copies
> >
> > they're actually at their commercial peak
>
>
> (You probably already know what my reply will be
> )
> .....And Britney sold how many??? Commercial peak
> doesn't mean good music. They sure sound burned
> out on the recent records IMO. "Blood, Sugar, Sex,
> Magik" was cool, but "Californication"??? Please.

wasnt equating commercial appeal with good music - one is based on fact, one on personal taste

you're implying they're as good as finished. Hardly

Like I said earlier, people get ridiculously defensive at anything negative posted about anything to do with the Stones - even when the band's performances or output isnt even being mentioned, let alone criticised. Anyone who's been to Stones shows over the last few years can see that the crowds have become lamer and more conservative with each tour. For reasons that Kiedis and many others have already stated numerous times.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-17 01:27 by Gazza.

Date: December 17, 2005 02:17

what a stunning reply bayou!

lol

i'm sure that took all of an hour to cook up

Date: December 17, 2005 02:20

andy js Wrote:
> > what a stunning reply bayou!
>
> lol
>
> i'm sure that took all of an hour to cook up

Let's see andy is the brilliant poster who has enlightened us with:

1) Can't stand the RHCP "cod-funk" what ever that is

2) "I saw them in their hayday when you were listening to warrant" and something about "wanking off"

Andy you're obviously a sh*thead with absolutely no knowledge of this particular band... just relying on what you experienced "in your heyday" which is obviously long gone.

Andy JS... bet you were really something in your "heyday", pissant.

Date: December 17, 2005 02:35

LMAO

keep em coming Sir Arsealot

your award seems more fitting every time you let off another stink bomb

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: December 17, 2005 02:56

Hey Andy js,

Bayou Boy (now christened "Sir Arsealot") is the guy that never misses an opportunity to praise 80's poodle-pop hair metal bands, has wet dreams about CC Deville replacing Ron Wood, his favorite album is by a Creedence tribute band, and has actually said that Bon Jovi is one of the greatest LIVE CONCERT ACTS ever!

Consider it a compliment when he attempts to slam you for having different taste in music!!

I do like the Peppers, however. Flea is amazing, but best ever? Nah. Jaco Pastorios maybe? John Entwhistle? Macca? Good topic for another thread.

Ross

Posted by: buck ()
Date: December 17, 2005 03:06

I am a CPA and I go absolutely apeshit at Stones concerts. On bhalf of all wild CPAs, I am very offended by Anthony's comments.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: December 17, 2005 05:44

I blame Ronnie smiling smiley

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 17, 2005 06:15

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > burned out? their last couple of albums have
> each
> > sold about 10-12 million copies
> >
> > they're actually at their commercial peak
>
>
> (You probably already know what my reply will be
> )
> .....And Britney sold how many??? Commercial peak
> doesn't mean good music. They sure sound burned
> out on the recent records IMO. "Blood, Sugar, Sex,
> Magik" was cool, but "Californication"??? Please.
>
>
> JUNE 8TH 2006 IN DENMARK BABY!!!!!!!! COUNT ME
> IN!!!!!!!!

Kent ol' buddy ol'pall, it doesnt matter what you anybody thinks of them music whise! He could be in AC/DC or Macca or Maroon 5 or whatever band you like, he makes comments on opening for the stones not if he thinks he is better or something like that.
Everybody is getting so offensive if someone says something about the stones. Me personoly think it is fun to read if the stones are acting arrogant.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: December 17, 2005 06:54

Ross Wrote:
> Hey Andy js,
>
> Bayou Boy (now christened "Sir Arsealot") is the
> guy that never misses an opportunity to praise
> 80's poodle-pop hair metal bands, has wet dreams
> about CC Deville replacing Ron Wood, his favorite
> album is by a Creedence tribute band, and has
> actually said that Bon Jovi is one of the greatest
> LIVE CONCERT ACTS ever!
>
> Consider it a compliment when he attempts to slam
> you for having different taste in music!!
>
> I do like the Peppers, however. Flea is amazing,
> but best ever? Nah. Jaco Pastorios maybe? John
> Entwhistle? Macca? Good topic for another
> thread.
>
> Ross

Yeah, pond-scum Ross re-surfaces from the bottom of the Kitty Litter box... and shoots his wad of stored-up insults

Beyond the insults, we have the usual musical ignorance from Ross... oh yeah, sure, John Entwistle is a better bassist than Flea, yeah right, or Macca, for sure he's better, much faster and intricate than Flea ever played. Why don't you drag out Les Claypool while youre at it...

The fact is, Ross, Flea is the "Jimi Hendrix" of the bass, he's not in the shadow of any of these great players.

Oh, almost forgot, Ross has never been to an RHCP concert, but that's not standing in the way of his "expertise".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-17 06:57 by BornOnTheBayou.

Date: December 17, 2005 07:16

Whatever you say, Bayou boy!

I was talking to Andy.

Ross

Date: December 17, 2005 07:20

Ross Wrote:
> Whatever you say, Bayou boy!
>
> I was talking to Andy.

Well you certainly keep impressive company...

Now crawl back under the kitty litter box.

Date: December 17, 2005 07:23

You are beyond idiot. The joke of this board and not even aware of it!

Ross

Date: December 17, 2005 07:34

Ross Wrote:
> You are beyond idiot. The joke of this board and
> not even aware of it!
>

I know you are.... You and your buddy Andy JS... 2 winners there.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 17, 2005 07:36

BayouDude- Anthony Keidas couldn't carry Mick's jockstrap let alone carry a tune.

Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: December 17, 2005 07:41

Anthony should know better than to slag the Stones. The Pepper's have had many problems through the years, yet have survived. Longevity in Rock is rare. To slag a band,(that he consider's the 2nd most important band ever) reeks of effects of his own drug abuse and bitterness. The Stones paved the way for bands like the Chili's. Get a clue Dude and put down the needle.

Date: December 17, 2005 07:42

Midnight Toker Wrote:
> BayouDude- Anthony Keidas couldn't carry Mick's
> jockstrap let alone carry a tune.
>

Oh, thanks for that Toker Dude...

Now I have this "wisdom" from Toker Dude... let's see " Ant Kiedis can't carry Micks jockstrap..." youre probably one of those guys who can't Rock anymore.

Like YOU could even vacuum the carpet of any musician / songwriter of their caliber.... one hugely successful album after the other, one great tour after the other, legions of fans going to numerous gigs each tour, 80,000 at Slane Castle...

Oh, and almost forgot, "Toker Dude" hasn't attended any live RHCP gigs either... have you at least made it to any Stones gigs this tour ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-17 07:52 by BornOnTheBayou.

Date: December 17, 2005 08:38

BayouDude or Dudette- How long have you been playing guitar? As far as to whether or not I can or cannot rock,there is an old cliche that comes to mind:

"I may be too old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar."

Your mother should have scolded you as a youth for eating too many paint chips.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 17, 2005 08:49

Who is Red Hot Chiki Mustard. Never heard about them. My boy just told me that they were n°1 in faraway Alaska. Great news.

Date: December 17, 2005 08:56

Bayou- 1994 Voodoo Lounge, and I saw the RHCP's open for Pearl Jam. I've seen them. Nothing special. Keidas isn't much of a vocalist. I will say Flea is a fine bassist.

The question is, could the layperson name three RHCP songs right off of the tops of their heads. I doubt it.

Will The RHCP's leave a legacy? Nope.

By the way, I've been playing guitar for 34 years. And I believe you were the guy who thought that SRV was overrated.

Could someone find this fellow, Bayou, a doctor.

Date: December 17, 2005 09:26

Midnight Toker Wrote:
> Bayou- 1994 Voodoo Lounge, and I saw the RHCP's
> open for Pearl Jam.

Your information is truly over 10 years old then. The early 90's was a true low-point in the band also, for that matter... Slovak was dead, Frusciante was unreliable, alot of dis-connect with Dave Navarro... not to mention they didn't have EITHER the Californication or By the Way songs... that's like you saw the Stones BEFORE they had Sticky Fingers, Exile, and Let it Bleed. The RHCP is such a different band from the early 90's.

>
> The question is, could the layperson name three
> RHCP songs right off of the tops of their heads. I
> doubt it.

That's not even remotely how you determine whether a band has great musicianship. For that matter, can the average "layperson" name 3 Who songs or 3 Moody Blues Songs or 3 Stevie Ray Vaughan songs or 3 Allman Brothers songs or 3 Derek and the Dominoes songs or 3 Johnny Winter songs ?

And I think "the layperson" who does any remote amount of music-listening can identify Scar Tissue, Californication, Give it Away, Higher Ground, Otherside, and Knock Me Down... those songs are so "out there" in MTV land.

>
> Will The RHCP's leave a legacy? Nope.

Sh*t, where have you been ? They already have. 2 phenomenal Rick Rubin albums in the past 6 years, one the Grammy "Album of the Year", a hugely successful world tour...

... where have you been ???

And if the definition of "legacy" is a rabid fan base, very creative & poetic songwriting, and especially UNIQUE SOUND that no other band remotely has, not to mention the "Bass Player Hall of Fame" greatest bassist ever, then the RHCP has a major legacy in American music.

>
> By the way, I've been playing guitar for 34 years.
> And I believe you were the guy who thought that
> SRV was overrated.

Way wrong again. I was "debating" all those fools who said SRV was over-rated and "not groundbreaking". Stevie's really my all-time favorite guitarist, but there was nary a soul on that thread who thought he could even tie Jimi's shoes, and I thought that was plain wrong, his blues stuff is MUCH more interesting than any blues Hendrix ever did IMO.

>
> Could someone find this fellow, Bayou, a doctor.

Someone get this guy a pair of glasses so he can read the SRV posts.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-17 10:51 by BornOnTheBayou.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: December 17, 2005 09:53

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
>
> And I have to agree with him. Stones audiences in
> USA are o9lder people with a lot of money. Last
> three times I saw them in USA the crowd was
> TERRIBLE!

I disagree that Stones audiences in the USA are older people with a lot of money. A significant portion of the audience is older and has a lot of money, but I'd say the majority of the audience isn't in that category. The people with the best sets, the ones upfront, certainly fall into that category, though. Which is why to an opener onstage it must seem boring and corporate because they only see those first ten rows clearly. Me and my friends are back in the midpriced or cheap seats rocking out, and all the people in our sections are as well!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home