Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Percy Plant
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: December 13, 2005 01:05

just got back from seeing old Bob Plant in Wolverhampton

absolutely tremendous!

lots of new stuff (thankfully considering Mighty Reearranger is a classic) and a few old Zep tunes too (but not too many)

90 mins maximum. no fuss, no frills, just good ol' rock n roll like it should be

Percy i salute you!

25 quid, stand where u like, no bullshit stage props & sold out. top notch!

Re: Percy Plant
Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: December 13, 2005 01:51

Yeah, I loved it too in Montreal, one of the best rock concerts I have ever attended!
The new material had an incredible edge to it, lots of feedback work from Skin Tyson, drummer was firing all the time. All this had a real different feeling and texture from the album, and Plant's voice was also tops...
And I loved the suspense building, with the introductory tape!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: December 13, 2005 09:56

I've seen Plant five times, most recently when he opened for The Who in 2002, but haven't had a chance to catch him on this tour. Mighty Rearranger is an awesome album, though. Best of the year in 2005 in my opinion, even better than A Bigger Bang, and I love A Bigger Bang.

I have a boot of a Plant concert from this year in France and he and his band sound great. I didn't mind at all that the performance was only 90 minutes long (about 14 songs), although if the Stones did that they'd get crucified by their fans, who still aren't happy with 20 songs in 2 hours. Plant did play 7 or 8 numbers from his new album, though, which I'd love to see the Stones do.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 13, 2005 10:56

Saw him last summer in Paris and was just great...Sorry to missed him last month.
What a classy guy....

My 18yo son was so amazed...

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: December 13, 2005 11:14

> "I've seen Plant five times, most recently when he opened for The Who in 2002"

I could never get my head around that.

Like Jagger opening for U2.
Just don't add up.

I missed him by a couple of days ealier this year in Vegas. Lousy timing I guess.
:0(

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: December 13, 2005 12:01

I'm playing Mighty Rearranger again after shelving it for some time. Great record. I'm downloading a couple of shows from earlier this year. When they're complete, I'll post some songs.

Hope he'll visit Holland next year, no dutch dates yet, so maybe I'll have to drive to Lille in march...

Date: December 13, 2005 13:22

Bob Plant? smiling smiley

Date: December 13, 2005 13:51

saw him in Berlin in April - I really would like to see him again next year - are the any tour-dates for 2006 so far?

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: December 13, 2005 14:00

Someone knows if he will play Spain?

Date: December 13, 2005 14:22

if i see him tonight i'll ask him

lol

going to california was AMAZING last night. but for me the main highlights were the new songs

if only i could say that about the Stones

Posted by: moonsup ()
Date: December 13, 2005 14:27

saw him in dublin last week and he shook me all night long. looked a bit like m. e. smith in poodle perm wig tho, besides that what a voice! couldnt agree more on new album, difficult to choose between it and abb for album of year. but hey thats silly they both rock. a live cd frm percy would do very nicely...

Date: December 13, 2005 15:05

talking of a live album. i noticed they recorded the gig last night. they had lots of mics around the desk area to capture the hometown atmosphere

i think he may have had a bit of a perm too. his curls were tighter than a knats chuff

Date: December 13, 2005 16:45

Robert Plant, live in Paris, sept. 2005

Black Dog --> [s60.yousendit.com]

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: December 13, 2005 16:52

monkey man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > "I've seen Plant five times, most recently
> when he opened for The Who in 2002"
>
> I could never get my head around that.
>
> Like Jagger opening for U2.
> Just don't add up.
>

I'd rather see him as a headliner, but I didn't mind him opening for The Who. Espcially because I would have seen them each separately, so I got two shows for the price of one. The Who were around before Zeppelin and were one of Plant's inspirations as a young aspiring rocker, so it's sort of fitting that he opened for them. Now when he opened for Lenny Kravitz a few years ago, I thought that sucked. Should have definitely been the other way around!

Date: December 13, 2005 17:08

Robert Plant, live in Paris, sept 2005

Mighty Rearanger --> [s52.yousendit.com]

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: December 13, 2005 17:59

I think that accepting being the opener for the who and even lenny karvits says many things of this incredible singer. He also has the feet on the floor and doesn't mind about those things. He is a musician.

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: December 13, 2005 18:11

monkey man Wrote:
> > "I've seen Plant five times, most recently
> when he opened for The Who in 2002"
>
> I could never get my head around that.
>
>

The Who beats the crap out of Zeppelin.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: December 13, 2005 18:38

Mr. edward, I thank you for those mp3s. Very interesting -- "Black Dog" has undergone some unexpected transformations over the years, from Dread Zeppelin's "Elvis does Zep in da reggae style" thru Page/Plant's eastern-influenced version on the "Unledded" DVD and now Plant's 21st century interpretation. "Mighty Rearranger" was cool, too.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: December 13, 2005 18:55

Mighty Rearranger, I love it, contains something deeply LZ.
Great lyrics on Tin Pan Valley.

Oily.

Pssst - Spanish tickets in the morning, yeah!

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: December 13, 2005 19:58

This sounds like good news! I kind of lost track of Percy around 1990. Before that I had seen him 3 times between 85 and 90. Always puts on a great show. I hope he makes it thru my neck of the woods soon, I think its been around 10 years since the last time and that was with Jimmy Page.

Posted by: hoodooyouvoodoo ()
Date: December 13, 2005 20:29

if anyone has a plant show for trade Ive plenty of Stones. Oops wrong forum!

Date: December 13, 2005 20:51

Percy in France next spring :

15 Mars - Amiens
17 Mars - Rouen
18 Mars - Anger
21 Mars - Lille
24 Mars - Tunis
27 Mars - Montpellier
28 Mars - Saint Etienne
30 Mars - Pau
31 Mars - Clermont Ferrand
02 Avril - Muhlouse
07 Avril - Amnéville

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: December 14, 2005 04:43

"The Who beats the crap out of Zeppelin."

Well I prefer the Who to LZ but I wouldn't go as far as that.
They're respectively my third and fourth fave acts ever.

The fact is that Zeppelin are 10 times bigger now - and in the 70s than the Who.

I agree I would be stoked seeing the two in the one nite - a dream come true - and that it shows Plant has his feet on the ground.

Just odd that the lead singer of the world's biggest ever band behind the Beatles would open for anyone.

Particularly a group that his band was outselling in the 70s about 20 to 1.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: eric ()
Date: December 14, 2005 04:58

Monkey- Thats the beauty of plant right now... he gave his ego up. Tix are 65 bucks for best seats. Small areana's and plays the way he wants to. he is soo relaxed and smooth. Its truly really cool to see such a legend so humble about himself and even makes fun of himself on stage....go and see him if you can on this tour

Date: December 14, 2005 12:24

hoodooyouvoodoo Wrote:
> if anyone has a plant show for trade Ive plenty of
> Stones. Oops wrong forum!

Well, go to mininova and search for plant. That's what I did yesterday and it resulted in two plant shows from this year. If that doesn't work, mail me. I'll send you a copy.

www.mininova.com or www.mininova.org

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1490
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home