Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie on slide
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: December 10, 2005 10:31

Who else agrees Ronnie is awesome on slide? He still is nowadays. He makes a few dumbass mistakes with his fingers but his slide is still tight. Why doesn't he just play slide on songs like Tumbling Dice? I'm sure it would be cool.

Re: Ronnie on slide
Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: December 10, 2005 10:35

I do agree.
yes good idea about tumbling dice...that would sure sound great !
Ron, if you read this message, please try your slide touch on this one.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 10, 2005 11:14

I love his slide. Ronnie is a master on it.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: December 11, 2005 04:05

I do agree, too.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 11, 2005 04:09

I wish he'd play it more

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: December 11, 2005 04:57

Agreed. Ronnie's arthritis or whatever condition it is that seems to make his left hand function as if he were wearing clay mittens would pretty much be neutralized on slide.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: December 11, 2005 07:35

Woody is one of the great slide players. Don't forget the lap steel and Pedal Steel, which is a really hard instrument to master.

Milo, NYC
Just around midnight

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 11, 2005 11:34

RW is a hot slide and pedal steel player. His solo on "Out Of Tears" is quite tasty.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 11, 2005 19:08

i tend to agree - i've posted this elsewhere, too. he obviously is having more and more problems with the left hand in straight playing. don't forget that he basically made a name for himself as a slide player in the first place - it was astounding how little slide he played when first joining the Stones (no slide playing, for instance, on his first 3 studio albums with the lads).

slide playing is a much easier thing to do - many "hacks" in the blues field have gone onto fame (Hound Dog Taylor acknowledged himself he couldn't play shit, for instance). RW "gets by" much better on slide...he has a good feel for it. He doesn't play with the "fire" he used to on slide, but by comparison to his straight playing, he's still a veritable master.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home