Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Just a dream...
Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: December 8, 2005 23:19

I've purchased two great items today:

Bruce Springsteen's and Patti Smith's 30th anniversary editions of their famous albums "Born To Run" and "Horses".

Bruce added a full concert DVD from Hammersmith Odeon 1975 in absolutely awesome quality, Patti re-recorded the complete "Horses" album in London in 2005 and released it as a bonus CD - awesome, too!

The Rolling Stones released "Rarities".......

My dream: The Rolling Stones released a complete DVD from L.A. Forum 1975 to complete the triumvirate of the most important rock acts 1975 - just think about that - it's not easy to keep cold blooded about that and to keep "Rarities" from becoming a flying saucer right through your living room window....

As I said....just a dream....

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Re: Just a dream...
Posted by: swsfo ()
Date: December 9, 2005 07:14

First saw the Stones in 75 (in SF) and the show was awesome - they were very much alive - and from what I have heard the shows at the L.A. Forum were great also - so would very much like to see a "75 Stones Tour of the America's - L.A. Forum Show" DVD (maybe MJ, KR or one of the others will get wind of this and we will see this offered in the future?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 9, 2005 08:44

Dreaming is not forbidden...and if we all would be die-hard fans of other artists, dreams would come true, at least sometimes.

However, we are die-hard Stones fans, and as such, let's face it, dreams will be just that -dreams- until the Stones finally call it quits and finally focus their attention on their glorious past. It is also possible that any as yet unreleased audio and video documents from their glorious past will not see the light of day in any officially sanctioned form as long as any of their key members, Mick, Keith and Charlie, are still alive. In this case we will have to wait until their estates decide that some cash-in is greatly appreciated.

Sorry to sound somewhat pessimistic, but recent non-events like the lacklustre Rarities disc (best used as a flying saucer, indeed, G. the Cock - but copy Through The Lonely Nights before, and Let It Rock) just and simply do not justify any optimism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-09 08:46 by retired_dog.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 9, 2005 10:16

I wouldn't give up hope. The RNR Circus and Criterion Gimme Shelter DVD's are great. Where is Ladies & Gentlemen . . .

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 9, 2005 14:53

RNR Circus and Gimme Shelter may well be just two exceptions from the rule...
Gimme Shelter was available before in various formats (Video, Video CD, DCD), but I must say that the Criterion Remaster Version (and the bonus material in particular) is simply fantastic. Speaking of totally unreleased material, just Metamorphosis (1975) and RNR Circus (1996) come to mind...that's a twenty years time span. If this schedule is still valid, Ladies & Gentlemen might appear sometime around 2015...how old will you be then?

Forget to mention that Tattoo You was more or less an archive project too, besides a couple of new tracks...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-09 14:55 by retired_dog.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2148
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home