Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 22
Re: Houston TX USA show live updates - Sunday April 28, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 29, 2024 17:11

mikehat
keefriffhards
TW2019
On last IG post by Mick, he has a black face mask around his wrist that he tosses off during Start Me Up. Keith only 1 song. Then at the end Mick wouldn’t bow with Keith and Ronnie. Keith not feeling 100%? Could explain the shorter set

My thoughts exactly.

Sounds very possible.
It could even be that Jagger is the one that's not feeling 100% and he's protecting the others.
That might explain his pitch being a little off in places too.
Obviously my theory doesn't explain cutting a Keith song, but maybe there's another reason for that.

Either way, if one of them is sick, it's good that they're keeping cautious and also incredible that they still managed to perform at all.

If Mick wasn't 100% Keith would be singing three numbers.

Re: Houston TX USA show live updates - Sunday April 28, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Date: April 29, 2024 17:13

steffialicia
The Sicilian
steffialicia
Disappointed to hear that MR was not included. I'd take that over Miss You any day.

"Miss You" is clearly a chick song. "Midnight Rambler is for the fellas.

Then call me a fella!

Haha classic line smileys with beer

Date: April 29, 2024 17:15

Mick clearly has bad monitoring on Angry. He's below pitch throughout.

A good version anyhow thumbs up

Posted by: Rollingmania50 ()
Date: April 29, 2024 17:17

Keith with Covid?
(versión tonight)

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: April 29, 2024 17:24

I don’t know why people keep talking about an 11pm curfew. The show was scheduled to start at 8:00 with Gary, who got a standard 45 minutes, and the Stones were on from 9:15 to 11:15. They clearly weren’t rushing to finish before a non existent 11pm curfew. The show would have been scheduled for a 7:30 start if there was a curfew.

Keith apparently wasn’t feeling up to do 2 songs and seemed to me to spend more time than usual standing right by Steve.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 29, 2024 17:30

I have not seen the Stones since 1994 and had no plans on seeing them again ( don’t like going to concerts ) but then my daughter bought me a ticket because she wants to see them badly,
Really disappointed with set list. I don’t care for the first 5 or 6 songs and she won’t recognize many of them. Not playing Midnight rambler really sucks.
Hopefully the set list changes.

Date: April 29, 2024 17:45

swaff
Good night kiddos

Indeed green lady. Seems like the 15 minutes would’ve been MR and KEEF #2. Hopefully NOLA will be back on track.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 29, 2024 17:53

One man's dissapointment is another man's joy. Can't disagree with Stanlove's setlist complaint more. This is by far the most interesting setlist since returning to touring in 2012. No longer the same old same old. We actually get new songs for the first time since 2005/2006. If someone doesn't recognize many of the songs from the setlist, perhaps seeing The Stones isn't for you. I mean we just had 10 plus years of tours loaded with warehouses. I absolutely LOVED the setlist. Can't wait for Chicago!

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: April 29, 2024 17:54

padre69
I hope they keep Angry and Mess It Up in the set, but yesterday’s low key performance may suggest that the countdown has started for those two. It’s probably very hard to learn new songs when you’re 80. A lot easier to stick with the warhorses. But I hope I’m wrong and the new songs stay.

Low key? Were you at the show? No one in pit A thought they were low key.

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:00

stanlove
I have not seen the Stones since 1994 and had no plans on seeing them again ( don’t like going to concerts ) but then my daughter bought me a ticket because she wants to see them badly,
Really disappointed with set list. I don’t care for the first 5 or 6 songs and she won’t recognize many of them. Not playing Midnight rambler really sucks.

If you didn’t like the first 5-6 songs it might be time to consider following a different band.

Date: April 29, 2024 18:07

Halup
I don’t know why people keep talking about an 11pm curfew. The show was scheduled to start at 8:00 with Gary, who got a standard 45 minutes, and the Stones were on from 9:15 to 11:15. They clearly weren’t rushing to finish before a non existent 11pm curfew. The show would have been scheduled for a 7:30 start if there was a curfew.

Keith apparently wasn’t feeling up to do 2 songs and seemed to me to spend more time than usual standing right by Steve.

If Keith has a bug/flu and still managed to carry on, it's a credit to the man's resilience at 80 years of age, respect.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:11

Everyone seems to be sleeping in the pit. The audience hardly moves at all (see Satisfaction).

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:11

Wow just endless bitching. It just never ends

Re: Houston TX- April 28, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:13

bye bye johnny

I never noticed the clothes rack by Chuck before...

Date: April 29, 2024 18:14

Crackinup
stanlove

If you didn’t like the first 5-6 songs it might be time to consider following a different band.

No, not at all, the man is entitled to be disappointed, apart from SSOH none of the new songs work live, plus no Brown Sugar, no Rambler, no Tell Me Straight, I'd be disappointed, especially when you drop Rambler and keep Miss You.
First 5 songs were disappointing but always pleased to hear Beast Of Burden.

Edit. Just heard Rocks Off, really rocking, great version so maybe 4 out of the first 6 songs where disappointing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-29 19:05 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:15

Like any Stones shows it has it's moments. Other than short one Keith song it was pretty much as expected. Gimme Shelter should be moved back to the encores as the rest of the show is anti-climatic after that. But the backing band, mainly Chuck-Steve-Darryl are driving the band more than ever. Sometimes they seemed like the house band at open mic night.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:20

More Hot Rocks

thumbs up

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:20

To repeat what someone else said, Mick won't drop "Miss You." How about maybe leaving out "Sympathy" and putting "Midnight Rambler" back in?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:33

The problem with angry is that we are very used to the studio versión where vocals are so edited with auto tune snd dtudio tricks. In live situation things can change dramatically

[/code]

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:36

Little t&a is the closest to the original since 1982. I like it.
Anyway, Keith is the low point of the band since yesrs ago. Both in studio and live.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:36

Koen
More Hot Rocks

thumbs up

I have never, ever complained about a setlist since 1978 which was my first Stones concert. To omit a masterpiece such as MR, made me need to speak out. I hope that somehow, word gets to them and that this omission is reconsidered.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:42

Mick might have dropped MR because people expect him to go nuts on that one…Physically. He might think; I’m not doing that anymore.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:45

Has anyone considered the fact that maybe they are tired of Rambler or it has become to challenging for them to play every night? Over the years Jagger has been asked in Interviews if he ever gets tired of playing the same songs for so many years. His answer is always the same-no, if we get tired of a song, we can leave it out of the setlist for a tour or two. Perhaps, they've grown tired of Rambler. Or maybe it's just too much of a drain on the band each night. I don't know but I mean it's been played a "few" times over the years. I can't at this point say there isn't one warhorse I can't do without. Mick is 80, Keith is 80, I'm just grateful for another tour and not so worried about setlists and if Mick hits every high note. I remember seeing Buddy Guy when he was 74 years old and thinking
, how lucky am I to still get to see a 74 year old Buddy Guy perform?!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:45

KeithNacho
The problem with angry is that we are very used to the studio versión where vocals are so edited with auto tune snd dtudio tricks. In live situation things can change dramatically

[/code]

Partially true but it's quite pitchy. I'm sure within a couple of shows they'll figure it out though. They'll be in fighting shape by Seattle!

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:46

It seems to me that everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether that's bitching or not. And when the band is delivering this type of performance, but still charging $500 for tickets, then some level of bitching is to be expected. And, IMO, it is deserved.

They are to be commended for pulling this off at their age, no doubt, but it's no longer worth the price of admission to me. And I still feel like Charlie is sorely missed, by me, and also by his bandmates.

Date: April 29, 2024 18:50

Dan
Like any Stones shows it has it's moments. Other than short one Keith song it was pretty much as expected. Gimme Shelter should be moved back to the encores as the rest of the show is anti-climatic after that. But the backing band, mainly Chuck-Steve-Darryl are driving the band more than ever. Sometimes they seemed like the house band at open mic night.

You just summed up the problem i have with the Chuck era Stones set up, it's the Stones with Chuck's house band, hasn't felt authentic/ Keith's band for a long time now.
Don't get me wrong, it's still a phenomenon because of the energy these
Jagger/Richards songs give out, but there's a hint of Butlins house band about it's core.

Posted by: bobo ()

More Hot Rocks

The same every tour/concert. Why they bother is beyond me. And all kinds of theories of illness, and this and that. Hopeless.

Posted by: bauk77 ()

i think thats normal US Audience. I flew over one time to see a stones concert in the USA and it was the lamest thing i have ever witnessed and this was 20 years ago!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:51

TumblinDice76
One man's dissapointment is another man's joy. Can't disagree with Stanlove's setlist complaint more. This is by far the most interesting setlist since returning to touring in 2012. No longer the same old same old. We actually get new songs for the first time since 2005/2006. If someone doesn't recognize many of the songs from the setlist, perhaps seeing The Stones isn't for you. I mean we just had 10 plus years of tours loaded with warehouses. I absolutely LOVED the setlist. Can't wait for Chicago!

Yes, I think most fans can be fairly joyful about the new setlist. Everyone's gonna "wish" their faves are played and be a trifle disappointed when they're not but when you have a catalogue this vast it isn't possible to please everyone.

I hope more of the other new album cuts get a workout on other dates. Get Close, Depending On You, WWW, and Bite My Head Off, as well as Tell Me Straight to round out the Keith set.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 29, 2024 18:59

steffialicia
Koen
More Hot Rocks

thumbs up

I have never, ever complained about a setlist since 1978 which was my first Stones concert. To omit a masterpiece such as MR, made me need to speak out. I hope that somehow, word gets to them and that this omission is reconsidered.

Come on dude....

1978 was my first and at the time, I considered it a disappointment, especially the opener, a non-Stones song. At the time, hearing the entire "Some Girls" album was not a crowd pleaser. Now it would be fantastic.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home