Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 22
Re: Houston TX USA show live updates - Sunday April 28, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: April 29, 2024 11:53

Ouch. Angry goes not too well. Mick sings it in lower key than the rest of the band. Maybe the band should drop the tuning a bit to make it more comfortable to Mick.

Re: Houston TX USA show live updates - Sunday April 28, 2024 - The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 29, 2024 11:57

Interesting point. However on the setlist painted by Ronnie there is only one Keith song. I believe Ronnie paints his setlists at least a couple of hours before the show so it was planned earlier. While in 2012 I believe Satisfaction was on the setlist but was not played.

that is also an interesting point

perhaps it was planned a day or two ahead

i'm still convinced we'll get two songs in new orleans

Date: April 29, 2024 11:59

htw

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: April 29, 2024 12:02

Keith is on top of T&A, concentrated on his left hand positioning and did just fine, didn't notice any lapses, you are the one who is fumbling around Blueranger!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 29, 2024 12:05

ProfessorWolf

Interesting point. However on the setlist painted by Ronnie there is only one Keith song. I believe Ronnie paints his setlists at least a couple of hours before the show so it was planned earlier. While in 2012 I believe Satisfaction was on the setlist but was not played.

It was a good version of T&A, great solo, but not anywhere near his best, that ship has sailed , also hope you are right that Keith gets two songs in New Orleans.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: April 29, 2024 12:13

Wow, what a good setlist, Mick amazing as always, the guitars doing well, was impressed with Ronnie's TD solo, the bass and drums and Chanel, so powerful, nearly upstaging Mick on SSOS, goosebumps!

Date: April 29, 2024 12:19

Great to see Ronnie soloing well on SMU this year, the boy is back thumbs up

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 29, 2024 12:20

Based on a couple of clips, Mick seemed to have some problems hitting the high notes.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: April 29, 2024 12:37

Impressed with Ronnie´s TB-solo? Ok...

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: April 29, 2024 12:38

Loved Little T&A, maybe it now suits Keith to do just one song (and nail it).

Date: April 29, 2024 12:41

Topi
Based on a couple of clips, Mick seemed to have some problems hitting the high notes.

He's slowed down and the voice has deteriorated but I'm still amazed he can do this, same with Keith and Ronnie, it's a miracle we are still able to see these men do this the way they do it.

Considering it's the first show this promises to be a great tour and Keith just made a rare good start off the running blocks.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: April 29, 2024 12:46

Mess it Up and Angry are really unforgiving to sing...

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 29, 2024 12:46

Ronnie doing some backing vocals? Amazing!!

Rod

Date: April 29, 2024 12:47

MonkeyMan2000

Did you really expect Mick to sound like he does on the album.

Posted by: BlueLands ()
Date: April 29, 2024 12:49

After having re-watched the footage twice now tonight, I think Mick's vocals were a bit pitchy, wobbly and flat on the newer numbers. Maybe Chanel needs to hit more higher notes so Mick can cover the lower register ? I did however love the Sweet Sounds of Heaven encore. That alone is worth the ticket price. Believe me.

Date: April 29, 2024 12:56

keefriffhards
MonkeyMan2000

Did you really expect Mick to sound like he does on the album.

I was just saying those melodies are really quiet hard to sing and they are in a higher registered compared to most other tunes. Mick can surely sing them perfectly well if singing was all he has to do.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 29, 2024 13:04

I can only say for a band with the lead singer and guitarist are turning 81 this year: Fantastic show, with a quite nice set list!

Mathijs

Date: April 29, 2024 13:05

I'm just at home watching videos. But I'm pleasantly surprised that the two years since Berlin didn't make a difference in their performance! Not much rust to be dusted off here.

Mick surely will get more comfortable with the new tunes as the shows progress (except SSOH which was already fantastic) and maybe Keith will put a bit more balls into his playing on Mess it Up.

BTW I think it would really help if Mick played the guitar on Angry from the start. He would fill out the sound and have an excuse to just concentrate on the singing.
Also on Mess it Up it would help if he played guitar, escpecially in the bridge and outro. Keith doesn't really do these fast strumming riffs, but Mick does them well (Rain Fall Down, sometimes Miss You) and then Ronnie could do the funky single note riff.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: April 29, 2024 13:20

Yes. More balls!

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: April 29, 2024 13:32

Imo Steve doesn't play well on Start Me Up.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 29, 2024 13:37

skytrench
Keith is on top of T&A, concentrated on his left hand positioning and did just fine, didn't notice any lapses, you are the one who is fumbling around Blueranger!

Sure pal. Check the T&A video and look at Keith’s hands at 1:18 for instance…

Date: April 29, 2024 13:37

MonkeyMan2000
I'm just at home watching videos. But I'm pleasantly surprised that the two years since Berlin didn't make a difference in their performance! Not much rust to be dusted off here.

Mick surely will get more comfortable with the new tunes as the shows progress (except SSOH which was already fantastic) and maybe Keith will put a bit more balls into his playing on Mess it Up.

BTW I think it would really help if Mick played the guitar on Angry from the start. He would fill out the sound and have an excuse to just concentrate on the singing.
Also on Mess it Up it would help if he played guitar, escpecially in the bridge and outro. Keith doesn't really do these fast strumming riffs, but Mick does them well (Rain Fall Down, sometimes Miss You) and then Ronnie could do the funky single note riff.

that's what was missing thank you

i couldn't quite put my finger on it but it's that great funky little riff that repeats through the song that's missing (and charlie) and with out it it sound kinda thin

you're right mick really needs to be playing more guitar on the new numbers

Date: April 29, 2024 13:48

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf

It was a good version of T&A, great solo, but not anywhere near his best, that ship has sailed , also hope you are right that Keith gets two songs in New Orleans.

ok maybe it's not his best of all time

perhaps i just got caught up in all the excitement of the show

but i defy you to find me a better version in the last 12 years

Date: April 29, 2024 13:56

Blueranger
skytrench

Sure pal. Check the T&A video and look at Keith’s hands at 1:18 for instance…

That's the only little mishap during the whole song smiling smiley You can check his hands on 81-versions as well...

IMO, this is one of the best versions of Little T+A I've ever heard. One of the main reasons, though, is Keith's singing - he's sticking to the melody.

Date: April 29, 2024 13:56

short clip of pro shot footage for start me up

but someone's talking over the whole thing

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 29, 2024 14:01

Liking this set list - sub in Rambler for Miss You would be great :-)

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: April 29, 2024 14:08

Mathijs
I can only say for a band with the lead singer and guitarist are turning 81 this year: Fantastic show, with a quite nice set list!

Mathijs

I second this sentiment, Absolutely astonishing that they are still going. I remember the chat here during the Licks tour how it realistically should be their last tour given their age and over 20 years later they are still at it.

I wachted a few clips, too funny that Keith botched the first note of the tour! I didn't find Angry as bad as others here but it's the type of song that they always struggled with. Just a bit too slow live.
Nice set list, great to hear Beast of Burden and I like that they kept Out of Time.
Brown Sugar permanently retired I guess? Interesting Mick's view on this as he used to say about songs that they are just lyrics about something, not a personal view. All well, he can do whatever he wants of course. Paint it Black seems to be a great replacement. Always wondered why it wasn't a warhorse like the others. I think it is their most streamed song.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Musicwinn ()
Date: April 29, 2024 14:18

Hopefully, next time Keith will play the intro of "Start Me Up" correctly. This time, it went the way we feared.

The start of "Sweet Sounds" felt a bit odd for an encore in my opinion, but as it progressed, it turned out to be a perfect choice. Introducing a new song in the second half of the show was cool!

BV mentioned a week or so ago that Keith typically includes 2 songs in his set, but he hinted at providing more details later on. I wasn't sure what BV meant (or perhaps I was reading too much into it), but I speculated that Keith might perform 3 songs. However, it turned out to be only 1. I wonder why?

Most people in the stadium don't need 2 Keith songs, but for me, I always like to hear two Keith songs.

It was nice to see Ronnie was doing backing vocals on Angry.

The crowd loved Miss You when it started, and it's often also the moment Keith can have a small break. So for it's fine if it stays in the set.

"A Bigger Bang" shows typically lasted just over 90 minutes, so for me, this one didn't feel particularly special. With more shows than usual on this tour, I'm content with the 18 songs. Overall, it was a great show. Looking forward to New Orleans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-29 14:28 by Musicwinn.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 29, 2024 14:30

ProfessorWolf
slewan
Blueranger
People claiming that the version of T&A are among the best ever, must be getting a hearing-aid. Seriously, Keith is fumbling around and forgetting the chords.
I get we are excited, but come on!

bet version of T&A in eight years – let's leave it at that.

more like 20 years at least

my intention was to make a point everbody is able to agree on. Hence, 8 years…

Date: April 29, 2024 14:36

slewan
ProfessorWolf
slewan
Blueranger
People claiming that the version of T&A are among the best ever, must be getting a hearing-aid. Seriously, Keith is fumbling around and forgetting the chords.
I get we are excited, but come on!

bet version of T&A in eight years – let's leave it at that.

more like 20 years at least

my intention was to make a point everbody is able to agree on. Hence, 8 years…

good point

sorry

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1235
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home